Sign in to follow this  
LeiaBryant

Why does the Christian God treat women as inferior to men?

Guest freedwoman
19 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I don't think strength was my point....or mental fortitude, or intellect.....as I stated.  I'm pretty strong but there is a young lady in my gym that can squat and deadlift more than me.  My point was the gist of Genesis 3:16....pain in childbirth, your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.  I'm not sure I have ever witnessed a young woman that is not looking for a husband as her number one occupation.  Then, I watch self-declared "strong women" ultimately need assistance.....house building, business building, something, and then again, ultimately turn towards a relationship.  There are certainly exceptions, but that verse holds pretty true.

Don't you dare try and tell me my place is to get married, submit (be a slave to a man), and bear his children. 

Guest freedwoman

I'll reply more about this later. But for now, life calls. Later.

4 hours ago, freedwoman said:

For your information men need women's help too. You men are mostly stronger than women. But women are very slowly but surely catching up to men. Look up Becca Swanson for example. That lady benches over 600 pounds. Right around some of the worlds strongest men.

I'm not sure why you chose this particular mountain upon which to place your flag. It's a very impressive bench, but it's not around some of the worlds strongest men, it's not even close.

When it comes to physical strength women are not catching up to men, they are staying where they have for probably most of our evolutionary history - that is physically 20-30 percent weaker than men in terms of strength. Sure Becca benched 600 - she benched that equipped (Meaning she had something like a bench shirt on.) By comparison Julius Maddox pressed 770 RAW (no equipment), and Tiny Meeker pressed 1102 pounds in Dec 2014 equipped. 

I'm not even sure why you'd try and bring strength into a conversation that's essentially about equality. Equality doesn't mean that both men and women have to bench 600, or that women somehow have to 'catch up' to men in physical standards. And it's a conversation you'll lose every single time because of biological reality. My suggestion, whenever talking about equality, is to never bring strength into it. It will miss the point, and you'll lose the conversation.

4 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

My point was the gist of Genesis 3:16....pain in childbirth, your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.  I'm not sure I have ever witnessed a young woman that is not looking for a husband as her number one occupation.  Then, I watch self-declared "strong women" ultimately need assistance.....house building, business building, something, and then again, ultimately turn towards a relationship.  There are certainly exceptions, but that verse holds pretty true.

Good god man, you need to stop thinking you are living in 1950. Pain in childbirth... yeah, so it was a revelation from God that told us that or was it women screaming that might have giving the writer the idea that childbirth was painful? The next bits thought are garbage written by men in a mans world. If a woman wrote that verse it might have read exactly the same except replace the gender terms. Men have gone to war and had fights over women because their cocks (read desire for the woman, not the other way round) spoke louder than brains.

My mind boggles really, Edgar. What you said pretty much applies equally to men (Minus the childbirth bit). Men and women will ultimately look for relationships. It's not a one way street where women are the ones pining for a relationship and men have all the power. In fact I'd say women often have an edge when it comes to relationships and desires. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

I don't think strength was my point....or mental fortitude, or intellect.....as I stated.  I'm pretty strong but there is a young lady in my gym that can squat and deadlift more than me.  My point was the gist of Genesis 3:16....pain in childbirth, your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.  I'm not sure I have ever witnessed a young woman that is not looking for a husband as her number one occupation.  Then, I watch self-declared "strong women" ultimately need assistance.....house building, business building, something, and then again, ultimately turn towards a relationship.  There are certainly exceptions, but that verse holds pretty true.

Uhuh. Bet you're watching such women in a church are you not since you're xtian? Are you not familiar yet with the fact xtian women have it pounded into their heads that they need a man in their lives to rule them? 

Pretty clear to me, you haven't hung around atheist women a lot. Or women of all kinds, inclinations, and careers. Or you wouldn't be spouting what you're spouting here. 

• Like 1

Guest freedwoman
1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I'm not sure why you chose this particular mountain upon which to place your flag. It's a very impressive bench, but it's not around some of the worlds strongest men, it's not even close.

