Goodbye Jesus

Corona Crazy Florida Style!

florduh

• Super Moderator

I encounter something mind boggling every day now, but this story will probably retain first place for a long, long time. Sorry for using so many words, but it's worth the read if you like to chuckle and shake your head at the same time.

Being pollen season I was sad to see that the car washes had all been closed for my protection. I'm talking about the automatic car wash, the one where you never leave your car. Never even roll down the window. Select the level of wash, insert cash or card into the kiosk and drive forward. The car goes into a track that pulls it through the automatic brushes and sprays. Never any human contact. None.

I noticed a car coming out of the wash a couple of days ago so I decided to go get my pollen yellow car back to the original black color. There was a bottleneck at the entrance. A young lady was approaching each car with a tablet and after a couple of minutes the cones were removed and vehicles inched forward.

The attendant came up to my window and asked if I was an "essential" worker. I asked why. She said they were only allowed to let essential workers wash their cars. She then informed me that she "wasn't the FBI and if I wanted to change my answer..." So I said, Yeah, I'm essential, just ask my wife. With that she handed me the tablet with instructions to fill out each field for the county government. They wanted name, phone, email and asked if you had been tested, etc. I just read it over and handed it back to her as I politely declined. I assured her I understood this was not her doing. I was allowed to leave without incident!!!

So for everyone's safety they made everybody interact with another person through a car window rather than just let us go through like always - with zero human contact.

And why can only "essential" workers get their car washed? An automatic car wash is the only place I know of where you can get service without getting near other people.

Florida be crazy. Thanks for reading.
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Super Moderator

Apparently, a police officer hiding at a speed trap and issuing citations is essential to our economy and infrastucture.  I found out the hard way...

There are also roughly 800 essential construction workers building a church in Charlotte.  A church... in which no one will be allowed to congregate on Sundays until the quarantine is lifted... has 800 people congregating in it 8-10 hours a day the remaiming 6 days of the week.

Don't blame me; I voted for Zika.

• Like 2

I also read that Florida's governor declared WWE wrestling an essential business. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, hello said:

I also read that Florida's governor declared WWE wrestling an essential business. :blink:

Are you suggesting it isn't? 😡

• Haha 2

Crazy, crazy, crazy.  

Has anybody else been creeped out by how eagerly police forces and other authorities around the world have been jumping all over people just out walking, hiking or running by themselves - because it was a “non-essential“ activity?  It’s like you give some people power and right under the surface is totalitarianism just waiting to get out. 

• Thanks 2

Idiots! 

I realize that the whole thing has been improvisational, but for crying out loud. How about the drive thru windows with a plastic square with a hole cut out for collecting money and passing food? Is that a magic hole that coronavirus can not pass through? No credit cards can carry it through? Bags of food, if touched by an infected person inside can not pass through the magic hole into your vehicle? 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, hello said:

WWE and churches are the same kind of thing. It's all a big put-on and some folks think it's real. For them it is essential.

BTW, it's interesting to note that New Zealand came down hard and quick on this and as of 4/27, they have had 19 deaths for a percentage of 1.3. In contrast, the US death rate is 5.7. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/new-zealand-isnt-just-flattening-the-curve-its-squashing-it/2020/04/07/6cab3a4a-7822-11ea-a311-adb1344719a9_story.html

https://covid19info.live/us/  (note: this site updates several times per hour)