Goodbye Jesus

Why does the Christian God treat women as inferior to men?

LeiaBryant

16 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Generally speaking, people in general don't like generalizations.  As a general rule, anyway.  

That's the general consensus. ;)

6 hours ago, florduh said:

So having multiple imaginary gods is better than imagining only one? Wow.

Yes if you only have one God , that God inevitably becomes a narcissist. As someone with a narcissist for a biological mother I see the same in all monotheistic religions. I fact I found a YouTube video that explains this perfectly. Watch this:

https://youtu.be/qjZ3f-IXEXU

EDIT:Note the video was made by a atheist. He points out the problem of monotheistic narcissism. As a polytheist I don't have these problems.

6 hours ago, freedwoman said:

I've encountered too many mysandrists and misogynists. I'm an androgyne. Neither masculine or feminine. So I'm in the wrong here. I'm a weirdo, abnormal, freak I guess. 

It's ok I am a weirdo too. Imbrace your strangeness .

On 3/27/2020 at 7:44 PM, freedwoman said:

Women also don't have the physical strength to be Carpenters. They aren't spatial either. 

I havent read the whole thread, so this may have already been addressed.  I do trail riding, off road, with what is called an Enduro motorcycle.  One of the people I ride with, and can ride better than I can, is a 50 year old grandmother who is a carpenter who runs her own business.

On 3/28/2020 at 2:49 PM, florduh said:

So having multiple imaginary gods is better than imagining only one? Wow.

So what did you think of the video I posted the first time I quoted this post?

On 3/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, LeiaBryant said:

As a polytheist I don't have these problems.

I think, if we may be blunt, the problem that Florduh was pointing out was that of worshiping imaginary gods. The number is kinda irrelevant.

Now I'm sure you are going to say your Gods are not imaginary, but I'm just highlighting the point Florduh was making. In my opinion a person believing in 3,000 gods is just as mistaken as the person believing in one. (Plus the devil, angels, demons, spirits, etc that goes with Christianity).

The problem with believing in imaginary  things is that people often act on those things... and that's scary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I think, if we may be blunt, the problem that Florduh was pointing out was that of worshiping imaginary gods. The number is kinda irrelevant.

Now I'm sure you are going to say your Gods are not imaginary, but I'm just highlighting the point Florduh was making. In my opinion a person believing in 3,000 gods is just as mistaken as the person believing in one. (Plus the devil, angels, demons, spirits, etc that goes with Christianity).

The problem with believing in imaginary  things is that people often act on those things... and that's scary.

If I am mistaken I can accept that as long as it doesn't harm anyone I don't think it matters. Remember the Wiccan rede is as you harm none,do as you will. Do you agree with my point about polytheist being in a better position morally because having only one God leads to a narcissist deity?

36 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

If I am mistaken I can accept that as long as it doesn't harm anyone I don't think it matters. Remember the Wiccan rede is as you harm none,do as you will. Do you agree with my point about polytheist being in a better position morally because having only one God leads to a narcissist deity?

Yes, as long as beliefs cause no harm I have no issue what a person believes. I might disagree with you, but I respect your right to believe what you like, even if I don't respect what you believe.

On your morality question: Not really.

Many of the mythical gods are narcissistic or have other sever behavioral traits that are undesirable. Largely this is because gods are made in humanities image, and not the other way around. Human's can be narcissistic, brutal, greedy pricks, as well as kind, loving and generous. So it is with the gods we have made.

Now if you are the sort of person who only worships the 'good' gods, all power to you, and I certainly think you display a better moral compass than someone who worships and endorses a morally abhorrent god/s. 

However, note that being a polytheist doesn't guarantee you such a morally superior position. What if you are the sort of polytheist who only worships the bad gods? Meanwhile many Christians cannot come to terms with the difference between their own moral compass and some of the stuff in the bible so they say their god is all loving. Jesus loves you. He loves the gays. He loves trans people. He loves the god damn atheists! Again that person is a much better person, and morally superior than a polytheist who worships the bad gods.

If you study people, their gods generally take after them and their biases. A judgmental person with little empathy will tend to go after the Yahweh type god and preach that gays should be burned, eternal hell awaits the unbeliever etc. The empathetic kind person will preach that Jesus loves everybody and all can come to salvation, and that hell is not a real place. The same will probably apply to polytheists.

Good people will worship good gods, arseholes will worship the bad gods.

The smart people don't worship any gods :D :P ;)

*Ducks and leaves the room* :magic:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest freedwoman
4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

The smart people don't worship any gods :D :P ;)

No offense but atheists aren't always "smart". Atheists can be just as stupid and vulgar as theists. Arrogant too. What makes you think atheists have intelligence and theists don't? 

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

No offense but atheists aren't always "smart". Atheists can be just as stupid and vulgar as theists. Arrogant too. What makes you think atheists have intelligence and theists don't? 

I know smart theists and dumb atheists as well. I think the point here is that in a religious society where belief in supernatural deities is the default, the atheist has made the effort to actually investigate the claims and make a rational conclusion based on the evidence, not emotions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, florduh said:

I know smart theists and dumb atheists as well. I think the point here is that in a religious society where belief in supernatural deities is the default, the atheist has made the effort to actually investigate the claims and make a rational conclusion based on the evidence, not emotions. 