When it comes to physical strength women are not catching up to men, they are staying where they have for probably most of our evolutionary history - that is physically 20-30 percent weaker than men in terms of strength. Sure Becca benched 600 - she benched that equipped (Meaning she had something like a bench shirt on.) By comparison Julius Maddox pressed 770 RAW (no equipment), and Tiny Meeker pressed 1102 pounds in Dec 2014 equipped. 

I'm not even sure why you'd try and bring strength into a conversation that's essentially about equality. Equality doesn't mean that both men and women have to bench 600, or that women somehow have to 'catch up' to men in physical standards. And it's a conversation you'll lose every single time because of biological reality. My suggestion, whenever talking about equality, is to never bring strength into it. It will miss the point, and you'll lose the conversation.

Wow. I didn't know that. I was under the impression all strong men and women competitors had to bench raw? I stand corrected. 

Why is it that most men are always so adamant about putting me and other women in our places as being so much weaker than them? I get men telling me that all the time. And bragging about how they can kick my ass. Woohoo. So once again it happens.

Maybe every man has a hidden mysoginist side. Even the pro women men. They may just not be aware of it. 

I'm sick and tired of all the defending of men I do. Whether in person or online. I'm also for certain not gonna defend women.

I'm losing my adoration and respect for men as time goes on. When they show their true colours. 

Good thing for me I'm an introvert. 

Ladies and gentlemen, knock each other out. 

I'm done.

Good bye. 

1 minute ago, freedwoman said:

Wow. I didn't know that. I was under the impression all strong men and women competitors had to bench raw? I stand corrected. 

Why is it that most men are always so adamant about putting me and other women in our places as being so much weaker than them? I get men telling me that all the time. And bragging about how they can kick my ass. Woohoo. So once again it happens.

Maybe every man has a hidden mysoginist side. Even the pro women men. They may just not be aware of it. 

I'm sick and tired of all the defending of men I do. Whether I'm person or online. I'm also for certain not gonna defend women.

I'm losing my adoration and respect for men as time goes on. When they show their true colours. 

I'm done.

Good bye. 

I wouldn't call it misogyny when people disagree with you. Not a good idea. Also LF isn't trying to put you in any place. 

No need to be hot headed. I had several arguments with LF when I was getting to know him (in which my emotions would run off and my reasoning logical mind was far behind). Often we're too willing to think ill of people when they trigger a large amount of a primary emotion within us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

There are many different categories under which competitions take place. I used the example to point out that there is still a big difference between men and women even when the man is unequipped (RAW) and the woman equipped. This is not a dig at women, it was simply evidence to support my point.

You made a statement that was factually incorrect (That women are getting closer to men). I simply pointed out information that showed that statement to be false. There are some biological facts that everyone should be happy to accept. One of them is men are stronger than woman (on average) and so statistically, yes a man can kick your ass when all mitigating factors are taken into account. This is not an attack on you, or women in general, its simply stating facts. Like evolution is a fact, and my dog is white fact. We should not get upset when these are pointed out to correct a misconception.

How does this sound to you? 

"Maybe every woman has a hidden misandric side. Even the pro men women. They may just not be aware of it. "

If it sounds 'off' and wrong, that's because it is. Both statements are absurd.

I'm sick and tired of all the defending of men I do. Whether in person or online. I'm also for certain not gonna defend women.

Maybe you place too much emphasis on defending certain groups? It's going to wear you down. Pick your battles. Truthseeker will tell you I like a good debate, but a lot of people don't. Don't seek it out if it upsets you, or know when to just back away for some 'me time'.

Because some facts were pointed out? Losing respect simply because someone has a different opinion than you is not healthy in the long run, losing respect because facts are pointed out is just silly in my opinion.

You and me both! :D 

Not literally of course... that was metaphorical... right? :D 

In closing, TS is completely right, my post wasn't a personal attack nor an attack on women, it shouldn't be taken as such, and I do agree with her point that we should not be too quick to think a person means ill will. 

• Like 1

Well the last few posts show why and how things get messed up when too much emphasis is made on group identity vs individual identity. 

You should never adore or respect a whole group of people. Pick any major group based on gender race ethnicity religion and you will find people you respect and people you do not.

