Jump to content
LeiaBryant

Why does the Christian God treat women as inferior to men?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, freedwoman said:

I can't if I wanna be normal and do something with my life. Dead end job, no college in years, no family, no friends. My weirdness has gotten me nowhere. I'm a social failure and loser. But whatever. Sorry I'm not trying to take over your thread.

Every negative thing about being weird if you push it hard enough can breakthrough to being a positive. I embraced my weirdness strongly and eventually I found others like me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Yeah maybe I just encountered Christians focused on negative aspects of Christianity. It seems clear that there is a built in bias against women in Christianity. Do you agree that the Christian God clearly favors men over women?

 

Yes, it's built in. The people that prefer to block out the negative aspects are just ignoring what's there. The writers of scripture have cultural biases of time and place. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Yeah maybe I just encountered Christians focused on negative aspects of Christianity. It seems clear that there is a built in bias against women in Christianity. Do you agree that the Christian God clearly favors men over women?

I know the question isn't for me but what more evidence is required for this than the Bible itself? Is the old testament not enough? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

I know the question isn't for me but what more evidence is required for this than the Bible itself? Is the old testament not enough? 

 

 

Not just the old testament., but the new testament also:

 

Quote

[1 Timothy 2] begins by stating that “men should pray” (and the word used here for men is andras, a gendered word that refers only to males) and then says “women should dress themselves modestly and decently” (vv. 8–9). So men are to pray, and women are to dress modestly. That’s quite a contrast. But there’s more: “Let a woman learn in silence and full submission. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she is to be silent” (vv. 11–12). The author’s rationale: “For Adam was formed first, then Eve, and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor” (vv. 13–14). According to this text, women were to be silent in worship gatherings (and men were certainly not told to be silent), and the rationale for this mandate is that woman (Eve) was created second and sinned first. And the final blow is this: A woman “will be saved” (the future tense of the standard word for “be saved,” “be given salvation”) “through childbirth if she remains in faith and love and sanctification with modesty” (1 Timothy 2:15).

 

 

 

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/bible-interpretation/first-person-misogyny-in-the-bible/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, buffettphan said:

 

 

Not just the old testament., but the new testament also:

 

 

 

 

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/bible-interpretation/first-person-misogyny-in-the-bible/

Don't I know it. I grew up in a very "Pauline" church where men were the preachers, teachers, and rule setters about what women could and couldn't do (no birth control, make-up, piercings, movies, TV, dancing...endless list). So a Bible written by men and interpreted by men, doesn't require a lot of thinking to figure out what such a god (read: man) favors. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul advising women as per translated into modern language: 

 

"Shut up stupid, men are talking!" 

 

What an asshole.......

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 6:23 AM, TruthSeeker0 said:

Don't I know it. I grew up in a very "Pauline" church where men were the preachers, teachers, and rule setters about what women could and couldn't do (no birth control, make-up, piercings, movies, TV, dancing...endless list). So a Bible written by men and interpreted by men, doesn't require a lot of thinking to figure out what such a god (read: man) favors. 

 

To be fair, most of those interdictions usually apply to men too. It s not the men were dancing around while watching harry potter, in drag.:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

To be fair, most of those interdictions usually apply to men too. It s not the men were dancing around while watching harry potter, in drag.:)

No, but it's the men who are told what to do with their women in the Bible. Where in the Bible do you see it admonishing women to kill their husbands in such and such scenario etc? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

No, but it's the men who are told what to do with their women in the Bible. Where in the Bible do you see it admonishing women to kill their husbands in such and such scenario etc? 

Exactly, if it was equally bad for men this thread would be unnecessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 5:08 PM, Joshpantera said:

Paul advising women as per translated into modern language: 

 

"Shut up stupid, men are talking!" 

 

What an asshole.......

Yeah he sounds like kind of a prick. If Paul hadn't effed up Christianity I would still be one. In spite of the old testament BS . But Paul's sexism , homophobia etc. Is too much .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeiaBryant said:

Yeah he sounds like kind of a prick. If Paul hadn't effed up Christianity I would still be one. In spite of the old testament BS . But Paul's sexism , homophobia etc. Is too much .

