Goodbye Jesus

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.

LeiaBryant

7 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Yeah Jews didn't like Hitler and you ignore him and he Holocaust people these people want to exterminate the LGBT+ community. Let that sink in

I think Midnites point went clean over your head. Please re read his post and think about what he's saying in context of the thread.

6 hours ago, DanForsman said:

LeiaBryant seems to recommend her new supernatural beliefs to those leaving Christianity here on this site so I can't imagine this group is going to be a neutral landing place with or without Christians making their evangelistic recommendations.

I don't care which spirituality they end up with as long as they are free of the cult.

6 hours ago, florduh said:

Yes, replacing one unsupported belief with another doesn't fly with those who left a religion due to critical thinking.

I have a room in my subreddit for atheist too. My goal is to get them out of the NIFB not where they go later.

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I think Midnites point went clean over your head. Please re read his post and think about what he's saying in context of the thread.

I did read it I just disagree

12 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Not all of Christianity is destructive and brainwashed. I believe the liberal Christian sects are a net positive for my community and the not radical conservative ones are okay-ish compared to the bastards and I am fighting. Any conversion to another mainstream sect of Christianity is preferable to continued cult membership. Remember the enemy of your enemy is your friend! As long as the fight targets the most extreme and damaging sects of Christianity it will keep going until only good Christians are left. In other words those who are a net positive for the community they exist in . Christianity being good or bad is a question of degree not type of faith. Try to see it pragmatically like me. 

Liberal xtians aren't brainwashed? That's news to my ears. I tend to think anybody reading and believing a bronze age book of fairy tales written by men to control other people, is indeed brainwashed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In liberal Christian Hell you get a participation trophy. 

• Haha 3

Hello Leia.

I hope you won’t mind my relating a true story to you.  The story is true because its my story. 

Many years ago, I was betrayed by someone who was a very good friend and close confidant.  His act of betrayal hurt me terribly and had very bad consequences for me on personal, familial and financial levels.  I’ve never spoken to him again and I avoid all contact with him, even though we still live in the same area.

Fast forward five years and I was working in a department of local government and I had access to confidential records and information about tens of thousands of people living in the area.  One day the thought came to me to use my access privileges and interrogate the computer system about my ex-friend.  Acting on a malevolent impulse I called up his details and covertly wrote them down in my pocket diary. 

“Perhaps I can (mis)use this data in some way to pay him back and hurt him as much (or more) as he hurt me?” I thought to myself.  I made no changes to his data on the system and since I was allowed to access this kind of data, none of my colleagues or superiors were suspicious.

Leia, by doing this I had become the very thing he was – a betrayer of trust.  I had broken the Official Secrets Act, several Data protection laws and betrayed the trust placed in me by my employers.  I’m not proud of this, btw.  I’m ashamed of myself.

Now let’s fast forward another five years.  My marriage was going through a difficult time and my wife and I used the services of counselors, both separately and together.  In one of my solo consultations my counselor Karen asked me if there were any baggage (secrets or burdens) from my past that might be weighing upon me and affecting my marriage.

We dealt with several and then, on my last solo session with Karen, I put a piece of paper on her desk.  This was the page from my diary with the stolen data about my old enemy written on it.  I explained everything to her and said that I wanted to unburden myself of it.  She understood and promised me that she would destroy it without looking at its information.

I’m relating this story to you Leia, not to lecture or judge you, but to offer you a gentle warning about the effects that revenge can have upon a person.  There’s an old Chinese proverb that goes something like this.

“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig TWO graves.  One for your enemy and one for yourself.”

I sincerely and genuinely ask you to not walk down the road of revenge.  Please do as I did and turn away before its too late.  Turning away doesn’t necessarily mean forgiving or forgetting.  I haven’t forgotten what was done to me, nor have I really forgiven him.  But at least I’ve chosen not to repay the harm he did to me by hurting him back.

There are other ways. Please reconsider your plans before you come to harm.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Thanks 6

• Super Moderator

Great post, Walter, but I fear she's having none of it. Revenge is too sweet to resist even if it kills you.

Leila, I hope you are seeing a mental health professional.  

8 hours ago, WalterP said:

Hello Leia.

I hope you won’t mind my relating a true story to you.  The story is true because its my story. 

Many years ago, I was betrayed by someone who was a very good friend and close confidant.  His act of betrayal hurt me terribly and had very bad consequences for me on personal, familial and financial levels.  I’ve never spoken to him again and I avoid all contact with him, even though we still live in the same area.

Fast forward five years and I was working in a department of local government and I had access to confidential records and information about tens of thousands of people living in the area.  One day the thought came to me to use my access privileges and interrogate the computer system about my ex-friend.  Acting on a malevolent impulse I called up his details and covertly wrote them down in my pocket diary. 

“Perhaps I can (mis)use this data in some way to pay him back and hurt him as much (or more) as he hurt me?” I thought to myself.  I made no changes to his data on the system and since I was allowed to access this kind of data, none of my colleagues or superiors were suspicious.

Leia, by doing this I had become the very thing he was – a betrayer of trust.  I had broken the Official Secrets Act, several Data protection laws and betrayed the trust placed in me by my employers.  I’m not proud of this, btw.  I’m ashamed of myself.

Now let’s fast forward another five years.  My marriage was going through a difficult time and my wife and I used the services of counselors, both separately and together.  In one of my solo consultations my counselor Karen asked me if there were any baggage (secrets or burdens) from my past that might be weighing upon me and affecting my marriage.

We dealt with several and then, on my last solo session with Karen, I put a piece of paper on her desk.  This was the page from my diary with the stolen data about my old enemy written on it.  I explained everything to her and said that I wanted to unburden myself of it.  She understood and promised me that she would destroy it without looking at its information.

