Sign in to follow this  
LeiaBryant

When is it appropriate for child protective services to take children away from a church?

I say this and I thought I would ask youalls opinion.

Under current U.S. law, unless there is proven physical or psychological abuse (as it is defined by law) child protection cannot get involved.  Unfortunately, even in extremist denominations, such as your former associates, obsession with religious freedom would be a tremendous hinderance to child protection, if a case worker ever even dared to open an investigation.  However, there is some growing concern amonf psychologist and other professionals about how much, or how extreme, indoctrination can be before it becomes abusive.  This was unheard of when I was a kid; so it is definitely a ray of hope for coming generations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is tolerated also depends on the local system.  The state workers, police force and courts where it is going on.   I have known situations where some, or even all of these people were related to each other.

On 5/1/2020 at 3:42 AM, LeiaBryant said:

I say this and I thought I would ask youalls opinion.

Invite pastor douchebag to this thread.