 

It was the Council of Nicea in 325 CE by order of Caesar Flavius Constantine who created the only Bible you know. Some ancient texts were rejected, others accepted and translated to suit a political agenda. The "authors" attributed to the books are largely irrelevant today. The religion began and lives on as originally a political tool of a Roman emperor and Catholic power base. In subsequent centuries there have been many divisions and power plays resulting in a patchwork of "Christian" sects and denominations and interpretations of the "original" bullshit. Leaving the religion because of what someone supposedly named Paul had supposedly written should be at the bottom of the list of reasons to reject this insanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, florduh said:

 

It was the Council of Nicea in 325 CE by order of Caesar Flavius Constantine who created the only Bible you know. Some ancient texts were rejected, others accepted and translated to suit a political agenda. The "authors" attributed to the books are largely irrelevant today. The religion began and lives on as originally a political tool of a Roman emperor and Catholic power base. In subsequent centuries there have been many divisions and power plays resulting in a patchwork of "Christian" sects and denominations and interpretations of the "original" bullshit. Leaving the religion because of what someone supposedly named Paul had supposedly written should be at the bottom of the list of reasons to reject this insanity.

Yeah well you know what they say about straws breaking camels backs. Paul's sexism and homophobic bigotry is one of the main reasons I left Christianity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

Yeah well you know what they say about straws breaking camels backs. Paul's sexism and homophobic bigotry is one of the main reasons I left Christianity.

 

Yeah, it was God condoning the murder of women and children, but the keeping of (And I think the reasonable assumption) the rape of teen girls that kinda did it for me. Among all the other stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, florduh said:

 

It was the Council of Nicea in 325 CE by order of Caesar Flavius Constantine who created the only Bible you know. Some ancient texts were rejected, others accepted and translated to suit a political agenda. The "authors" attributed to the books are largely irrelevant today. The religion began and lives on as originally a political tool of a Roman emperor and Catholic power base. In subsequent centuries there have been many divisions and power plays resulting in a patchwork of "Christian" sects and denominations and interpretations of the "original" bullshit. Leaving the religion because of what someone supposedly named Paul had supposedly written should be at the bottom of the list of reasons to reject this insanity.

Actually that council had little to do with it. Most critical scholars even Bart Ehrman agrees with it. Constantine was an important figure in Chrostianity but the religion had been growing before him while persecuted and already had its history of sects and proto orthodoxy. The council of Nicea had been summoned to settle the issue of some heresy like most others not the canon of the church texts. And there were many zealous christians like monks who were willing to die before changing the canon. My guess is that they firstly wanted to follow a theological not political agenda. It actualy seemed to me  counterproductive for Constantine to adopt a minority religion.

       And it did not in any way shape or form began as a political tool for the Roman empire who tried to stamp it out of existence for several centuries before Constantine. That is demonstrably historically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest freedwoman
18 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Yeah he sounds like kind of a prick. If Paul hadn't effed up Christianity I would still be one. In spite of the old testament BS . But Paul's sexism , homophobia etc. Is too much .

Don't forget. Peter/Simon was also a repugnant mysoginist. 🤮😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, freedwoman said:

Don't forget. Peter/Simon was also a repugnant mysoginist. 🤮😠

All the men in the babble are, from Abraham onwards. Crazy how much influence fairy tales have had and continue to have on the lives of women. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 2:36 AM, LeiaBryant said:

How do pagans/ witches get treated in Romania? By the way my DNA test results say I have some Romanian ancestry so I want to know more about the country.

Roma people or gipsy in other countries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Skeptics said:

Roma people or gipsy in other countries.

A mix of both edit mostly romani but some other stuff too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Modern "Witches" I heard of in Romania are mostly gipsy con artists defrauding people of money so naturally opinions about them are pretty low. Gipsy population in Romania has the highest criminality rate of all ethnic minorities in Romania probably. It is a complex issue.

       Plus being a traditional christian country witchcraft was considered demonic, could lead to demonic possesion and loss of the Holy Spirit Ointment ritual, as any another clear religious practices actually. 

     As for ancient traditional shamanism it is almost all dead OR rebranded and integrated in Christian form altough I did from time to time people going to witches even now. 

     Have no idea of wizards. Does wicca allow also for wizards or only female witches?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 1:11 PM, TruthSeeker0 said:

All the men in the babble are, from Abraham onwards. Crazy how much influence fairy tales have had and continue to have on the lives of women. 

