Goodbye Jesus

How will Christians spin the fact they they will not be able to gather on Easter Sunday?

Insightful

Guest freedwoman
2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Yes, that's quite a pickle.  😉

Women do need men. I just don't know why they hate to admit it? Men need women too. I don't know why men hate admitting that?  I'm not a misogynist or anything. But facts are facts. Men invented and built almost everything. Even the technology these broads use to hate and bash them. It's ironic. It's funny. I laugh when they attack me for giving them those facts. 

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, freedwoman said:

No. You need a man to live your life. You wouldn't have anything you take for granted if it wasn't for men. You live in a house made by men. You use products electronics and such invented by men. You don't have to worry about dying or getting maimed in war because men do it. You sit here all cozy and comfy being a feminazi while men do all the hard work. The dangerous work. Even the dirty work. You wouldn't even be able to vote, work, or anything if men didn't let you. I bet when ever you move your movers are men. Your mechanics are men. The technology you are using to hate on men was indeed invented by a man. If you punched a man in the face and he hit you back you would cry victim and get other men to avenge and protect you. Even the best chess players are men. You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your father too. If you want to hate on men go live in a mud hut and stop using everything you have because men made it. If a woman punches a man he has every right to knock her out. You crazy feminazies no wonder the MGTOW movement exists. Lemme ask you. Who asks for a date you or the man? Who pays for your dates? Have you ever hit a man and been hit back and he got in trouble for defending himself? You wouldn't survive one day walking in a man's shoes. Face it. Us women need men. And men need us women too!

Whoever you are freedwoman you are posting mostly worthless junk here. Look up faulty generalization and then realize that using a technique like this to advance a point of view is just a waste of everyone's time. Also do some fact checking before making inflammatory statements that are potentially incorrect. If you actually have some good point to make then make that point without all the worthless fillers.

But they don't do that anymore.

If you talk to some from the LGBT community in the Bible Belt, I think you'll find that they still face persecution. 

Guest freedwoman
11 minutes ago, DanForsman said:

Whoever you are freedwoman you are posting mostly worthless junk here. Look up faulty generalization and then realize that using a technique like this to advance a point of view is just a waste of everyone's time. Also do some fact checking before making inflammatory statements that are potentially incorrect. If you actually have some good point to make then make that point without all the worthless fillers.

I'm just some woman who knows what she's talking about. It is a fact that it was mostly men who invented and built the world. Men are the ones always expected to go fight and die in wars. Men are expected to protect and die for the family. Men are often unfairly demonized. Most suicides are committed by men because they can't freely express themselves. Labor jobs are filled with mostly men. I'm not hating on women either. I acknowledge the fact that there are some really intelligent, strong, brave, hard working, capable women. I respect them. But no matter what facts are facts. The fact is that it was mostly men who invented and build the world. Peace brother. 

Guest freedwoman
2 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

If you talk to some from the LGBT community in the Bible Belt, I think you'll find that they still face persecution. 

Well you have a point there. But the LGBTQA community are getting more rights these days.

Just now, freedwoman said:

Well you have a point there. But the LGBTQA community are getting more rights these days.

Yes, I agree that they definitely fare better on average than they did in previous generations here in the US. I was simply disagreeing with the notion that they don't face any persecution anymore, but it looks like you're agreeable on that.

2 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

I'm just some woman who knows what she's talking about. It is a fact that it was mostly men who invented and built the world. Men are the ones always expected to go fight and die in wars. Men are expected to protect and die for the family. Men are often unfairly demonized. Most suicides are committed by men because they can't freely express themselves. Labor jobs are filled with mostly men. I'm not hating on women either. I acknowledge the fact that there are some really intelligent, strong, brave, hard working, capable women. I respect them. But no matter what facts are facts. The fact is that it was mostly men who invented and build the world. Peace brother. 

I agree with you, but when women are considered chattels (property), or in more modern times, (Like in the last few centuries of rapid industrialization) are expected to stay at home and sew that would ipso facto skew the world to being built by men wouldn't it?

Women couldn't invent things because it was forbidden for them to for... most of our history??? Women were forbidden from attending universities until a relatively short time ago. Of course men built the world, because the entire society was skewed towards men doing stuff while women stayed home and were baby factories.

