Stamps1962

Spread the Virus; It's for Jesus

Sometimes Evangelicals just infuriate me; they live in isolation from reality so much. I assumed people in general know we may be on the edge of  pandemic here and then there's this:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2020-prayer-conference-tickets-89998494921#

A three day event in NC with over 2,000 attending. I'd bet local authorities are real happy seeing these fools coming. I'd also bet they're afraid to try to ban it. Those  attendees are gonna need prayer and so sadly are their friends and coworkers back home. Morons.. 

Thank you for your support
Buy Ex-C a cup of coffee!
Costs have significantly risen and we need your support! Click the coffee cup to give a one-time donation, or choose one of the recurrent patron options.
Note: All Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
53 minutes ago, Stamps1962 said:

Sometimes Evangelicals just infuriate me; they live in isolation from reality so much. I assumed people in general know we may be on the edge of  pandemic here and then there's this:

A three day event in NC with over 2,000 attending. I'd bet local authorities are real happy seeing these fools coming. I'd also bet they're afraid to try to ban it. Those  attendees are gonna need prayer and so sadly are their friends and coworkers back home. Morons.. 

Oh boy, that's just a disaster waiting to happen! Scary stuff.  Yup, evangelicals can be pretty dumb....

https://www.smdailyjournal.com/coronavirus/governor-says-to-avoid-events-ponders-blocking-cruise-travel-off/article_b60321a4-634f-11ea-a1d0-5ff5c870f62f.html

The California governor, obviously a spawn of Satan (/s) is telling people not to gather. I dont think he's mentioned church gathering yet, though...hmmm

I wonder if the Ark Encounter will close for a while. 

There are several large mega churches in my area. I've just scanned their websites, you wouldn't know there is a pandemic. Absolutely nothing on their sites about addressing issues associated with it. No effort to address concerns, they apparently don't have any. I assume they will all be there this Sunday swaying their unwashed hands in the air, breathing on each other while gibbering in strange tongues. If these morons just infect one another I wouldn't care but that's not how this works.

• Thanks 1

We have this nonsense and the blathering idiots who've come out of the woodwork claiming CONVID-19 is sent to punish the world for homosexuals, or abortion or both.. or other stupid stuff.

On the other hand it will be the church goers that get struck down - kind of ironically poetic. CONVID-19 infects indiscriminately - it's an equal opportunities proponent.

3 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

We have this nonsense and the blathering idiots who've come out of the woodwork claiming CONVID-19 is sent to punish the world for homosexuals, or abortion or both.. or other stupid stuff.

On the other hand it will be the church goers that get struck down - kind of ironically poetic. CONVID-19 infects indiscriminately - it's an equal opportunities proponent.

My personal belief is that god is not pleased with the fundagelicals embracing Donald Trump,  so he has sent a plague.  

• Haha 5

On 3/11/2020 at 4:21 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

https://youtu.be/wajEe8QRqFQ

I was getting ready to start a new thread and found this one, so I'll add this to the nutcase ledger. You’ve got to read this. These folks are certifiable. In Redding, California, a city of about 92,000, there is a faith-healing church with a membership of 9100. (Note that 9100 members is almost ten percent of the entire city population. To be fair, the membership probably includes folks from nearby areas including the smaller city of Red Bluff, but still that's a lot of people.)

And some 2,400 students from around the globe are enrolled at the church’s School of Supernatural Ministry. 

The story is about how the church is reacting to the Cronavirus, but there is lots of stuff about these nutcases. Here is a link to the whole story. It’s worth reading: https://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/living/religion/article241044316.html

Here are a couple of quotes from the story:
“One Redding woman told The Sacramento Bee on Saturday that on Jan. 31, she was approached by two Bethel students in the emergency room at Mercy Medical Center in Redding. The pair said “they would pray over the people there and put Jesus in their hearts and this would heal us all and we didn’t need to stay at the ER and could go home,” the woman said in a text message….”

“Late last year, hundreds of church members gathered in an attempt to resurrect a 2-year-old named Olive Heiligenthal, hours after the toddler had stopped breathing and died on Dec. 14. Church members gathered to sing, “Come alive/ Come alive/ Come alive, dry bones/ Awake, arise/ Inhale the light.” Thousands of people posted on Instagram with the hashtag #WakeUpOlive.”

“In October 2008, a Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry student moved to Washington and started a “dead-raising team” that worked with members of the local fire department to pray over bodies found on emergency calls, according to the Redding Record Searchlight.”

And here’s the clincher: “[M]embers claim gold dust and angel feathers appear out of the air.”

The story also says, “Bethel Church has deeply ingrained itself into Redding’s political scene.” The church now manages the city's civic center and also uses it for its School of Supernatural Ministry.

12 hours ago, Stamps1962 said:

Eventbrite says the event is ended. Perhaps they cancelled it?

If the conference attendees would just spread the virus among themselves, I'd say it's nature's way of thinning out the weak.  However, they'll go back to their homes and create havoc.   

These are the same types of people who would fully agree that willfully spreading the aids virus is a form of murder.  Yet when it comes to willfully spreading the coronavirus, well -- it's just a little bug spread by coughing and sneezing, so it's okay  ....  smh   

ETA:   

Eventbrite says the event is ended. Perhaps they cancelled it?

Looks like it occurred last Saturday, 3/7.  So the attendees are home and possibly spreading the word germs.   

10 hours ago, older said:

Here's another one: Jim Bakker is being sued by the Missouri a.g. over selling a Coronavirus cure:

https://www.newser.com/story/288024/jim-bakker-sued-over-coronavirus-cure.html

Well, you know how they say that when people go to prison, they come out knowing how to be even better criminals?   Just sayin'        :49:

• Haha 1

I just got an email from jesus.  He's cancelling the rapture on account of the corona virus.

