Goodbye Jesus

Let's discuss Christians blaming gays for coronavirus

LeiaBryant

One of my favorite YouTubers just made this video and I wanted to share it with you all. 

https://youtu.be/wajEe8QRqFQ

• Like 1

Only listened to the first minute as...

1. This was inevitable.
  2. Not really interested in bashing xitans.
  3. I always respond to those who spew this kind of crap with "Those who outwardly bash homosexuals are likely hiding their own unconventional private lives or are trying to live up to what is expected of them from their circle of funnymentalist friends/pastors/ etc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Leia, if I'm being honest, I'm concerned about how much the hateful environment in which you were submerged might have affected you.  I'd caution against allowing their hatred of others become your hatred of them.  Anger has its place in life, and certainly in the deconversion process; but either we master and use it for good, or it masters and uses us, for results that may be less than good.

Well I am pissed off, between my former sect and a biological mother medical diagnosied with narcissistic personality disorder I have taken all the shit I am going to take in a lifetime and I am not taking any more. FUCK people who blame the LGBT+ community for their problems. I am trying to focus my anger on the bastards that deserve it.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, LeiaBryant said:

Well I am pissed off, between my former sect and a biological mother medical diagnosied with narcissistic personality disorder I have taken all the shit I am going to take in a lifetime and I am not taking any more. FUCK people who blame the LGBT+ community for their problems. I am trying to focus my anger on the bastards that deserve it.

As I said, anger has its place.   And well placed, well used anger can be a powerful weapon for the cause of good and right.  Notice the distinction, though, between anger and hatred.  You obviously came from a hateful cult, led by obvious hate-mongers.  Would you become one yourself, in your struggle against them?  That is where my note if caution lies.

• Like 2

I have to agree with TRP. I found out firsthand how hatred and a lust for revenge can destroy a person, Once you are consumed by hatred of an enemy you yourself become your own worst enemy.

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Don't give in to your hatred Leia, It will destroy you. You are so much better than that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

As I said, anger has its place.   And well placed, well used anger can be a powerful weapon for the cause of good and right.  Notice the distinction, though, between anger and hatred.  You obviously came from a hateful cult, led by obvious hate-mongers.  Would you become one yourself, in your struggle against them?  That is where my note if caution lies.

Please define the difference between anger and hate. Different people have different opinions on the way to define that. Based on how you define it,I can better understand your point of view.

5 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

My sympathies. Anger at this point in time is very natural. I haven't read your extimony - do you have one on here? 

I was angry for a good long while after I left my cult. That anger is mostly pity now for those still in it. You need to process those emotions - you are allowed to do so. Yes good points have been made here about not letting anger rule your life, but in the deconversion process (and in dealing with and coming to terms with narcissists) it's a natural part of it. 

I recommend reading Marlene Winell's work (Leaving the Fold) while going through this process - it sheds a lot of light on the psychological process, and understanding and healing yourself. It was very helpful for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

My sympathies. Anger at this point in time is very natural. I haven't read your extimony - do you have one on here? 

I was angry for a good long while after I left my cult. That anger is mostly pity now for those still in it. You need to process those emotions - you are allowed to do so. Yes good points have been made here about not letting anger rule your life, but in the deconversion process (and in dealing with and coming to terms with narcissists) it's a natural part of it. 

I recommend reading Marlene Winell's work (Leaving the Fold) while going through this process - it sheds a lot of light on the psychological process, and understanding and healing yourself. It was very helpful for me. 

I haven't made a ex-christian testimony yet I will eventually , I need time to think about the best way to describe it .What is your former cult? 

• Like 1

Don't be afraid to do a lot of crying honey because it helps dissipate the hate and anger. I was very angry for a long time. It's called grief. Don't be afraid of it. You are probably a gentle person who is angry at yourself because we got duped and brainwashed by the lie of the christian doctrine.

Today, a very good acquaintance of mine (who runs the corner store and I know him fairly well) told me that this virus was here because Jesus is sending a clear message for people to go back to church. If I didn't like him so much, I could have punched his face in. I guess I still need counselling. Lol It really does make you do the biggest eye roll....🙄

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Margee said:

Don't be afraid to do a lot of crying honey because it help dissipate the hate and anger. I was very angry for a long time. It's called grief. Don't be afraid of it. You are probably a gentle person who is angry at yourself because we got duped and brainwashed by the lie of the christian doctrine.

Today, a very good acquaintance of mine (who runs the corner store and I know him fairly well) told me that this virus was here because Jesus is sending a clear message for people to go back to church. If I didn't like him so much, I could have punched his face in. I guess I still need counselling. Lol It really does make you do the biggest eye roll....🙄

I will try to let some of it out with tears but my anger doesn't disapate at the rate most other people do.  I am talking to a therapist regularly because I have a lot of emotional baggage. One more thing I am on the high functioning end of the autism spectrum (Asperger's syndrome).