That is why, in judging individuals I think equality is not a good goal. People should get what they deserve/desire/ handle. Take voting rights. Should women vote? Well what is required to vote? A certain level of discernment and mature rational thinking, we could say. Well do women qualilify ? Some do, some do not ( children, mentally disabled, etc) . So start in reality,  not ideas,no matter how atrractive said ideas can be.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 10:21 PM, Edgarcito said:

Oh come on TS....even when I run into a "strong woman", they are strong until they need help.  And are mostly manipulative.  The fairy tale didn't dictate evolution....

I DO know women that are physically, mentally, and intellectually superior to redneck me.  NOT my point.  

What are your answers to the questions in the opening post of the thread?

Guest freedwoman

LogicalFallacy and TruthSeeker. I already admitted I was wrong. I stand corrected. What more do you want? Plus I guess you are right. There have only been a few cases in the history where women have beat the best men at sports. The reason men and women have almost the same grip strength days is not because women are getting stronger. It may something else. 

Sorry for causing a disturbance here. Plus what you said about respect is correct. I respect any decent person. I shouldn't just respect an entire group of people. That was biased on my part. It won't happen again. Sorry for pissing you two off. But you're right, don't seek it out. But I did. So it's my fault. I'll own up to that. I thought I had the facts right but I didn't. I appreciate being corrected like this. It will make me learn from my mistakes and be a better communicator and debater. 

Peace

And Myrkhoos you are correct. I shouldn't be doing that. All it does it get me in trouble.

9 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Genesis 3:16 is BS.  It doesn't take much in the way of observing other humans over thousands of years of civilization to realize that human females regularly experience pain in childbirth.  It has nothing to do with your god cursing them, and everything to do with the fact that human babies have comparatively larger heads in proportion to the mother's hips.

I dumped a spouse because, in addition to being childish and narcissistic, he was also fucking useless at providing assistance.  He ran a business into the ground after financing it with my money.  I paid 99+% of the mortgage payments on my first house.  I am now sitting in my second fully-paid-off house, which I am renovating without male help, absolutely overjoyed to not be in a relationship.

Perhaps you don't know any women who don't fit your stereotype because they smell the misogyny on you and steer clear of you.  I, for one, wouldn't bother with someone with your attitude, and suspect that the feeling is mutual.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Who are you addressing?

8 hours ago, freedwoman said:

LogicalFallacy and TruthSeeker. I already admitted I was wrong. I stand corrected. What more do you want? Plus I guess you are right. There have only been a few cases in the history where women have beat the best men at sports. The reason men and women have almost the same grip strength days is not because women are getting stronger. It may something else. 

Sorry for causing a disturbance here. Plus what you said about respect is correct. I respect any decent person. I shouldn't just respect an entire group of people. That was biased on my part. It won't happen again. Sorry for pissing you two off. But you're right, don't seek it out. But I did. So it's my fault. I'll own up to that. I thought I had the facts right but I didn't. I appreciate being corrected like this. It will make me learn from my mistakes and be a better communicator and debater. 

Peace

And Myrkhoos you are correct. I shouldn't be doing that. All it does it get me in trouble.

Why do you think you're pissing people off? LF has a long fuse. I was simply pointing out that he didn't mean to upset you. 

5 hours ago, Astreja said:

Genesis 3:16 is BS.  It doesn't take much in the way of observing other humans over thousands of years of civilization to realize that human females regularly experience pain in childbirth.  It has nothing to do with your god cursing them, and everything to do with the fact that human babies have comparatively larger heads in proportion to the mother's hips.

I dumped a spouse because, in addition to being childish and narcissistic, he was also fucking useless at providing assistance.  He ran a business into the ground after financing it with my money.  I paid 99+% of the mortgage payments on my first house.  I am now sitting in my second fully-paid-off house, which I am renovating without male help, absolutely overjoyed to not be in a relationship.

Perhaps you don't know any women who don't fit your stereotype because they smell the misogyny on you and steer clear of you.  I, for one, wouldn't bother with someone with your attitude, and suspect that the feeling is mutual.

The problem arrives with "I have witnessed" leading to statements like "this holds true" in regards to 50% of the population. What you've personality witnessed says nada about half the population - it says more about the circles in which you associate, the kinds of people who are willing to associate with you, and a few random people you are forced to associate with ie coworkers. Making generalizations about half the population, which includes different cultures and belief systems and a lot of variety, is stupid. 

