I bet you're all wondering where I've been, well I had some financial difficulties and I had to pay some bills and and I wasn't able to get online for a while plus I have spent a bunch of time or have been online on Reddit and I made a new subreddit there r/antinifb . It's a place dedicated to survivors of the NIFB cult ( and the old IFB hyperfundamentalist that were the origin of the NIFB). I put a lot of time and energy into it and while I still visit this place from time to time, it's not really specialized in former cult members and people have been victims of this stuff. Not to downplay what you guys have been through but there's unique challenges relate to escaping a cult and this subreddit is specialized and helping people who all have a single share trauma. If anyone ifb or nifb shows up here and needs resources I recommend directing them here:  

• Like 2
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Leia.   I hope you won’t mind my relating a true story to you.  The story is true because its my story.    Many years ago, I was betrayed by someone who was a very good frie

I suppose the point that I (and others) have tried to make is that having already lost so much of your life to this cult, why are you so determined to keep devoting your life to them?  It's like you h

Yes, replacing one unsupported belief with another doesn't fly with those who left a religion due to critical thinking.

<sarc>

Nope. Christianity is not a cult. Nope. Not at all.

</sarc>

• Super Moderator

It seems they are still controlling your thoughts and all of your attention. It's the other side of that same coin you won't let go of. I would suggest leaving it behind and forge a new life that doesn't include them in any way. They are not worth all this energy you're devoting to them. If you need professional deprogramming, then by all means don't hesitate.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

I bet you're all wondering where I've been, well I had some financial difficulties and I had to pay some bills and and I wasn't able to get online for a while plus I have spent a bunch of time or have been online on Reddit and I made a new subreddit there r/antinifb . It's a place dedicated to survivors of the NIFB cult ( and the old IFB hyperfundamentalist that were the origin of the NIFB). I put a lot of time and energy into it and while I still visit this place from time to time, it's not really specialized in former cult members and people have been victims of this stuff. Not to downplay what you guys have been through but there's unique challenges relate to escaping a cult and this subreddit is specialized and helping people who all have a single share trauma. If anyone ifb or nifb shows up here and needs resources I recommend directing them here:  

522 members! Good for you. 

Not sure how inviting Christians over to give support to people  who left/are leaving another supposedly Christian sect is going to work out though. I assume there is some doctrinal  overlap between NIFB and every other Christian denomination. Might want to ban Xians altogether. My 2 cents. 

5 hours ago, midniterider said:

522 members! Good for you. 

Not sure how inviting Christians over to give support to people  who left/are leaving another supposedly Christian sect is going to work out though. I assume there is some doctrinal  overlap between NIFB and every other Christian denomination. Might want to ban Xians altogether. My 2 cents. 

I want moderate Christians to help me oppose a extremist cult. The enemy of my enemy is my friend right?

12 hours ago, MOHO said:

<sarc>

Nope. Christianity is not a cult. Nope. Not at all.

</sarc>

I define cult based on the BITE model. Check out the telltale atheist on YouTube for more about it.there's an objective standard that I'm using for what is is not cult Christianity is to broad a category to be labeled as a cult

9 hours ago, florduh said:

It seems they are still controlling your thoughts and all of your attention. It's the other side of that same coin you won't let go of. I would suggest leaving it behind and forge a new life that doesn't include them in any way. They are not worth all this energy you're devoting to them. If you need professional deprogramming, then by all means don't hesitate.

I'd be deprogrammed myself. I'm doing this for the good of the entire community. do you understand what these people actually teach? They are far more dangerous than vanilla Christianity.

8 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I typically only agree with @florduh when he's right.  He's right.

I don't agree

I am trying to destroy a destructive cult. Not fight some unwinnable battle with all of Christianity! This is completely reasonable.

1 minute ago, LeiaBryant said:

I don't agree

I am trying to destroy a destructive cult. Not fight some unwinnable battle with all of Christianity! This is completely reasonable.

There’s a Chinese proverb that says: Make sure in fighting the dragon you don’t become the dragon. 

It sounds like your rage is consuming you. I understand wanting to bring a group down. Be careful you don’t take yourself with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SarahJaneSmith said:

There’s a Chinese proverb that says: Make sure in fighting the dragon you don’t become the dragon. 

