Goodbye Jesus

My Story

SoulRebel95

On 4/6/2020 at 11:37 AM, MOHO said:

Welcome to Ex-C, @SoulRebel95.

Living with an authority figure (you are living in her house) is trying when that figure is hell-bent on ramming their superstitions down your throat. Sometimes you must do the unthinkable and play along with some of it until you are out on your own.

I am in a similar situation in my unequally youkedness and I understand how it can be. What really chaps my hide is when, and Mrs. MOHO is all about this, they spew their nonsense in a tone that suggest YOU are the ignorant, sinning, un-knowing little turd. They have authority over you because they are thumping their bible. This is also true of the asshats (I LOVE that vernacular) who are holding church services against quarantine orders and actually using that defiance to PROVE to their flock  that Jesus has their collective backs.

Back to you. Glad you found us and I hope we can provide some comfort and comradely during your tough time.

- MOHO (Mind Of His Own)

@MOHO I appreciate your reply. Yes, It can be very draining to hear her go on and on at times about what she believes but I yea I just have to hold on to what I know and hold my tongue as well so I do not cause to much conflict, as I have no where else to live right now so I just try to avoid too much contact as best as I can. 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 12:41 PM, LeiaBryant said:

Welcome to ex-christian.net , being the only "true" and "right" way to do things is a hallmark of a cult. I'm a ex-cult member (specifically ex-NIFB) I am glad you escaped. When I left I went searching for spirituality and found Wicca. I hope you find a path that is as fullfilling to you as witchcraft was for me. If I can do anything to assist on your spiritual journey don't be afraid to ask. I will answer any question I can.

@LeiaBryant Hello, thank you for your response and nice to connect with you. That is great that you found your path and feel fulfilled. Yes, I am still finding mine and seeing what I truly connect to. 

On 4/6/2020 at 9:21 PM, Weezer said:

WELCOME, SoulRebel !  I grew up in a mainline Church of Christ, and remember when the International group came along.  They were considered cults from the beginning by most of the mainline groups, but I remember a few members going off to join them.  I am glad you got out.

@Weezer Hello, oh interesting. Yes, to this day my grandmother is still a member and I will only go with her on mother's day due to her being up and age and It's just an hour so I feel I can manage to be in the environment for that long. Sometimes I have had to walk out especially one time when a young girl went on stage and said she was told to tell are her sins to someone. It's just mind blowing that all of those people think that is okay or the ones who don't think it is are just afraid to say anything. And they are quick to gossip and judge other churches. I will say some of the people are nice and kind but then there is just this other side to them that is just twisted.

22 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

After reading your opening post I did some research, I want to recommend my favorite YouTuber who made a video about the church of Christian .  

i recommend checking the rest of his content out. He is a ex-cult member (EX Jehovah's witness) and he does great work fighting cults.

@LeiaBryant Oh thanks so much!

22 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

Hi there. Hope you will be allright. Nothing really to add. Maybe, if you have not already, be careful with yoga and meditation.  Many founders of modern yoga movements were sexual abusers like the founder of hot yoga Bikhram . Matthew Remski has a book about the subject of cults in that area. And by the way traditional indian and eastern societies in general are quite sexist by western standards to the point of Thailand refusing to rekindle the tradition of buddhist nuns mandated by the Buddha himself.  Be careful in general, actually. I consider destructive groups to have the hallmark of reducing and blocking you. Like a school system where instead going from primary school to university you go from university to kindergarten and kept there on a loop. I added quite a lot actually!

@Myrkhoos Thank you for your response. Yes thanks for the reminder, Yea I have read up on a lot of those modern leaders and have learned about the sexist traditions. I think for me at this time, I try to just separate the good from the bad of every practice or philosophy and find what aspects work for me which doesn't. I have found the practice of yoga to really help with my mental stresses and overall body functions. There are aspects like the worship of Krishna that I do not partake in as I do not have a good understanding of Hinduism at this time and I just am not desiring to really worship anything anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulRebel95 said:

@Myrkhoos Thank you for your response. Yes thanks for the reminder, Yea I have read up on a lot of those modern leaders and have learned about the sexist traditions. I think for me at this time, I try to just separate the good from the bad of every practice or philosophy and find what aspects work for me which doesn't. I have found the practice of yoga to really help with my mental stresses and overall body functions. There are aspects like the worship of Krishna that I do not partake in as I do not have a good understanding of Hinduism at this time and I just am not desiring to really worship anything anymore. 

Well that just might be the stretching. :)) I thoroughly enjoy moderate stretching exercise. I don t do it very often but I enjoy doing it. I had this sensation that a lot of modern christianity kind of disconnects you from the body so mindful exercise in general helps. There is a podcast by Rachel Bernstein and there was an episode with ICoC. Stacey aviva flint was the guest from what I remember.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:39 AM, LeiaBryant said:

After reading your opening post I did some research, I want to recommend my favorite YouTuber who made a video about the church of Christian .  

i recommend checking the rest of his content out. He is a ex-cult member (EX Jehovah's witness) and he does great work fighting cults.

And he's not even talking about the International Churches of Christ. The ICoC came out of what was called the Boston Movement, and people in "normal" Churches of Christ considered the Boston Movement to be a cult.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2020 at 4:49 PM, Lerk said:

And he's not even talking about the International Churches of Christ. The ICoC came out of what was called the Boston Movement, and people in "normal" Churches of Christ considered the Boston Movement to be a cult.

“Normal Churches of Christ?”  I think that’s an oxymoron! :yelrotflmao: There isn’t much that’s normal about the Church of Christ. :fun:

• Haha 2

Hi and welcome, SoulRebel95...glad you got out of the cult :)