Do you agree with my claim that monotheistic faiths are inheritly more narcissistic than polytheistic religions?

Guest freedwoman
49 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Richard Dawkins is the atheists Jesus Christ if you ask me. 

Charles Darwin would be their father. 😋 

Guest freedwoman

Evolution would be the Holy Spirit of the atheists. Sorry I couldn't resist. It's just that I see a strong connection here I think??? 🤔🧐

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, LeiaBryant said:

Do you agree with my claim that monotheistic faiths are inheritly more narcissistic than polytheistic religions?

No. 

4 hours ago, freedwoman said:

No offense but atheists aren't always "smart". Atheists can be just as stupid and vulgar as theists. Arrogant too.

What makes you think atheists have intelligence and theists don't? 

You see the laughing face, the pokey tongue and the winky face emojis after my "smart" comment? Clearly it was a joke line hence the emojis to indicate thus. Next time I will write "Joke" beside one of my jokes.

I am very well aware that atheists can be complete dumb shits. Believe me I've come across a few.

• Haha 1

Guest freedwoman
4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You see the laughing face, the pokey tongue and the winky face emojis after my "smart" comment? Clearly it was a joke line hence the emojis to indicate thus. Next time I will write "Joke" beside one of my jokes.

I am very well aware that atheists can be complete dumb shits. Believe me I've come across a few.

Oops. My mistake. Sorry I have no social skills. I just communicate differently.

10 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Oops. My mistake. Sorry I have no social skills. I just communicate differently.

No worries, I think you've mentioned this before. If I'd remembered I would have softened the tone of my reply. I wouldn't say you have no social skills, clearly you have some, probably quite a lot. Don't put yourself down so hard. I guess a tip for forum communication would be... well maybe two tips. First is a line followed by emojis like mine? If yes then its safe to assume the line is not intended seriously as the persons actual position, and 2, when in doubt assume the person intends well with their post instead of assuming they are attempting confrontation, and 3, (yes I said 2, but this one is free) if you are not sure ask. Like I've been asking LeiaBryant to clarify things because sometimes I just cannot pick up her intended meaning from her posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest freedwoman
21 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

No worries, I think you've mentioned this before. If I'd remembered I would have softened the tone of my reply. I wouldn't say you have no social skills, clearly you have some, probably quite a lot. Don't put yourself down so hard. I guess a tip for forum communication would be... well maybe two tips. First is a line followed by emojis like mine? If yes then its safe to assume the line is not intended seriously as the persons actual position, and 2, when in doubt assume the person intends well with their post instead of assuming they are attempting confrontation, and 3, (yes I said 2, but this one is free) if you are not sure ask. Like I've been asking LeiaBryant to clarify things because sometimes I just cannot pick up her intended meaning from her posts.

I'm considering going back to Social Skills class. It's the only way I'll ever learn how to communicate properly. My tone, way of speaking, and body language aren't normal. I'm basically friendless because I can't communicate right. Anthropophobia doesn't help either. 

Guest freedwoman
On 3/28/2020 at 6:11 PM, LeiaBryant said:

It's ok I am a weirdo too. Imbrace your strangeness .

I can't if I wanna be normal and do something with my life. Dead end job, no college in years, no family, no friends. My weirdness has gotten me nowhere. I'm a social failure and loser. But whatever. Sorry I'm not trying to take over your thread.

17 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Good people will worship good gods, arseholes will worship the bad gods.

I'll add that good people will worship the good aspect of a god, while assholes will worship the bad aspect of the same god!!! 

Because the god is presented in ways that are both good and bad for people. Bringing it back around to the loving god treating women as inferior through his, "inspired" staff......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, freedwoman said:

I can't if I wanna be normal and do something with my life. Dead end job, no college in years, no family, no friends. My weirdness has gotten me nowhere. I'm a social failure and loser. But whatever. Sorry I'm not trying to take over your thread.

We did personality tests a while back for fun. You're among many introverts! INTJ's and INFJ's and similar variations. Chin up!!!!!

😀

5 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Ouch. Don't be so hard on yourself! Btw theres a big connection in growing up brainwashed in xtianity, essentially being told you're a worthless peice of shit and need Jesus for redemption, and the messages and self talk that people give themselves throughout life. Many of us exit xtianity with terrible self confidence and little idea of who we really are. And this negative self talk is definitely influenced by the pattern of negative messaging we have received. 

One book I'll tout again that goes into this in great detail (and helps you come to terms with this messaging and heal yourself) is Leaving the Fold by Marlene Winell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

I'll add that good people will worship the good aspect of a god, while assholes will worship the bad aspect of the same god!!! 

Because the god is presented in ways that are both good and bad for people. Bringing it back around to the loving god treating women as inferior through his, "inspired" staff......

Yeah maybe I just encountered Christians focused on negative aspects of Christianity. It seems clear that there is a built in bias against women in Christianity. Do you agree that the Christian God clearly favors men over women?