Guest freedwoman

Atheist Men

Guest freedwoman

No man is more respectful and ideal than an Atheist man in my experience. Especially ones who went from Christian to Atheist. Christian men would always tell me what a vile sinful woman I am. How unnatural, masculine and Hellbound I am. Tell me to be quiet. Tell me what I can and can't do. Tell me to be a lady. Tell me my role if I got married. Tell me how gullible and weak I am. They would shame me. But I felt inferior to them because they are men. I feared God so I just took it. But after meeting Atheist men and talking with them, I have been shown so much respect. My opinions matter. My goals are important as any man's. I'm just as intelligent and capable. I'm valuable. I'm needed. I'm equal to a man regardless of physical differences. Thank you. I respect you too. 🤝👍💛🤗

Guest freedwoman
3 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

No man is more respectful and ideal than an Atheist man in my experience. Especially ones who went from Christian to Atheist. Christian men would always tell me what a vile sinful woman I am. How unnatural, masculine and Hellbound I am. Tell me to be quiet. Tell me what I can and can't do. Tell me to be a lady. Tell me my role if I got married. Tell me how gullible and weak I am. They would shame me. But I felt inferior to them because they are men. I feared God so I just took it. But after meeting Atheist men and talking with them, I have been shown so much respect. My opinions matter. My goals are important as any man's. I'm just as intelligent and capable. I'm valuable. I'm needed. I'm equal to a man regardless of physical differences. Thank you. I respect you too. 🤝👍💛🤗

Platonic of course. 😊

I'm sure your observation is generally true, especially if you're talking about fundies. Still, I must confess that some atheists, men included, can be assholes as well. Of course I'm one of the good ones! Platonic of course. 😇

• Like 1

Guest freedwoman
27 minutes ago, florduh said:

I'm sure your observation is generally true, especially if you're talking about fundies. Still, I must confess that some atheists, men included, can be assholes as well. Of course I'm one of the good ones! Platonic of course. 😇

Yeah. Ass holes are everywhere. Men women, theist and atheist. Excuse me but were you being sarcastic? It's alright if you were. I just don't know. Sorry.

2 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Atheist men aren't any better than Christians. Watch this:

https://youtu.be/7f99Chh1UgM

Guest freedwoman
13 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

You're right. Plus some christian men are nicer than some atheist men. I stand corrected. Thanks. Peace.

I get what you're saying - as a former Christian myself, I have definitely seen my regard for women change (improve) dramatically post-deconversion.  Seeing the way that bibical ideas harm women makes me want to, all the more, make sure that the women in my life (and in the world) are treated justly and equally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, freedwoman said:

No man is more respectful and ideal than an Atheist man in my experience.

7 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Leia, you appear to be making the error of painting too broadly with your brush. Atheist men covers all atheists who are men. It include entirety of that group.

Freedwomans statement was that atheist men are better "in her experience". She wasn't referring to all atheist men, just the ones she's met. Leia, you make a rebuttal statement about atheist men as a broad group... lumping them with Christians... as if every Christian man and atheist man is a deviant sexual predator. (The  TL;DR of the video for those who didn't watch is talking about historical sexual assault allegations against Laurence Krauss, who has been invited to an atheist convention as a speaker.) However the group of atheist men who goes to these conventions and are actively involved in the atheist movement is very small in comparison to the total of atheist men. The group that would actively support sexual assault is again extremely small in comparison to the entire group. Just taking the youtube content creators who are atheist men, you'd be hard pressed to find more than one or two being like the dick in the video. (The Lance fellow that Mr Atheist was showing the conversation of)

It's more true to say that some atheist men are better than Christians, and some Christians are better than Atheists. Are there elements within the atheist movement I don't like? Sure, I generally don't like the movement as a whole. But generally in the atheist population as a whole you don't see as much abuse of power because unlike Christianity where every city has umpteen churches each with their own, usually male, leader that lends itself to abuse,  atheists generally don't have such hierarchical power structures so abuse rate I think is much lower. That would lend credence to the hypothesis that atheist men and better that Christian men.

