Goodbye Jesus

Persecuted/Tortured Christians

Guest freedwoman

Guest freedwoman

I feel deep concern and compassion for them. In other countries Christian's are being brutally tortured for Christ. Tortured For Christ. Foxes Book On Christian Martyrs. Plus seeing and reading stories on the news regarding Christian persecution. I can't believe Christian's here in America dare say they are being persecuted! Made fun of? Yes. Debated and heavily bombarded with questions? Yes. But in no way are they being persecuted. To have the nerve claim they are being persecuted is a spit in the face and an insult to true persecuted Christian's. It makes me so sick and so angry what those poor Christian sufferers go through.  All for a god that doesn't even exist. For a book written by abusive, oppressive, domineering men. To be honest being tortured for Christ doesn't do a thing to convince me he is God. Or that the Bible is the word of God and Christianity is the way. It does however go above and beyond to convince me how false it is. How fake that God is. Only a sick, evil, sadistic God would command his children to suffer and be tortured continuously, even to death. Only to send them to Hell to suffer for eternity for giving up so they don't have to suffer or watch their loved ones suffer. Those poor people have the fear of God so branded into their heads. Sheer fear. Terror of Hell. Theophobia to go through all that suffering. All while God does nothing to save them. Not even Christ suffered like that. 😠😠😠🤮🤮🤮

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
9 hours ago, freedwoman said:

I feel deep concern and compassion for them. In other countries Christian's are being brutally tortured for Christ. Tortured For Christ. Foxes Book On Christian Martyrs. Plus seeing and reading stories on the news regarding Christian persecution. I can't believe Christian's here in America dare say they are being persecuted! Made fun of? Yes. Debated and heavily bombarded with questions? Yes. But in no way are they being persecuted. To have the nerve claim they are being persecuted is a spit in the face and an insult to true persecuted Christian's. It makes me so sick and so angry what those poor Christian sufferers go through.  All for a god that doesn't even exist. For a book written by abusive, oppressive, domineering men. To be honest being tortured for Christ doesn't do a thing to convince me he is God. Or that the Bible is the word of God and Christianity is the way. It does however go above and beyond to convince me how false it is. How fake that God is. Only a sick, evil, sadistic God would command his children to suffer and be tortured continuously, even to death. Only to send them to Hell to suffer for eternity for giving up so they don't have to suffer or watch their loved ones suffer. Those poor people have the fear of God so branded into their heads. Sheer fear. Terror of Hell. Theophobia to go through all that suffering. All while God does nothing to save them. Not even Christ suffered like that. 😠😠😠🤮🤮🤮

A lot of American Christians have no sense of perspective. Sure, it is horrible when people are threatened with bodily harm just because they believe or don't believe something or another, and actual persecution is a reprehensible act. But someone saying that you're nuts for believing in the Bible / Koran?  No, that is just small potatoes, indeed.  Get a grip!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Sorry I don't understand the tone of your response?

Well, basically, I was trying to say that Christians here in America generally operate at such a level of privilege that the slightest little thing will make them cry "Persecution"! They don't really have a very good perspective of what real persecution is like.

Now, this would not apply to every Christian in the world, of course. People who are Christians in, say, majority-Muslim countries will sometimes face genuine persecution. I don't wish that on anyone, regardless of faith.

The sad thing is, some conservative Christians here in the "U. S. of A." actually expect to lambast everyone else with hellfire and condemnation, but simply cannot understand it when people respond to their threats with criticism of their faith. Muslims can do this, as well.  These are the people who I was telling to "Get a grip".

• Like 1

Guest freedwoman
2 minutes ago, Tsathoggua9 said:

Well, basically, I was trying to say that Christians here in America generally operate at such a level of privilege that the slightest little thing will make them cry "Persecution"! They don't really have a very good perspective of what real persecution is like.

Now, this would not apply to every Christian in the world, of course. People who are Christians in, say, majority-Muslim countries will sometimes face genuine persecution. I don't wish that on anyone, regardless of faith.

The sad thing is, some conservative Christians here in the "U. S. of A." actually expect to lambast everyone else with hellfire and condemnation, but simply cannot understand it when people respond to their threats with criticism of their faith. Muslims can do this, as well.  These are the people who I was telling to "Get a grip".

Oh okay. Sorry. Thanks for letting me know what you meant.

3 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Oh okay. Sorry. Thanks for letting me know what you meant.

No problem!

This has been posted here before but it's worth a rerun. Sorry it's not larger. Click on it for a larger version.

tumblr_lj9fqeEfry1qh1nx7o1_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1