Goodbye Jesus

The Junction Point of Christian Bollocks

AntiChrist

Not really a rant, but I wasn't sure where to post this.

Purely observational based. I can really see Christianity collapsing after science kick's this virus arse.

People might just wake up and realise that Jesus counts for nothing, that all in all Christian beliefs of an all powerful supernatural loving father did not match up to reality in the end.

• Super Moderator

Perhaps we'll succeed where they failed in 1919.  I doubt it, though.

• Super Moderator

Welcome, AC!

I think we know how Christianity works; whatever happens or doesn't happen for whatever reason, all the credit and none of the blame goes to god. I mean, stories about a house burning down and killing three people yet the Bible remained untouched by the flames is considered a miracle.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Perhaps we'll succeed where they failed in 1919.  I doubt it, though.

What happened in 1919?

1 hour ago, florduh said:

Welcome, AC!

I think we know how Christianity works; whatever happens or doesn't happen for whatever reason, all the credit and none of the blame goes to god. I mean, stories about a house burning down and killing three people yet the Bible remained untouched by the flames is considered a miracle.

That just says it all.

On 4/9/2020 at 7:59 PM, AntiChrist said:

What happened in 1919?

The 'Spanish' Influenza outbreak.

4 hours ago, Stamps1962 said:

The 'Spanish' Influenza outbreak.

I see.

On 4/9/2020 at 4:12 PM, florduh said:

Welcome, AC!

This is why I agree this pandemic will have very little impact on Christianity. There will be some individuals who will have “aha” moments from this, but I doubt this will lead to any great exodus. I’ve seen a lot of “this is god’s judgement” and people digging their heals in. If I were still a True Believer I’d have the audacity to be one of the jerks using this as proof of god’s judgement. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2

Most of the Christians around here are saying "god is sending a message to mankind" or some other similar bullsh!t. The cult won't be affected here.

The ones that say that it's god's judgement are crazy fools. They'll claim is because of sin, gays, you name it!! and it's god's JUSTICE. Well all you have to do now is show them just how evil their belief is because if god was JUST why is he killing key workers such as Doctors, Nurses, Care Workers and not killing celebrities, film stars, Footballers and of course the gay community...WHY?? because it's Bollocks and he doesn't even exist

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 4:45 PM, AntiChrist said:

Not really a rant, but I wasn't sure where to post this.

Purely observational based. I can really see Christianity collapsing after science kick's this virus arse.

People might just wake up and realise that Jesus counts for nothing, that all in all Christian beliefs of an all powerful supernatural loving father did not match up to reality in the end.

I am hopeful that a few people may come out of this coronavirus crisis with a much dimmer view of their religion than before. But I wouldn't count on a true "mass exodus" from Christianity (or any other faith, for that matter). Color me cynical!

• Like 3

Christians live in their own world. Facts, logic, reason, & science are irrelevant in their world. Their world is all about faith, trust, and obedience to the Word of God. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Geezer said:

Christians live in their own world. Facts, logic, reason, & science are irrelevant in their world. Their world is all about faith, trust, and obedience to the Word of God. 

I wouldn't think there's that many believer's out there who have accepted (Surrendered) to their beliefs. For the most, they just follow after those true believer's. I know of my own history in Christianity, I know that I never actually accept that Jesus was real. I came close many times to that sweet 'surrender" but my brain kept fighting the belief off like it would any foreign invader.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AntiChrist said:

I wouldn't think there's that many believer's out there who have accepted (Surrendered) to their beliefs. For the most, they just follow after those true believer's. I know of my own history in Christianity, I know that I never actually accept that Jesus was real. I came close many times to that sweet 'surrender" but my brain kept fighting the belief off like it would any foreign invader.

You were fortunate. I was a member of a religious cult aka the Church of Christ. They successfully brain washed me. I was a true believer...until I wasn’t. It took 27 years for me to overcome my brainwashing. 

3 hours ago, AntiChrist said:

Good for you! I was the same way, in my own weird fashion. I got baptized into the "Church of Christ" when I was ten or eleven, but the teachings never did take a hold on me. I read many other books with different perspectives, and was never convinced that the bible was the inerrant word of god. Fundamentalism had an influence on me, sure ; but I always maintained my skepticism. I'm very grateful that my mother always let me read widely. Many other parents did not let their children explore alternatives!

• Like 2

Nope.

No mass exodus.

Some, like Mrs. MOHO who are addicted to end-times videos linking current events including Covid-19 to the end-times, may be motivated to think a little more next time, however.

One can hope...

I don't know about you guys, but when this virus finally fades to obscurity, I'll personally be thanking Kenneth Copeland.

1 hour ago, disillusioned said:

I don't know about you guys, but when this virus finally fades to obscurity, I'll personally be thanking Kenneth Copeland.

Thankyou very much! You know, I can't unsee that now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, disillusioned said:

Seriously, I had to post again :)

What reality am I in?

• Haha 1

So these clips are from SNL, right?

(Yeah, I know they're not. but they sure could be. Perhaps SNL could bring him on from time to time.)