Not taking away from the great things men have achieved, but what would the world look like had we had a truly equal society from the get go? Different I'd wager, with a lot more contribution coming from women. 

• Like 2

Guest freedwoman
53 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I agree with you, but when women are considered chattels (property), or in more modern times, (Like in the last few centuries of rapid industrialization) are expected to stay at home and sew that would ipso facto skew the world to being built by men wouldn't it?

Women couldn't invent things because it was forbidden for them to for... most of our history??? Women were forbidden from attending universities until a relatively short time ago. Of course men built the world, because the entire society was skewed towards men doing stuff while women stayed home and were baby factories.

Not taking away from the great things men have achieved, but what would the world look like had we had a truly equal society from the get go? Different I'd wager, with a lot more contribution coming from women. 

I see. I in no way think women should be forced  to know their place by and under men. Women deserve just as much respect and rights as men. It is not my place to stay home, cooking, cleaning, and always being pregnant. Nor should it be other womens place. Her place is where she wants to be. Not were men tell her she should be. I am not a submissive woman by any means. I have respect for admirable women. I've even been in love with some women. The wealthiest most successful people in my family are women. Women are breaking male records. Even in fighting sports. Like in Military Combatives, PFC Jennifer Jones. I'm definitely not a mysoginist. But people accuse me of being one. To be honest I hate mysoginist men with a passion. But that doesn't make misandry and man abuse and violence against men the answer. Nor is it okay. Women and men should be equal partners and friends. Not enemies and rivals.

In the early to mid sixties I attended high school in a geographically pretty little town in Alabama. Students there sometimes passed around typed sheets of paper with arguments like yours listed one after another supposedly indicating that black people unassisted were not capable of greater achievements than hollowing out felled trees to create crude canoes regardless of how many centuries they were given to do more. Many faulty generalizations like yours were used. But to the point if women aren't capable of physical work then are you saying if men weren't there to do hard work women would either try and fail or just die rather than even try? I'm not going to follow up but since you can't be bothered with fact checking I'll give you a little present here:

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/10/09/almost-800-women-are-serving-in-previously-closed-army-combat-jobs-this-is-how-theyre-faring/

Of course women have been combatants in other countries for hundreds of years as you can see for yourself here:

https://www.npr.org/sections/pictureshow/2013/01/25/170177873/a-brief-history-of-women-in-combat

You may well be a woman as you say above but many of your comments make me wonder.

Guest freedwoman
3 minutes ago, DanForsman said:

In the early to mid sixties I attended high school in a geographically pretty little town in Alabama. Students there sometimes passed around typed sheets of paper with arguments like yours listed one after another supposedly indicating that black people unassisted were not capable of greater achievements than hollowing out felled trees to create crude canoes regardless of how many centuries they were given to do more. Many faulty generalizations like yours were used. But to the point if women aren't capable of physical work then are you saying if men weren't there to do hard work women would either try and fail or just die rather than even try? I'm not going to follow up but since you can't be bothered with fact checking I'll give you a little present here:

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/10/09/almost-800-women-are-serving-in-previously-closed-army-combat-jobs-this-is-how-theyre-faring/

Of course women have been combatants in other countries for hundreds of years as you can see for yourself here:

https://www.npr.org/sections/pictureshow/2013/01/25/170177873/a-brief-history-of-women-in-combat

You may well be a woman as you say above but many of your comments make me wonder.

I  am a woman. A psychologically androgynous one. How do you expect me to prove it to you? Sorry to say this but your average woman would die without men. Your average women. Not super strong women. I don't know why it's taboo to acknowledge the biological fact that men are physically stronger than women? Even you have to admit you know you are stronger than almost all women? Women are slowly catching up to men in intelligence too. Even I have beaten some men at mental and physical challenges. 

Hmm folks we might be getting this thread a touch off subject? (And interesting as this Women vs Men subject is) There is a lot happening in the US regarding the subject title we could talk about:

• Thanks 1

Back to the o.p.: The news today reported that a small rural church near here held Easter services with the doors locked and the cars parked out of sight in the back. The sheriff found out anyway and put the word on the pastor who has said he will now follow the guidelines. I'd like to have heard exactly what the sheriff said. (The sheriff, BTW, is a good ol' boy who wears a big mustache and a cowboy hat. When he speaks, you listen.)

