Goodbye Jesus

Cooking with Jesus (Chilly Dog's)

AntiChrist

Christian, 

how do you know Jesus is real beyond any of your senses?

If you have some unique connection with Jesus that I the "unbeliever" can not sense until I believe, then explain how that connection is real without invoking some theory based on those human senses I can't actually use.

• Like 1

Hello AntiChrist. 

Ok, I'm not a Christian, but I do know the way some Christians know Jesus is real, beyond any of their senses.

They know it spiritually because the holy spirit bypasses their bodies and their senses, speaking directly to their spirits without the need of eyes, ears or anything physical at all.

The key verses are these.

John 16 : 13

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

1 John 2 : 20 & 21

But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 

I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth.

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Hello AntiChrist. 

Ok, I'm not a Christian, but I do know the way some Christians know Jesus is real, beyond any of their senses.

They know it spiritually because the holy spirit bypasses their bodies and their senses, speaking directly to their spirits without the need of eyes, ears or anything physical at all.

The key verses are these.

John 16 : 13

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 

I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth.

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Thank you.

Walter.

I think if the Christian really could understand Jesus without using any of their fleah senses, then why would they need their brains? Seems like a real waste having a brain that is ultimately dead weight. (They should donate their brains to a good cause)

1 hour ago, AntiChrist said:

I think if the Christian really could understand Jesus without using any of their fleah senses, then why would they need their brains? Seems like a real waste having a brain that is ultimately dead weight. (They should donate their brains to a good cause)

Sorry AntiChrist, but they have this base covered too.

Matthew 22 : 37

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

Christians need their brains to love Jesus.

Thank you.

Walter.

1 hour ago, WalterP said:

Sorry AntiChrist, but they have this base covered too.

Matthew 22 : 37

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

Christians need their brains to love Jesus.

Thank you.

Walter.

I'm sorry too, but that verse doesn't seem to mention using one's brain at all.

1 hour ago, AntiChrist said:

I'm sorry too, but that verse doesn't seem to mention using one's brain at all.

Yes, I know that's how it looks when reading an English translation of the Bible.

But in the original New Testament Koine Greek the word for mind is dianoia.

https://biblehub.com/greek/1271.htm

So Christians are being asked to use their reasoning and critical thinking (i.e, their brains) when loving Jesus.

They've got that base covered too.  Sorry.

Thank you.

Walter.

6 hours ago, WalterP said:

Yes, I know that's how it looks when reading an English translation of the Bible.

So Christians are being asked to use their reasoning and critical thinking (i.e, their brains) when loving Jesus.

Thank you.

Walter.

Which is exactly the opposite of faith.

7 hours ago, WalterP said:

So Christians are being asked to use their reasoning and critical thinking (i.e, their brains) when loving Jesus.

Thank you.

Walter.

Which is exactly the opposite of faith.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not exactly, AntiChrist.

Scripture tells the Christians to engage their reasoning and their critical thinking ONCE they have accept certain things by faith.

So, they are being asked to begin with faith and THEN use their brains to love and serve Jesus.

This is the hardest part of dialogue with the Christians who come here.  Getting them to use their brains about the things they have accepted by purely by faith.  They are quite happy to use their brains in every other part of their lives.  They will also use their brains to develop elaborate arguments to rationalize what they've accepted by faith.  These arguments are known as Apologetics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_apologetics

But, if they had begun with reason and engaged their critical thinking skills from the start, then they would never have become Christians in the first place. 

Thank you.

Walter.

Oh btw AntiChrist, your name comes up in the same chapter of 1 John that I quoted earlier.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.

21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 

22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

See that?  You're famous!  You're mentioned by name in a book that's read by billions!

;)

19 hours ago, WalterP said:

Oh btw AntiChrist, your name comes up in the same chapter of 1 John that I quoted earlier.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.

21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 

22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

See that?  You're famous!  You're mentioned by name in a book that's read by billions!

;)

tenor.gif