Goodbye Jesus

Signs you are being drawn to witchcraft

LeiaBryant

I found a YouTube video that list signs of being drawn to the practice of witchcraft.

There are lots of similar videos like this but this is my favorite. I fit all but one of these. So is anyone else here drawn to witchcraft?

I was quite interested in witchcraft, but then took a left turn at chaos magic. I'm more into the magic aspect than the nature aspect but I like pagans and they seem a bit more normal than chaos mages on chaos web forums. But I prefer to call myself a pagan because I identify with these types of magical people. :)

• Like 2

When I first deconverted, I felt very at home in the witchcraft section of my local crystal shop. As in, it feels like mom is hugging me. I did spend some time looking into it, but I think that I resonate more with the natural/nature side than any spell-craft. The cycles of life, biological and whatever. I took courses in Reiki and psychic development. Some folks in the Reiki class said that they could feel me from across the room directing energy at them. I never felt anything either from myself or others, so gradually lost interest, though I've tried it a few times since. 

I know a handful of wise-women who live in the country and make balms and potions from plants. Sweet people, and they don't seem excessively superstitious. 

• Like 1

The only one of those that doesn't apply to me is always having a craft topic to discuss. I am just to lazy to do a lot of crafts.

• Haha 1

I have no artistic ability nor crafting ability. And I think having some really nice magic tools and decorations would be quite helpful to enhance my magic life. It certainly would make ritual better. Probably need to spend a few dollars on that this year. 

7 hours ago, midniterider said:

I have no artistic ability nor crafting ability. And I think having some really nice magic tools and decorations would be quite helpful to enhance my magic life. It certainly would make ritual better. Probably need to spend a few dollars on that this year. 

In my collection I have a lovely dagger that I acquired at a hunting/fishing store, of all places -- no modifications required.  Over the years, though, most of my magical stuff has been homemade.

A good way to make things like pentacles is to get a craft knife and some masking tape, and stencil a design onto a ready-made disk of wood from a craft store.  The layout is geometrical rather than free-hand art (72° between points of the star = 360°), so that's one of the easier things to make.

Still procrastinating on a wand that I've wanted to make out of a piece of ebony I bought over 20 years ago...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astreja said:

In my collection I have a lovely dagger that I acquired at a hunting/fishing store, of all places -- no modifications required.  Over the years, though, most of my magical stuff has been homemade.

A good way to make things like pentacles is to get a craft knife and some masking tape, and stencil a design onto a ready-made disk of wood from a craft store.  The layout is geometrical rather than free-hand art (72° between points of the star = 360°), so that's one of the easier things to make.

Still procrastinating on a wand that I've wanted to make out of a piece of ebony I bought over 20 years ago...

Oh cool. I've read that having your own homemade stuff is 'better' in certain ways than store bought, but mine always looks like crap. lol Thanks for the info on the pentacle. I have a stick that 'called out' to me... at least more than the other sticks in the area so I wrapped some suede fringe around it for a handle and then threw it in my box of magic stuff. I really ought to get off the computer and go out and commune with nature a bit. Maybe draw some sigils in the dirt, make rocks into sigil shapes (I'm very sigil oriented). I found a nice metal cup at a 2nd hand store....2nd hand stores seem great for picking up neato stuff. 

I wouldnt mind having some large runes or some large tiles, or lettered tiles for spellcraft. Hope you get that wand made. Take care.

• Like 2

In a sense, my motorcycle is magic.  When I ride it, I feel 50 years younger!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Weezer said:

In a sense, my motorcycle is magic.  When I ride it, I feel 50 years younger!

And you're drawn to magic.....

4 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

And you're drawn to magic.....

👍👍

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.