It sounds like your rage is consuming you. I understand wanting to bring a group down. Be careful you don’t take yourself with it. 

You haven't seen me really pissed off before. I used to have undirected outburst of anger at one time put holes in walls and other stupid shit now I'm actually channeling and directing that anger in a healthy way please don't criticize that part at least. My efforts to deprogram myself have finally started yield results in a positive direction this is better than things were. EDIT I don't care if I have to take myself with it to take it down. I'm not afraid of death I believe death is just life in a cyclical type of way ,reincarnation ,endless cycle of Life death and rebirth. EDIT#2 I'm doing everything within the law to fight them physically and a battling them metaphysically and every way within the bounds of the wiccan rede. "As ye harm none do as ye will". Right now I'm working on a binding spell to bind all of their hatred the physical building in which they meet in. EDIT#3 this isn't just blind anger this is righteous fury they deserve what they're getting I'm doing this to protect the community and those I love my magick comes from love not hate. As long as it's love fueling it it's a good and positive thing. And I'm sorry if you can't see it that way.

Do what you gotta do.  People go all in exposing things like Scientology and all that shit but never really bother with xianity (there are the usual suspects like, for example, Mormons but we all know there's a whole world beyond the "big" weirdos out there that no one worries, knows, or cares, about because they think they're too small to cause any harm which is just wrong).

mwc

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, mwc said:

Do what you gotta do.  People go all in exposing things like Scientology and all that shit but never really bother with xianity (there are the usual suspects like, for example, Mormons but we all know there's a whole world beyond the "big" weirdos out there that no one worries, knows, or cares, about because they think they're too small to cause any harm which is just wrong).

mwc

I think advocating the genocide of entire segment of the population might be enough to get attention the way neo Nazis get attention therehAren't that many of those bastards but people pay attention to them.

11 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

I define cult based on the BITE model. Check out the telltale atheist on YouTube for more about it.there's an objective standard that I'm using for what is is not cult Christianity is to broad a category to be labeled as a cult

MY standard - which is closely aligned with a number of "standards" but with dumbed down lingo so you and I can understand...

1. Sucks you in with bogus information.
  2. Attempts to control you with fear
  3. Controls your purse strings
  4. Controls your friends
  5. Ensures regular doses of indoctrination
  6. Provides a "fix" or "cure" for the bogus fear or negative condition they have indoctrinated you with.

Not to minimize your experiences but perhaps there are differing intensities of each of these standards from cult to cult.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Yeah the BITE thing, like the name implies, is quite a bit nastier than most vanilla versions of xanity.

Again not to minimize what you went through but I'm thinking those were were exposed to any hard-line BITE control might have additional hurdles to overcome than the typical reader of Ex-C does.

• Super Moderator
16 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

I don't agree

I suppose the point that I (and others) have tried to make is that having already lost so much of your life to this cult, why are you so determined to keep devoting your life to them?  It's like you haven't really taken off the shackles; you've just turned them around in the opposite direction and called yourself free.  But, you're not free.  You're still enslaved.  Your anger at them has you just as imprisoned in your behavior, thought, and emotion, as they had you.

I sincerely wish you the best; but I will say no more.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I suppose the point that I (and others) have tried to make is that having already lost so much of your life to this cult, why are you so determined to keep devoting your life to them?  It's like you haven't really taken off the shackles; you've just turned them around in the opposite direction and called yourself free.  But, you're not free.  You're still enslaved.  Your anger at them has you just as imprisoned in your behavior, thought, and emotion, as they had you.

I sincerely wish you the best; but I will say no more.

I'm free I'm not enslaved at all and I am trying to liberate others. By that standard everyone opposed to their former cult is enslaved. Bullshit. I am going to fight this until the day I die.

14 hours ago, MOHO said:

Yeah the BITE thing, like the name implies, is quite a bit nastier than most vanilla versions of xanity.

Again not to minimize what you went through but I'm thinking those were were exposed to any hard-line BITE control might have additional hurdles to overcome than the typical reader of Ex-C does.

Yeah it is a question of degree not type.

20 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

I'm free I'm not enslaved at all and I am trying to liberate others. By that standard everyone opposed to their former cult is enslaved. Bullshit. I am going to fight this until the day I die.

