Goodbye Jesus

What is women role in society according to Christianity?

LeiaBryant

This is the kind of bullshit I grew up hearing: 

I want to know what the rest of you think of what the Bible commands women to be. (Specifically things that don't apply to men)

• Super Moderator

Christianity, as currently practiced, goes from keeping women silent to taking the pulpit. The Bible authors take somewhat differing views on women in particular between the old and new testaments. The general overriding thrust we see in the Bible is that we are ALL, both women and men, unworthy worms permitted to exist by the grace of god and are forever in his debt and required to obey. Focusing on one aspect of this insanity seems a bit too narrow and misses the main point by filtering everything through feminist glasses. Nobody gets a good deal from any Abrahamic theology.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, florduh said:

Christianity, as currently practiced, goes from keeping women silent to taking the pulpit. The Bible authors take somewhat differing views on women in particular between the old and new testaments. The general overriding thrust we see in the Bible is that we are ALL, both women and men, unworthy worms permitted to exist by the grace of god and are forever in his debt and required to obey. Focusing on one aspect of this insanity seems a bit too narrow and misses the main point by filtering everything through feminist glasses. Nobody gets a good deal from any Abrahamic theology.

Maybe in your former sect but in the NIFB men have all the power. The preacher at the top of each churches social hierarchy seem to have a good deal.

• Super Moderator
31 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

Maybe in your former sect but in the NIFB men have all the power. The preacher at the top of each churches social hierarchy seem to have a good deal.

As I said, different sects have different rules even though claiming to be based on the same book of bullshit. And again, that book of ancient writings has no respect for anyone at all, male or female. But Christianity as a popular religion has something for everyone's taste regardless of The Book. My great grandmother was a preacher in a Christian church. Some Christian women think male dominance is just fine, as do many Muslim women. Others don't like it and get out. I can't see any benefit from maintaining an obsession about one aspect of a religion that is harmful to everyone at its most basic foundations. Supporting feminism in the secular world seems more useful than tilting at religious windmills.

• Thanks 1

@LeiaBryant,

One could argue, very easily, that Christianity in it's classic form, views women as subservient to men.

You have left the man-made doctrine behind as have many others.

• Like 1

Guest freedwoman

To shut up. To find a husband. Put up with his abuse. Bear many children. Suck it or suffer. Blindly obey. Be her husbands puppet. Stay in the kitchen barefoot, pregnant, and chained. Unless she has to clean the rest of the house. Never have her own thoughts. Never sin by rebelling. Nothing about women in the Bible let's her be free from serving her husband. Sorry. She is just there to be his sex slave and baby grower, servant, and punching bag. But hey most women probably dream about that. Most women are 50 Shades Of Grey types. Makes me sick. Plus I hated those movies. Can't feel sorry for the maledom fetish women. But I do feel sorry for the poor women who hate that and fear Hell for disobeying. 

Guest freedwoman
Just now, freedwoman said:

To shut up. To find a husband. Put up with his abuse. Bear many children. Suck it or suffer. Blindly obey. Be her husbands puppet. Stay in the kitchen barefoot, pregnant, and chained. Unless she has to clean the rest of the house. Never have her own thoughts. Never sin by rebelling. Nothing about women in the Bible let's her be free from serving her husband. Sorry. She is just there to be his sex slave and baby grower, servant, and punching bag. But hey most women probably dream about that. Most women are 50 Shades Of Grey types. Makes me sick. Plus I hated those movies. Can't feel sorry for the maledom fetish women. But I do feel sorry for the poor women who hate that and fear Hell for disobeying. 

Sorry if this offends some women. But He'll it's true. I'm right aren't I? Stupid women like the bad guys don't they? 

1 hour ago, freedwoman said:

... and Christianity is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo different that the Islamic faiths. :Doh:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Sorry if this offends some women. But He'll it's true. I'm right aren't I? Stupid women like the bad guys don't they? 

Please don't kink shame women who are into maledom it isn't my kink but I understand them well enough that it is not how you think it is. 50 shades of grey wasn't the best depiction of BDSM . EDIT: also bad boys aren't my thing bad girls are. I'm bisexual. Some of us just want to have have relationships with people who we know would piss off are parents. Then you get attached to one of them and yeah .that's what that is about from my point of view.

6 hours ago, MOHO said:

@LeiaBryant,

One could argue, very easily, that Christianity in it's classic form, views women as subservient to men.

You have left the man-made doctrine behind as have many others.

I agree I am supposed to be a slave from their point of view

7 hours ago, florduh said:

As I said, different sects have different rules even though claiming to be based on the same book of bullshit. And again, that book of ancient writings has no respect for anyone at all, male or female. But Christianity as a popular religion has something for everyone's taste regardless of The Book. My great grandmother was a preacher in a Christian church. Some Christian women think male dominance is just fine, as do many Muslim women. Others don't like it and get out. I can't see any benefit from maintaining an obsession about one aspect of a religion that is harmful to everyone at its most basic foundations. Supporting feminism in the secular world seems more useful than tilting at religious windmills.

The secular world almost treats us as equals , the worst sexism I have ever encountered was at the hands of Christianity. I am focused on fighting patriarchal religions because it is a cause I am passionate about.

Guest freedwoman
2 hours ago, MOHO said:

... and Christianity is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo different that the Islamic faiths. :Doh:

Islam is the worst. Mohammad was a pedophile. 

On 3/27/2020 at 6:41 PM, freedwoman said:

I'll use a Quran as my monthly period care products.

Lol🤣

On 3/27/2020 at 6:41 PM, freedwoman said:

I'll use a Quran as my monthly period care products.

I'm glad I didn't burn my bible, I may need it when the toilet paper runs out!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 6:40 PM, freedwoman said:

Islam is the worst. Mohammad was a pedophile. 

Do you know a link I can cite for the pedophile Mohammed thing?

Guest freedwoman
35 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

Do you know a link I can cite for the pedophile Mohammed thing?

"The Age of Aisha: Rejecting Historical Revisionism and Modernist Presumptions" https://yaqeeninstitute.org/faraz-malik/the-age-of-aisha-ra-rejecting-historical-revisionism-and-modernist-presumptions/

"At what age Aisha marry Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)? - IslamiCity" https://www.islamicity.org/3390/at-what-age-aisha-marry-prophet-muhammad-pbuh/

"Surah An-Nisa [4] - Al-Qur'an al-Kareem - القرآن الكريم" https://quran.com/4

There are so many more links too. Sorry I can't post them all for you. Warning. They are all a very long read. I can't figure out how to get just the ones I need. I apologize.

Guest freedwoman
3 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Thanks

You're welcome. After I left Christianity behind I considered Islam. I researched the Quran and talked with Muslim leaders. That was almost 9 years ago. There used to be a site called Quran.com I'd get answers from. It no longer exists. Seems like Muslims are becoming cowards. There is a verse in the dirty Quran that tells Muslim men to marry young girls if they can't find believing women! Because children are easier to indoctrinate than adults. Those Islamic cowards sure took that down. I'm gonna have to buy a Quran myself to know all the horrid things it says. Least Christianity is the lesser of the two evils. I respect Jesus Christ a hell of a lot more than muhammad. 🤮🤮🤮😠😠😠