Oh come on TS....even when I run into a "strong woman", they are strong until they need help.  And are mostly manipulative.  The fairy tale didn't dictate evolution....

I DO know women that are physically, mentally, and intellectually superior to redneck me.  NOT my point.  

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Oh come on TS....even when I run into a "strong woman", they are strong until they need help.  And are mostly manipulative.  The fairy tale didn't dictate evolution....

I DO know women that are physically, mentally, and intellectually superior to redneck me.  NOT my point.  

Please quote, I've no idea what you're "come on" ing about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

Modern "Witches" I heard of in Romania are mostly gipsy con artists defrauding people of money so naturally opinions about them are pretty low. Gipsy population in Romania has the highest criminality rate of all ethnic minorities in Romania probably. It is a complex issue.

       Plus being a traditional christian country witchcraft was considered demonic, could lead to demonic possesion and loss of the Holy Spirit Ointment ritual, as any another clear religious practices actually. 

     As for ancient traditional shamanism it is almost all dead OR rebranded and integrated in Christian form altough I did from time to time people going to witches even now. 

     Have no idea of wizards. Does wicca allow also for wizards or only female witches?

 I'm half Scottish and half Roma and I am not a con artist . I suppose my religion would make me a social outcast there .

It depends on the tradition. Most covens allow male members but not all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest freedwoman
19 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Oh come on TS....even when I run into a "strong woman", they are strong until they need help.  And are mostly manipulative.  The fairy tale didn't dictate evolution....

I DO know women that are physically, mentally, and intellectually superior to redneck me.  NOT my point.  

For your information men need women's help too. You men are mostly stronger than women. But women are very slowly but surely catching up to men. Look up Becca Swanson for example. That lady benches over 600 pounds. Right around some of the worlds strongest men. Plus she took MMA before. I doubt she needs any mans help. She is stronger than most men even the super strong ones. But she stopped strength training to get married and have children. I can just imaging how strong she would be today if she still trained. Just look up stories where women have defended their husbands even at the risk and cost of their own lives. I've defended my loved ones from an intruder. Plus I never expect men to help me or fight my battles for me. A few years ago I was in a literal fist fight with a slightly bigger man. He was punching me in the face repeatedly. I won that fight. I kicked him in the groin so hard I probably made him infertil. He fell to the floor writhing in pain. To be honest I didn't think geez these other men should help me. Never. Why should some stranger risk his life to save a woman he doesn't know? Plus how would he know I didn't deserve it? I could have started hitting him first and he may have just been defending himself. I've seen full grown men assault women and I never stepped in. Not risking my life for someone I don't know unless that person is a child. Bottom line. Please get over yourself. Just because you're a man doesn't make you superior. Besides if a bigger man can't knock out a woman while hitting her as hard as he can I can't think that all men are too much stronger than some women. 

 

You men have the problem of thinking you're superior to us women just for being biologically stronger. So by that standard you men are inferior to gorillas, bears, big felines, etc...

 

 

Besides you're a Christian. Why are you even posting here?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest freedwoman

One last thing. I don't care if you don't believe me about my fist fight with that man. Most insecure weak men accuse me of making that up. Which I am not. He really was going all out against me. He still couldn't knock me out. I guess he hit like a girl? 

 

Also if you want proof about what I stated I would be more than happy to share those sources with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

One last thing. I don't care if you don't believe me about my fist fight with that man. Most insecure weak men accuse me of making that up. Which I am not. He really was going all out against me. He still couldn't knock me out. I guess he hit like a girl? 

 

Also if you want proof about what I stated I would be more than happy to share those sources with you. 

I don't think strength was my point....or mental fortitude, or intellect.....as I stated.  I'm pretty strong but there is a young lady in my gym that can squat and deadlift more than me.  My point was the gist of Genesis 3:16....pain in childbirth, your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.  I'm not sure I have ever witnessed a young woman that is not looking for a husband as her number one occupation.  Then, I watch self-declared "strong women" ultimately need assistance.....house building, business building, something, and then again, ultimately turn towards a relationship.  There are certainly exceptions, but that verse holds pretty true.
 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.