• Haha 4

Taking the Lord’s Supper could be like playing Russian Roulette, especially for those 1 cup groups. Everyone drinking  from the same cup. They will definitely need a lot of prayer. :jesus:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Geezer said:

Taking the Lord’s Supper could be like playing Russian Roulette, especially for those 1 cup groups. Everyone drinking  from the same cup. They will definitely need a lot of prayer. :jesus:

If it be possible, let this cup pass from me.  Nevertheless, not my will, but thine, be done.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, buffettphan said:

It's good for the short term. Dead or sick parishioners are not tithing parishioners. 

On 3/13/2020 at 11:02 AM, Geezer said:

Actually there is a theory that is why it so infested Italy.  Apparently by tradition priests in Italy place the wafer directly on the tongue of the parishioner. Look at the age group most affected there, old folks. Probably most attended Mass regularly. 

Religion always gets you close to God.. 

If a priest got infected from the one who entered Italy or from others, i regard this as truth.

How many wafers in a day a priest deliver ? If he is sick and doesen't show symptoms (if coronavirus can have asymptomatic people, this mean that they don't sneeze, just put theyr finger in theyr mouth and saliva on a public place after that, and infection occur ? Different from latent tuberculosis) or shows symptoms, could infect more than 100 in a day.

In my country, it doesen't explain on tv what asymptomatic means.

16 hours ago, Stamps1962 said:

Actually there is a theory that is why it so infested Italy.  Apparently by tradition priests in Italy place the wafer directly on the tongue of the parishioner. Look at the age group most affected there, old folks. Probably most attended Mass regularly. 

Religion always gets you close to God.. 

I kinda doubt that theory. There is this fear in my country also although communion is taken with a spoon. I have never heard of mass health issues stemming from that issue.  However the very heterogenous crowd a church gathering has, all ages and occupations seems a more possible culprit. Also italians are big on socializing, like the spanish :) Also highest elderly population in europe with a high percentage of people living intergenerationally under one roof. Also idk if they took it seriously in the beggining. Also a highly turistic country with many immigrants. So many leads. Or pure bad luck.

OK, folks. Here we are two months into this and here is the headline:

_______

Louisiana pastor defies coronavirus order, draws over 1,000 people to services
"The virus, we believe, is politically motivated," Tony Spell said. "We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

_______

So if those assholes get sick, are they going to go to a taxpayer supported hospital for treatment, or will they go back to their church and pray for healing?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/louisiana-pastor-defies-coronavirus-order-draws-over-1-000-people-n1168501

Fortunately, many of us are keeping our sense of humor. A recent comment seen online:

"My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant in the last week that when I pee it cleans the toilet."

• Haha 4

OK, folks. I'm on the verge of apoplexy. Here are some more morons:

• Jerry Falwell Jr. has reopened Liberty University. From the story: President Jerry Falwell Jr. told CNN on Wednesday that about 1,900 of its 15,000 residential students had returned to its Virginia campus from spring break. This week, he told the Richmond Times-Dispatch, “I think we have a responsibility to our students—who paid to be here, who want to be here, who love it here—to give them the ability to be with their friends, to continue their studies, enjoy the room and board they’ve already paid for and to not interrupt their college life.”
    On March 13, before he communicated with students at all about the virus, he gave an interview to Fox & Friends in which he said media was exaggerating it in order to hurt Trump and that the virus might be a bioweapon manufactured by North Korea. In the same interview he said that in-person classes at Liberty would go on. At an all-campus event streamed online later the same day, Falwell again dismissed the virus as “hype.” When a parent of three Liberty students challenged him on Twitter about the decision to stay open, Falwell called him a “dummy.”
    “I think we, in a way, are protecting the students by having them on campus together,” he contends. “Ninety-nine percent of them are not at the age to be at risk, and they don’t have conditions that put them at risk.”

https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/03/people-at-liberty-university-arent-happy-about-jerry-falwell-jrs-decision-to-reopen-campus.html?
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/03/republicans-think-they-can-decide-who-dies.html?

• Hobby Lobby founder reportedly told employees a message from God informed his decision to leave stores open amid the coronavirus outbreak

In the note to employees, Green reportedly wrote that the decision was informed by a message from God bestowed upon his wife Barbara Green, who he described as a "prayer warrior."

"In her quiet prayer time this past week, the Lord put on Barbara's heart three profound words to remind us that He's in control. Guide, Guard, and Groom," Green reportedly says in the letter. "We serve a God who will Guide us through this storm, who will Guard us as we travel to places never seen before, and who, as a result of this experience, will Groom us to be better than we could have ever thought possible before now." 

Green wrote that while the future remains unclear, the company can "rest in knowing that God is in control," adding that the company may have to "tighten our belts" moving forward. 
    https://www.businessinsider.com/hobby-lobby-reportedly-leaving-stores-open-message-from-god-2020-3

• "Essential? Retailers Like Guitar Center and Michaels Think They Are"
    Guitar Center, Dillards department store, Michaels craft store, Sears, Kmart, and Joann Fabric and Craft Stores all think they are essential and are keeping many of their stores open.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/business/coronavirus-essential-retailers.html

1 hour ago, older said:

"Essential? Retailers Like Guitar Center and Michaels Think They Are"
Guitar Center, Dillards department store, Michaels craft store, Sears, Kmart, and Joann Fabric and Craft Stores all think they are essential and are keeping many of their stores open.

Yeah, guitar center is a bad choice right now. I don't see myself going into any guitar center and touching germ infected instruments at this time......

As for the christian's, idiots as usual. What else do we expect? 

• Like 1