• Like 2

This is why I prefer goats.

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Astreja said:

You're probably right A.  It's about trust, a Biblical concept.  And the Bible makes the analogy that the church is a woman, imagine that.  But to your comment, you "dumped a spouse"...broke trust essentially because you didn't have the wherewithal to not break your word.  Call me what you wish, but yeah, it's mutual thanks to many women with this same mindset.   

2 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

The problem arrives with "I have witnessed" leading to statements like "this holds true" in regards to 50% of the population. What you've personality witnessed says nada about half the population - it says more about the circles in which you associate, the kinds of people who are willing to associate with you, and a few random people you are forced to associate with ie coworkers. Making generalizations about half the population, which includes different cultures and belief systems and a lot of variety, is stupid. 

Idk, Astreja just made my point and I doubt she lives down here in redneck Heaven, my conservative culture.  And we see it all over the nation, I am woman, hear me roar, while simultaneously shaking their asses.  Can be bought to wear short dresses on television....Let's not kid ourselves TS.  Maybe someday a nation of women will rise up and be able to change their own oil.....but until then...

11 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

I forgot the question LB....I read a few of your responses....self proclaimed witches scare me honestly.  I'll be glad to try and give an opinion if you have a specific one you would like to address.  Thanks.

Guest freedwoman
2 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Why do you think you're pissing people off? LF has a long fuse. I was simply pointing out that he didn't mean to upset you. 

I guess I assumed you both were angry at me because I spoke my mind? I was never allowed to when I was growing up. I was overly emotional about this because I was treated like my moms punching bag as a child. Then when I grew up some men treated me like their punching bag. That's why choose to remain single and working. There is so much abuse in Christianity in regards to submitting to those in Biblical authority. My mom and dad never think domestic abuse is really abuse. They say it's because the wife was either rebellious, disobedient, or outspoken. That her husband is exercising his God given Biblical authority over her. One of my sisters came over with bruises her husband gave her. He beat her because she was cheating on him. My dad said that he would have done the same thing if he were being cheated on. My mom told her she deserved it for committing adultery. They had no problem sending her back to her husband. So yeah it's my fault and my fault only if I get beaten and raped by my husband. It's my fault for failing being a good wife. Sorry for getting too personal. I'm not any ones punching bag and I refuse to be treated like one again. I will fight back. I will not go down with out a fight. I will never be a victim. I realize I'm on my own. No God or family to save or help me. Also this is not a pity party. 

I issued an apology to both of you. I was being rash and not thinking clearly. I owe you both and apology and an explanation. My past is one the reasons I wrote "Biblically Battered Brides & Violence Against Women"

Also a long fuse sounds like something I and my family should aim for. 

Peace.

51 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

I guess I assumed you both were angry at me because I spoke my mind? I was never allowed to when I was growing up. I was overly emotional about this because I was treated like my moms punching bag as a child. Then when I grew up some men treated me like their punching bag. That's why choose to remain single and working. There is so much abuse in Christianity in regards to submitting to those in Biblical authority. My mom and dad never think domestic abuse is really abuse. They say it's because the wife was either rebellious, disobedient, or outspoken. That her husband is exercising his God given Biblical authority over her. One of my sisters came over with bruises her husband gave her. He beat her because she was cheating on him. My dad said that he would have done the same thing if he were being cheated on. My mom told her she deserved it for committing adultery. They had no problem sending her back to her husband. So yeah it's my fault and my fault only if I get beaten and raped by my husband. It's my fault for failing being a good wife. Sorry for getting too personal. I'm not any ones punching bag and I refuse to be treated like one again. I will fight back. I will not go down with out a fight. I will never be a victim. I realize I'm on my own. No God or family to save or help me. Also this is not a pity party. 

I issued an apology to both of you. I was being rash and not thinking clearly. I owe you both and apology and an explanation. My past is one the reasons I wrote "Biblically Battered Brides & Violence Against Women"

Also a long fuse sounds like something I and my family should aim for. 

Peace.

I am sorry you have undergone such suffering. You are very strong for surviving. It seems you have ben traumatized and are easily triggered by certain things. You should look up trauma and cult related trauma. You are hurting and that is normal. I can relate.