I dont like the dentist so I avoid going there. 

I dont like this prick I worked with so I never think about him. 

I dont like water so I dont go swimming. 

I dont like Jesus so I talk about him every fucking day. lol. 

What's wrong with this picture? (haha)

• Like 1

This is one of the downfalls of American freedom. These whack job groups are allowed to exist and protected by law. They usually think and act as though they are above the law, though. And if you can find where they're breaking the law then you have a shot of kicking them in the nuts from a legal stand point. 

In my experience christians love to rally against other christians. Especially bigger denominations against smaller whack job sects like this. Of course the opportunity for conversion out of the whack job cult and into the bigger more accepted whack job denominational group is front and center. At the moment you seem to think that moving from a small whack job group to larger whack job groups is the lesser of two evils. It may be to some extent. But it merely involves taking people who have been brainwashed one way, and then brainwashing them in a different direction where the number of the brainwashed are higher in number than the former. At the end of the day the people are still brainwashed. And the law is perfectly fine it. Everyone's free to brainwash and to be brainwashed by religions. 

The saving grace here in this scenario is that the non-religious are free to enter the arena as well. And are free to do what we do on this website, both online and abroad if we so choose. We can challenge, question, and address religious brainwashing freely. All of it. The small brainwashing and the big brainwashing. The christians in your support group need support in and of themselves. The blind leading the blind and all of that. Maybe just try and keep sight of the big picture as you battle on. And ask yourself at what point is continuing to brainwash, brainwashed people, good and well? 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

This is one of the downfalls of American freedom. These whack job groups are allowed to exist and protected by law. They usually think and act as though they are above the law, though. And if you can find where they're breaking the law then you have a shot of kicking them in the nuts from a legal stand point. 

In my experience christians love to rally against other christians. Especially bigger denominations against smaller whack job sects like this. Of course the opportunity for conversion out of the whack job cult and into the bigger more accepted whack job denomination group is front and center. At the moment you seem to think that moving from a small whack job group to larger whack job groups is the lesser of two evils. It may be to some extent. But it involves taking people who brainwashed one way and then brainwashing them in a different direction. At the end of the day the people are still brainwashed. And the law is perfectly fine it. Everyone's free to brainwash and to be brainwashed by religions. 

The saving grace here in this scenario is that the non-religious are free to enter the arena as well. And do what we do on this website, both online and abroad if we so choose. We can challenge, question, and address religious brainwashing freely. All of it. The small brainwashing and the big brainwashing. The christians in your support group need support in and of themselves. The blind leading the blind and all of that. Maybe just try and keep sight of the big picture as you battle on. And ask yourself at what point is continuing to brainwash, brainwashed people, good and well? 

Not all of Christianity is destructive and brainwashed. I believe the liberal Christian sects are a net positive for my community and the not radical conservative ones are okay-ish compared to the bastards and I am fighting. Any conversion to another mainstream sect of Christianity is preferable to continued cult membership. Remember the enemy of your enemy is your friend! As long as the fight targets the most extreme and damaging sects of Christianity it will keep going until only good Christians are left. In other words those who are a net positive for the community they exist in . Christianity being good or bad is a question of degree not type of faith. Try to see it pragmatically like me. 

11 hours ago, midniterider said:

I dont like the dentist so I avoid going there. 

I dont like this prick I worked with so I never think about him. 

I dont like water so I dont go swimming. 

I dont like Jesus so I talk about him every fucking day. lol. 

What's wrong with this picture? (haha)

Yeah Jews didn't like Hitler and you ignore him and he Holocaust people these people want to exterminate the LGBT+ community. Let that sink in

On 5/21/2020 at 2:41 PM, midniterider said:

LeiaBryant seems to recommend her new supernatural beliefs to those leaving Christianity here on this site so I can't imagine this group is going to be a neutral landing place with or without Christians making their evangelistic recommendations.

• Like 1
  • Super Moderator
8 minutes ago, DanForsman said:

LeiaBryant seems to recommend her new supernatural beliefs to those leaving Christianity here on this site so I can't imagine this group is going to be a neutral landing place with or without Christians making their evangelistic recommendations.

Yes, replacing one unsupported belief with another doesn't fly with those who left a religion due to critical thinking.

• Like 4