But there is no data to prove this hypothesis, however, it be interesting is to see data that might shed light if one or the other is better, or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know about all atheist men, but I'm definitely better than everybody else.  😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah, there are assholes everywhere. But I think a key difference is that atheism doesn't specifically lend itself to assholery, whereas Christianity does.

• Like 2

The OP rings true enough. And it's because we've transitioned away from the patriarchal religion. Going from believer to non-believer. It's also been my experience that in terms of a general trend, men seem to move away from the misogynistic foundations of christianity after leaving christianity. I don't think there's too much spiritual head of the household BS going on, for instance, with former christian men. Obviously. Or shut up stupid, men are speaking, Pauline style issues lingering on. That sort of shit was going on as my grandfather's generation. It died off there. I remember seeing women being told to shut up, stupid. literally. That's not very likely to be a thing post christianity. 

• Like 1

Guest freedwoman

Some Christian's even say that abused wives need to stay with their abusive husband's. Even my own parents said that if the wife disobeys her husband and rebels that he has biblical authority to beat her into submission. Even if it's their daughters! Which is funny because my mom runs that household. 🙄 I just think it's because they want to see their daughters being beaten. As long as he is a Christian, and white of course. How dare us women leave Christianity and set our own path and live our lives our way! Evil, unbiblical, sinful women we are! I've written about this very subject "Biblically Battered Brides & Violence Against Women".

I've never been treated this way by an Atheist man. That's why I said my experience. But I'm sure ass hole Atheist men do exist. I've just never met one. 

✌️🤝🙃

Guest freedwoman
5 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I don't know about all atheist men, but I'm definitely better than everybody else.  😋

😅😂🤣 Good one mate!

Guest freedwoman
11 hours ago, Insightful said:

I get what you're saying - as a former Christian myself, I have definitely seen my regard for women change (improve) dramatically post-deconversion.  Seeing the way that bibical ideas harm women makes me want to, all the more, make sure that the women in my life (and in the world) are treated justly and equally.

Thank you. 🤝🙃

Guest freedwoman
6 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Leia, you appear to be making the error of painting too broadly with your brush. Atheist men covers all atheists who are men. It include entirety of that group.

Freedwomans statement was that atheist men are better "in her experience". She wasn't referring to all atheist men, just the ones she's met. Leia, you make a rebuttal statement about atheist men as a broad group... lumping them with Christians... as if every Christian man and atheist man is a deviant sexual predator. (The  TL;DR of the video for those who didn't watch is talking about historical sexual assault allegations against Laurence Krauss, who has been invited to an atheist convention as a speaker.) However the group of atheist men who goes to these conventions and are actively involved in the atheist movement is very small in comparison to the total of atheist men. The group that would actively support sexual assault is again extremely small in comparison to the entire group. Just taking the youtube content creators who are atheist men, you'd be hard pressed to find more than one or two being like the dick in the video. (The Lance fellow that Mr Atheist was showing the conversation of)

It's more true to say that some atheist men are better than Christians, and some Christians are better than Atheists. Are there elements within the atheist movement I don't like? Sure, I generally don't like the movement as a whole. But generally in the atheist population as a whole you don't see as much abuse of power because unlike Christianity where every city has umpteen churches each with their own, usually male, leader that lends itself to abuse,  atheists generally don't have such hierarchical power structures so abuse rate I think is much lower. That would lend credence to the hypothesis that atheist men and better that Christian men.

But there is no data to prove this hypothesis, however, it be interesting is to see data that might shed light if one or the other is better, or not. 

Exactly. In my experience and from videos I've seen Atheist men tend to be more vocal about women's rights too. Where as Christian women complain about modern women have too many rights and that they hate feminism. The Atheist men respect women more than other women!

Plus I love Dear Mr. Atheist. He is very kind and very cute. I love his long hair by the way. And his facial hair is attractive. 💖😋

Guest freedwoman
5 hours ago, disillusioned said:

Yeah, there are assholes everywhere. But I think a key difference is that atheism doesn't specifically lend itself to assholery, whereas Christianity does.