Unfortunately the God of the Christian Bible seems to punish violently any dissent and does not know anything about peaceful conflict resolution. His idea about conflict resolution involved murder, torture, and human sacrifice. Also constant guilt trips.

Most usual posters here don t seem to want to shame and blame on that level even while disagreeing. And are usually glad for someone to speak their mind, in a reasonable manner, even if disagreeing.

Sending positive vibes :).

• Like 3

Guest freedwoman
8 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

I am sorry you have undergone such suffering. You are very strong for surviving. It seems you have ben traumatized and are easily triggered by certain things. You should look up trauma and cult related trauma. You are hurting and that is normal. I can relate.

Unfortunately the God of the Christian Bible seems to punishes violently any dissent and does not know anything about peaceful conflict resolution. His idea about conflict resolution involved murder, torture, and human sacrifice. Also constant guilt trips.

Most usual posters here don t seem to want to shame and blame on that level even while disagreeing. And are usually glad for someone to speak their mind, in a reasonable manner, even if disagreeing.

Sending positive vibes :).

Thanks for your empathy and understanding. I remember speaking out against domestic violence before with a group of people. Then one man said that the only thing he thinks women are good for is to sexually please him and take his frustration out on after a bad day at work! He even laughed about it! I was speechless. I dunno what his religion is or even if he has a religion? One thing is for sure I don't talk to him anymore. I really hope he is not married. I really hope he doesn't have children.

Also I am in no way lessening the suffering abused men have at the hands of their wives. Some even get beaten to death by them. Point is no one deserves to be abused man or woman. And especially NOT children. Please take off like a bat outta Hell if you are being abused. Same with men. Please don't be ashamed! 

Sorry for veering a little off topic. 

20 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Thanks for your empathy and understanding. I remember speaking out against domestic violence before with a group of people. Then one man said that the only thing he thinks women are good for is to sexually please him and take his frustration out on after a bad day at work! He even laughed about it! I was speechless. I dunno what his religion is or even if he has a religion? One thing is for sure I don't talk to him anymore. I really hope he is not married. I really hope he doesn't have children.

Also I am in no way lessening the suffering abused men have at the hands of their wives. Some even get beaten to death by them. Point is no one deserves to be abused man or woman. And especially NOT children. Please take off like a bat outta Hell if you are being abused. Same with men. Please don't be ashamed! 

Sorry for veering a little off topic. 

Abuse and violence do not have a race, gender, sexual preference, etc. Yes there are differences,  in quantity intensity and other things which should be taken into consideration , but at the end it is abuse.

I made silly jokes about women, and did not act constantly as a perfect gentleman, but my main idea for a female partener was, if anything too romantic than anything. Care and love. I remember I girl I had a secret crush on in highschool. She seemed like a princess to me I was even ashamed of speaking coarsely around here. :)) In fact I never really understoid until recently, and even now only a little, how men's bodies could be beautiful. That word seemed off to me. Sturdy maybe. Well built. But like a pick up truck or a jeep vs a lamborghini.  A little stereotypical but..hey I grew up with fairy tales.

Guest freedwoman
10 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

I made silly jokes about women.

Did you ever make comments about raping or beating women? Those are not funny or acceptable so called jokes. I can tolerate make me a sandwich jokes. But not rape or beating jokes. 

Guest freedwoman
13 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

Abuse and violence do not have a race, gender, sexual preference, etc. Yes there are differences,  in quantity intensity and other things which should be taken into consideration , but at the end it is abuse.

Yes. Exactly, 100% True.

9 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Idk, Astreja just made my point and I doubt she lives down here in redneck Heaven, my conservative culture.  And we see it all over the nation, I am woman, hear me roar, while simultaneously shaking their asses.  Can be bought to wear short dresses on television....Let's not kid ourselves TS.  Maybe someday a nation of women will rise up and be able to change their own oil.....but until then...

What a misogynistic prick. What else is to be expected from redneckville lol. Stupid references to women not being able to change their own oil etc.. Any thinking women with a brain in her head knows to steer well clear of such types. As will I from now on, find some other women to antagonize as that's all you're attempting here.