LeiaBryant

In this thread we discuss the 2020 democratic primary.

I personally am a Tulsi Gabbard supporter. What about the rest of you all, who do you support?

I was watching Yang from early on. I knew it was a long shot, but here they are now basically taking his "freedom dividend" idea and using it as the economic stimulus package in response to a pandemic. Trump must have recognized that Yang was on to something. Getting $1,000 out to everyone in their home towns across the nation evenly spreads the money out from the ground up across the nation for trickle up, rather than trickle down effect. 

One difference is that they won't give it to millionaires or people who don't need it beyond a certain income level. Yang was going to give it to every citizen to do with it what they will, no questions asked. As a rite of citizenship, basically. I would imagine that Yang's at least glad to see that even though the DNC isn't ready for someone like him, his ideas had enough validity for other politicians to then take and try and run with. 

As for Sanders or Biden, it would be a cold day in hell before I'd cast a vote for either one of them. Just my opinion. 

As I understand it, it is an income tax rebate. So if you are below a certain income you would get only $600. If you earned less that $2500 you get nothing. And if you earned $75,000, you'd get $1200. There is also a cutoff for high incomes. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/488677-democrats-balk-at-1200-rebate-checks-in-stimulus-plan

On 3/19/2020 at 5:50 PM, Joshpantera said:

As for Sanders or Biden, it would be a cold day in hell before I'd cast a vote for either one of them. Just my opinion. 

Do you support Trump or some other candidate, or none at all?

On 3/20/2020 at 11:16 PM, older said:

As I understand it, it is an income tax rebate. So if you are below a certain income you would get only $600. If you earned less that $2500 you get nothing. And if you earned $75,000, you'd get $1200. There is also a cutoff for high incomes. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/488677-democrats-balk-at-1200-rebate-checks-in-stimulus-plan

Do you support Trump or some other candidate, or none at all?

To be honest, at this point I see myself opting to vote for Trump. @Bhim Count me in buddy.....

I can't even entertain any of the other options. 

On 3/24/2020 at 7:07 PM, Joshpantera said:

To be honest, at this point I see myself opting to vote for Trump. @Bhim Count me in buddy.....

I can't even entertain any of the other options. 

What draws you to him, and what turns you away from Biden? (I do not want to start a debate. Just curious as to what concerns folks have and why they make the decisions they do.)

43 minutes ago, older said:

What draws you to him, and what turns you away from Biden? (I do not want to start a debate. Just curious as to what concerns folks have and why they make the decisions they do.)

I see Biden as less fit to lead, basically. I kind of like having a non-career politician as president. That's why I was eyeing Andrew Yang as a dem potential. Same general thing but coming from the left with libertarian interests included in his appeal.

But the DNC is a train wreck and doesn't seem to understand the first thing about who to run against Trump if they want half a chance in the up coming election. That's where I'm at with it. 

In another 4 years I'll revisit my opinion. 

Thanks for the response, Josh. I'm not that impressed with the DNC either but I think I'm forced to go with Biden. I'm concerned that he's showing the effects of age. But to me, a career politician knows, or should know, how to work the system to get things done. Too many important people have said that Trump has made a mess of things, including some of those who worked for and with him. I did like what little I heard from Yang. 

At this point with the virus running through politicians, celebs, and musicians, Sanders, Biden, and Pelosi could potentially get it. As could Trump or any of them. This is a real curve ball. It's almost as if we have to stand by and see who's alive come election time......

Right now I think I'd vote for Cuomo. He's no Mr. Rogers but he knows how to play hardball and get things done.

And he's not at an age where the stress and magnitude of being president is as pressing a concern as I think it would be with Sanders and Biden. They'd have to endure an absolute shit storm of constant attack from conservatives after everything that's happened recently. Eager to pay back liberals 10 fold for what has happened with Trump. Any skeleton's in any closets being laid bare. Impeachment trials from the outset, I'm sure. The stage has been set for a savage pay back when the next liberal president takes office. Whether that's now or in another 4 years. The natives are restless. 

Maybe Cuomo would be better suited to go into this fight. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.