Thanks. My point exactly. 👍

Guest freedwoman
4 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

The OP rings true enough. And it's because we've transitioned away from the patriarchal religion. Going from believer to non-believer. It's also been my experience that in terms of a general trend, men seem to move away from the misogynistic foundations of christianity after leaving christianity. I don't think there's too much spiritual head of the household BS going on, for instance, with former christian men. Obviously. Or shut up stupid, men are speaking, Pauline style issues lingering on. That sort of shit was going on as my grandfather's generation. It died off there. I remember seeing women being told to shut up, stupid. literally. That's not very likely to be a thing post christianity. 

Another Atheist man I adore is Richard Dawkins. Not sexually or anything. But I love his personality, courage, and intelligence. 😍

14 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

I think Josh hit the critical point here. Christianity is inherently patriarchal and it's patriarchy that's the problem when it comes to men having little respect for the opinions of women and controlling or attempting to control them. 

Some men will leave Christianity, and reject patriarchy. Others will leave Christianity and hang on to not only patriarchy but misogyny as well. That's what happened to my brother. He left, but no, he has not clearly thought it through. Intellectually, he has not left the system he grew up in. He still thinks he's the man of the house and all that. 

I see the patterns on this site as well. Mention feminism and it clearly sets some of the guys off. Maybe those members left, I'm not sure. But if you want to figure out which of the athiest men can be civil, start on a subject like that 😛

• Like 1

Guest freedwoman

Women are capable of misandry. Some women beat their husbands. Some women even sell their children and even kill them. Feminazies say they are strong women. But then turn around and play the victim. I say, give no woman special treatment. She's either strong and equal or weak and a victim? Make up your minds women! 🤔🧐

11 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Women are capable of misandry. Some women beat their husbands. Some women even sell their children and even kill them. Feminazies say they are strong women. But then turn around and play the victim. I say, give no woman special treatment. She's either strong and equal or weak and a victim? Make up your minds women! 🤔🧐

Feminazies? Okayyyy. Feminism can mean different things to different people. 

I think you did a good job there putting words into people's mouths and generalizing, re "feminazies" supporting crazy child killers and husband murderers. 

Edit: PS the worst women I ever knew was in the church - she ran after her husband with a knife and threatened to kill him, after which point he left her. 

I consider myself a feminist and nope I do not condone that kind of action. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

I think you did a good job there putting words into people's mouths and generalizing, re "feminazies" supporting crazy child killers and husband murderers. 

Edit: PS the worst women I ever knew was in the church - she ran after her husband with a knife and threatened to kill him, after which point he left her. 

I second the condemnation of extremist. My feminism has nothing to do with that. I'm a sex positive feminist who believes I should be able to fuck any consenting adults I want and fuck anyway I want without being slut shamed or kink shamed. The fact society represses sexuality the way it does is one of the main reasons I identify as a feminist.

Guest freedwoman
1 hour ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Well you're more reasonable than these feminazies. It's like they're always bleeding down there or something. Too emotional and unintelligent. 

Guest freedwoman
14 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

I second the condemnation of extremist. My feminism has nothing to do with that. I'm a sex positive feminist who believes I should be able to fuck any consenting adults I want and fuck anyway I want without being slut shamed or kink shamed. The fact society represses sexuality the way it does is one of the main reasons I identify as a feminist.

True. I don't think women are dirty sluts for being promiscuous. Women shouldn't be slut shamed. If a man can whore around so can women.

Guest freedwoman

I would just love to see all these feminazies survive just one day with out men. That means nothing invented, made, and built by men. They would not survive even one day. 😂😂😂 

No wonder I warn men to be MGTOW. I'm just a sister looking after her brothers. 

Guest freedwoman

All these logical, rational, calm and collected feminazies would be bleeding acidic blood if they read what I said. 😂😂😂 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.