• Like 1

Yes I am sorry about that. I didn't mean to take over the O.Ps. thread. I'm out. 

Freedwoman, it seems you have an occasional need to lash out at the world.  Is there something that triggers this?  Or enables it to happen?  Come back when you get your feet back on the ground.  I can't speak for everyone, but many of us will hang with you. 

9 minutes ago, older said:

Back to the o.p.: The news today reported that a small rural church near here held Easter services with the doors locked and the cars parked out of sight in the back. The sheriff found out anyway and put the word on the pastor who has said he will now follow the guidelines. I'd like to have heard exactly what the sheriff said. (The sheriff, BTW, is a good ol' boy who wears a big mustache and a cowboy hat. When he speaks, you listen.)

I heard of one place that told people they wouldn't violate their right to worship, and allowed church gatherings, but told people that when they got back home, they would be quarantined there for 2 weeks.  LOL, haven't heard how that turned out.

18 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Freedwoman, it seems you have an occasional need to lash out at the world.  Is there something that triggers this?  Or enables it to happen?  Come back when you get your feet back on the ground.  I can't speak for everyone, but many of us will hang with you. 

Totally, if someone wants to start a thread - say in 'rants and replies', to hash out whatever I encourage them to do that.

I just became mindful as I was posting earlier that we were about to swamp  two different threads with competently unrelated topics that were in themselves related. (Men vs women in society and feminism)

• Thanks 1

Guest freedwoman
47 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I'll send you a PM. 

A story in today's news reports that a pastor who refused to stop his in-person worship has died from the virus.

A Virginia pastor who defied warnings about the danger of religious gatherings during the pandemic and vowed to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital” died over the weekend after contracting Covid-19, his church said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/us/bishop-gerald-glenn-coronavirus.html

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, older said:

A story in today's news reports that a pastor who refused to stop his in-person worship has died from the virus.

A Virginia pastor who defied warnings about the danger of religious gatherings during the pandemic and vowed to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital” died over the weekend after contracting Covid-19, his church said.

Did God take a loyal servant home, did Satan strike him down, or did Darwin hand out another award?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, older said:

Wow - that's crazy.  I wish his ignorant defiance didn't cost him his life... Hopefully others will observe and learn, though, sadly, probably not.  Thx for passing that along.

• Super Moderator

I live in the Richmond VA area.    His wife tested positive also.   I can hardly wait to find out how many people from his church get sick and spread it to who-knows-how many others.   Just about when the curve was flattening here too.  Almost all of the new cases in the past few days had stemmed from nursing/retirement homes.   I guess that will be changing over the next couple of weeks. 😠

• Sad 1

On 4/9/2020 at 2:41 PM, freedwoman said:

You are the man of the house. Even though you are not a believer your wife still must obey you. Just make her stay home. She's sinning if she tells you no. Give her this Bible verse. Tell her you're the boss.

"1 Peter 3:1 Wives, in the same way, submit yourselves to your husbands, so that even if they refuse to believe the word, they will be won over without words by the behavior of their wives" https://biblehub.com/1_peter/3-1.htm

Hey @freedwoman,

Thanx for the advise and don't think I don't ponder the options of using scripture. It's just that I'm not the manipulating kind which, come to think about it, explains part of  why I have problems with xanity and religions in general. Also I would never attempt to prevent anyone from doing something they want/need to do. If it negatively impacts me I'll have to make a judgement call and decide if the relationship is worth the risk and potential heartache.

Guest freedwoman
1 hour ago, MOHO said:

Hey @freedwoman,

Thanx for the advise and don't think I don't ponder the options of using scripture. It's just that I'm not the manipulating kind which, come to think about it, explains part of  why I have problems with xanity and religions in general. Also I would never attempt to prevent anyone from doing something they want/need to do. If it negatively impacts me I'll have to make a judgement call and decide if the relationship is worth the risk and potential heartache.

I'm just hoping if you did exercise your "authority" over your wife that she would leave Christianity for good. 👍😉

Guest freedwoman
13 hours ago, older said:

Yeah. Okay God! 🙄🖕

"Psalm 91:7 Though a thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, no harm will come near you." https://biblehub.com/psalms/91-7.htm