I’m relating this story to you Leia, not to lecture or judge you, but to offer you a gentle warning about the effects that revenge can have upon a person.  There’s an old Chinese proverb that goes something like this.

“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig TWO graves.  One for your enemy and one for yourself.”

I sincerely and genuinely ask you to not walk down the road of revenge.  Please do as I did and turn away before its too late.  Turning away doesn’t necessarily mean forgiving or forgetting.  I haven’t forgotten what was done to me, nor have I really forgiven him.  But at least I’ve chosen not to repay the harm he did to me by hurting him back.

There are other ways. Please reconsider your plans before you come to harm.

Thank you.

Walter.

I want justice and not revenge. Justice unlike revenge is proportional to the wrong done to me. If anything I do is disproportional I want to be criticized for it. My goal is justice so what is wrong with that?

5 hours ago, florduh said:

Great post, Walter, but I fear she's having none of it. Revenge is too sweet to resist even if it kills you.

I seek justice not revenge

3 hours ago, Weezer said:

Leila, I hope you are seeing a mental health professional.  

I was until this Covid19 stuff cut off my ability to see my therapist.

22 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Liberal xtians aren't brainwashed? That's news to my ears. I tend to think anybody reading and believing a bronze age book of fairy tales written by men to control other people, is indeed brainwashed. 

By that standard I suppose you think I am brainwashed for being a witch (Wicca) . I believe in my Gods as much as the Christians believe in their God. The liberal Christians aren't brainwashed and neither am I . Brainwashing is something I define based on the BITE model of cult behavior not some abstract and subjective standard.

21 hours ago, midniterider said:

In liberal Christian Hell you get a participation trophy. 

Lol not bad

30 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:
23 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

By that standard I suppose you think I am brainwashed for being a witch (Wicca) . I believe in my Gods as much as the Christians believe in their God. The liberal Christians aren't brainwashed and neither am I . Brainwashing is something I define based on the BITE model of cult behavior not some abstract and subjective standard.

I tend to think Leia is right here in reference to the term "brainwashed". Brainwashing is different from indoctrination, and I'm not even sure you could claim liberal Christians are indoctrinated. Some versions of their Christianity is so pink and fluffy that its hard to find reference to God or Jesus. Those types believe simply because it makes them feel good, or they want to, not because they were indoctrinated as kids.

However, Leia, I will say you are just as wrong as Christians in your belief's. Not brainwashed sure, but I think you are believing something without good evidence to believe it. Though I'm sure you'll disagree. Of course you are free to believe whatever you like so long as you do not harm others with your belief.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

I want justice and not revenge. Justice unlike revenge is proportional to the wrong done to me. If anything I do is disproportional I want to be criticized for it. My goal is justice so what is wrong with that?

Justice can just be another convenient name for revenge. 

53 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

Beliefs based on evidence that is verifiable aren't abstract and subjective. 

• Super Moderator

Guys, I think, at this point, we have all made our points.  We have given her the advice, warnings, and wisdom we have gained from our experience. 

It is clear, also, that she intends to go her own way with this thing. 

Let's not turn this thread into a dogpile.  Sometimes the best support we can give to someone is to move put of the way and let them learn for themselves.  Some do learn; some don't.  Either way, and however difficult it may be to watch, Leia is one of us, and we have each done the best we could for her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Guys, I think, at this point, we have all made our points.  We have given her the advice, warnings, and wisdom we have gained from our experience. 

Let's not turn this thread into a dogpile.  Sometimes the best support we can give to someone is to move put of the way and let them learn for themselves.  Some do learn; some don't.  Either way, and however difficult it may be to watch, Leia is one of us, and we have each done the best we could for her.

Leia has denied our most excellent tutelage? Well, shit. :)

On 5/25/2020 at 10:25 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

I tend to think Leia is right here in reference to the term "brainwashed". Brainwashing is different from indoctrination, and I'm not even sure you could claim liberal Christians are indoctrinated. Some versions of their Christianity is so pink and fluffy that its hard to find reference to God or Jesus. Those types believe simply because it makes them feel good, or they want to, not because they were indoctrinated as kids.

However, Leia, I will say you are just as wrong as Christians in your belief's. Not brainwashed sure, but I think you are believing something without good evidence to believe it. Though I'm sure you'll disagree. Of course you are free to believe whatever you like so long as you do not harm others with your belief.

Exactly I'm fighting against brainwashing not indoctrination writ large.I'm not sure about that claim of liberal Christians not being indoctrinated but they're definitely not brainwashed .also my beliefs about magick are based on my first-hand experience. Which is not something I can't duplicate a laboratory to prove things to you.

3 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Justice can just be another convenient name for revenge. 

No it isn't these are two very different concepts ,proportionality matters.

3 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Thanks for all of your advice. I believe I'm doing the right thing.if I had any questions about It i would not be doing it.

2 hours ago, midniterider said:

Leia has denied our most excellent tutelage? Well, shit. :)

Yes because I think you're wrong about this particular matter

Just now, LeiaBryant said:

Yes because I think you're wrong about this particular matter

Stab me in the heart, why doncha!  jk

You sound young and full of energy. The reddit sub you have sounds helpful. Try to be moderate and enjoy life, even though you have a crusade. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Walsh_(television_host)

John Walsh was pretty successful in his crusade.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

There! Hows that? 

41 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Stab me in the heart, why doncha!  jk

You sound young and full of energy. The reddit sub you have sounds helpful. Try to be moderate and enjoy life, even though you have a crusade. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Walsh_(television_host)

John Walsh was pretty successful in his crusade.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

There! Hows that? 

I kind of like to be like John Walsh in that way acceptance hunting criminals fighting cults. And I will try to enjoy my life outside this battle