48 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

I haven't made a ex-christian testimony yet I will eventually , I need time to think about the best way to describe it .What is your former cult? 

I was a conservative Laestadian Lutheran (there are several different sects of Laestadianism, these ones call themselves Lutherans but they are far from it).

Edit: interview with Ed Suominen, whose book was incredibly useful and devonverted me 

• Like 1

Maybe this will help? 

Sometimes I have to remind myself that, "except for the chance of birth, there go I".   Under the same conditions, we might be just like the people we can't stand.

Sometimes the difference is a play on words, but in general, 

Anger is a normal human emotion.  Hate is an attitude.  (My definitions---not from dictionary)  And hate is often correlated with revenge, which can put the hater on the same level as the hated.  

Anger doesn't hurt anyone, and expressing it is healthy.  But hate can get out of control.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Maybe this will help? 

Sometimes I have to remind myself that, "except for the chance of birth, there go I".   Under the same conditions, we might be just like the people we can't stand.

Sometimes the difference is a play on words, but in general, 

Anger is a normal human emotion.  Hate is an attitude.  (My definitions---not from dictionary)  And hate is often correlated with revenge, which can put the hater on the same level as the hated.  

Anger doesn't hurt anyone, and expressing it is healthy.  But hate can get out of control.

I don't hate people but I do hate certain ideas. I only have a most anger toward a person but never hate. I don't think there is a limit to how much I can hate a idea. 

• Like 1

Why is homosexuality an abomination according to BibleGod? There is no legitimate reason for that. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Why is homosexuality an abomination according to BibleGod? There is no legitimate reason for that. 

😁 because the lifestyle does not produce more children to be brainwashed into being submissive slaves, and eventually putting money into the church treasury??

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, midniterider said:

The reason homosexuality is mentioned in the Bible is because it was written by humans and humans are not infallible. It is a natural response to be uncomfortable with unconventional sexual practices and encounters so, naturally, displeasure of it found it's way into the Bible. 

It is also possible that some influences of the time sought to hide their own proclivities by outwardly condemning such practices.

That said I ,personally, have only found one example in the Bible regarding homosexuality and, you know the partial phrase - "...and men who lye with men..." . So, the reason for all of the focus on it in xtian churches may have something to do with my second point above.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
8 hours ago, MOHO said:

you know the partial phrase - "...and men who lye with men..." .

That was a mistranslation.  god meant that men shouldn't lie to other men the way they lie to their women.  It was the old testament version of "Bros before Hoes."  😆

• Haha 6

Well  maybe homosexuality is targeted , I think, because it is also a big media event/ trend right now. So it is a visible obvious target. If drugs were bigger they would have blamed drugs or conversion to Islam, etc. The whole gay marriage permit in the US a recent event, sore event for many xtians. So big, obvious, easy target. It seems logical they would take a shot.

• Like 1

Children that behave like girls, when they are boys behave this way because of a genetical trait.

A true and good God, regardless of any religion, will not kill old straight people as to blame homosexuals.

I don't believe science will seriously look in this (homosexuality).

Before birth, the sex part becomes male or female after some time.

But viruses are milion years old, so God kill trough viruses in a 7000 year old planet (which is not) doesen't make any sense.

And we are not made in a God image, as God should be homosexal too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I don't think that we should lose our anger towards these Bible bashing, hateful, ignorant idiots. For a start why would a loving god send a virus because of gays and then mostly kill innocent Doctors, Nurses and important key workers such as Pharmacists and supermarket employess. That just shows 2 things 1) Either these church leaders are completely wrong..... or 2) Their god is an evil, sadistic pig that kills innocent people in a horrible way.......or 3) HE DOESN'T EXIST

These people deserve the MAXIMUM criticism for their views. Why? Because their views affect innocent children that may be being brought up in their environment, these people have no choice but to listen to this hatred, and it's done by force of brainwashing and indoctrination (child abuse).

Luckily I live in a country where religion is pretty much dead and dying. Hopefully the US will catch up soon. I was forced as a child to attend everything Bible related, my parents were totally obsessed with that horrible book. We need to section out these idiots to protect the vulnerable ones in society as not everyone is lucky enough to escape the clutches of these awful, hatefull muck spreaders that use a prehistoric, evil book (without a shred of evidence to back up their claims) to pump their idea of god onto to anyone that they can force it upon, namely the vulnerable in society.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A virus is the style of the Old Testament God? I thought this was -

download.jpeg