But how angry were you at them,

While I just remained silent, 

Hoping they wouldn't turn on me,

Something I always denied they did,

Although you could see that clear,

That their abusive behaviour,

Could only cycle to you and her.

• Like 3

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

"More than 3 million incidents of domestic violence are reported each year, including both men and women. Nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million people. One-third of women and one-fourth of men will have experienced some sort of interpersonal violence, and for one-fourth of women and one-seventh of men, it's severe. (For more, visit NCADV.org.)"

This is from a June,  2017 article in Psychology Today. So one in four women experience some sort of severe interpersonal violence and almost 20 people per minute abused by an intimate partner on average here in the US!

https://ncadv.org/statistics

ps    "Since 2017, four women a day have been killed by an intimate partner."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-human-equation/201910/the-most-disturbing-red-flag-domestic-violence

I wonder what the numbers are for other countries. I don't know if it's some sort of bias on my part — probably is — but in my travels it seems to me that there are more unhappy people in America than in some of the other countries I've visited.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DanForsman said:

"More than 3 million incidents of domestic violence are reported each year, including both men and women. Nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million people. One-third of women and one-fourth of men will have experienced some sort of interpersonal violence, and for one-fourth of women and one-seventh of men, it's severe. (For more, visit NCADV.org.)"

This is from a June,  2017 article in Psychology Today. So one in four women experience some sort of severe interpersonal violence and almost 20 people per minute abused by an intimate partner on average here in the US!

Humanity is not so much dissimilar to a episode of looney toons. Dropping anvils on each other's head's, declaring war on each other, setting devious traps that they themselves fall into, and yes chasing their preferred love interest from sea to sea. But after they start spinning from the star's, they shake it off and wake up the next day and begin a whole new episode.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, older said:

I wonder what the numbers are for other countries. I don't know if it's some sort of bias on my part — probably is — but in my travels it seems to me that there are more unhappy people in America than in some of the other countries I've visited.

Supposedly Coca Cola owns happiness.

5 hours ago, older said:

https://uweboard.wordpress.com/2018/09/05/best-vs-worst-countries-in-the-world-for-women/

This lists what most researchers in this field consider to be the 10 best and 10 worst countries for women which I would think may have a positive correlation to general happiness.

Thanks Dan. I note that Denmark is at the top. Mrs. Older's ancestors were Danish so perhaps that's why she's such a sweetie. And I'm not surprised to see what's on the list of the worst. 

• Like 1