Goodbye Jesus

Everything Wrong with Genesis....

Joshpantera

Please also be so good as to answer the question I put to you, earlier in this thread.

Do you accept that that the big bang has been confirmed, just as your source (and Hawking) says?

Thank you.

Walter.

@LogicalFallacy - Harry Potter is fiction. The author never claimed it was true. The Bible is written by people who claim to be eyewitnesses of the teaching, miracles, and resurrection of Jesus. 

The virgin birth is clearly miraculous.

But with the Virgin Birth we can make sense of why the Genealogy of Jesus in Matthew's Gospel (Mat 1) is different from Luke's Gospel (Luke 3:23-28). The virgin birth makes it necessary that they be different.  The messiah must be a descendant of King David. Luke records the blood-line of David thru Mary. Matthew records the royal line of Kingship from David to Joseph. Under Jewish law Joseph's adopted son would be heir to David's throne.

@WalterP -- This is exChristian.net, I'm not here to discuss other religions. They may or may not advocate intelligent design, I don't know.

The Big Bang is a Theory. It has not been confirmed.

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, InamBerea said:

The Big Bang is a Theory. 

I have already suggested that you learn the difference in meaning of the term "Theory" as it is used by scientists versus its meaning when used in common speech.  If you cannot stop being ignorant, you can, at least, stop displaying it publicly.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, InamBerea said:

You'll find a consistent message in 66 books from 40+ authors, written over thousands of years.

You will find a more consistent message in the Dharma.

@TheRedneckProfessor - I guess I should have used 'Hypothesis' or 'Conjecture' to be precise. 

57 minutes ago, InamBerea said:

:banghead:

Here we go again. "It's just a theory" *Looks at Walter with exasperated expression* You got this?

I'm starting to think of ways in which one can confirm the theory of gravity. Jumping off a building for instance. It's just a thheeeooorrrrryyyyyyyy. *splat*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@LogicalFallacy - Harry Potter is fiction. The author never claimed it was true. The Bible is written by people who claim to be eyewitnesses of the teaching, miracles, and resurrection of Jesus. 

The Koran claims to be true. And it's consistent in its message.

There are also eye witness accounts of people seeing Elvis alive and being abducted by alien's. These often have a consistent message as well. Do you believe them?

The virgin birth is an ad hoc claim based off a misunderstanding of Isaiah.  

But with the Virgin Birth we can make sense of why the Genealogy of Jesus in Matthew's Gospel (Mat 1) is different from Luke's Gospel (Luke 3:23-28). The virgin birth makes it necessary that they be different.  The messiah must be a descendant of King David. Luke records the blood-line of David thru Mary. Matthew records the royal line of Kingship from David to Joseph. Under Jewish law Joseph's adopted son would be heir to David's throne.

More ad hoc reasoning. 

The entire virgin birth story is ad hoc reasoning and shoe horning misunderstood prophesies. Talk to a Jewish rabbi about it and get back to me when you've convinced them that you have the correct interpretation.

• Super Moderator
37 minutes ago, InamBerea said:

@TheRedneckProfessor - I guess I should have used 'Hypothesis' or 'Conjecture' to be precise. 

Neither of those terms would have been more precise, or even accurate.  Study, boy.  Study to shew thyself approved unto the Prof, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the truth of the words.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, InamBerea said:

@JoshPantera - GroupThink cuts both ways. General acceptance of the Big-Bang is not proof. 

Walter's questions are aimed at leading you into a deeper understanding of the issue at hand, BTW. Try and answer them and see where it leads. 

2 hours ago, InamBerea said:

Let's get this straight. Mark was written before Matthew. Then Matthew and Luke were written. Most think Matthew then Luke. So there's no virgin birth in Mark. It shows up in Matthew, but the line from David runs through Joseph, and no blood line exists to jesus because he was not of the seed of Joseph. Then Luke comes along, first no virgin birth Mark, then a virgin birth that basically grasps at straws to try and connect jesus to king David through Joseph in Matthew, and then Luke changes it around to a blood-line of David thru Mary. This is being conjured up and built upon by humans over time, isn't it? 

That just looks like the obvious train of thought playing over time as myths are expanded upon. Very obvious to people who aren't biased into not being able to see it that way. This is part of why the jews never accepted these myths. The same reason that most christians don't accept mormon myths. They don't make clear sense and don't add up. They have tell tale signs of manipulation and personal religious biases. And they never passed with the jewish people as valid religious literature in their opinion. It's easy to see why, from an objective perspective. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, InamBerea said:

@WalterP -- This is exChristian.net, I'm not here to discuss other religions. They may or may not advocate intelligent design, I don't know.

InamBerea,

If you don't know whether other religions advocate intelligent design or not, please go back and read the article I linked to.

This one.  http://www.naseeb.com/villages/journals/intelligent-design-islam-69908

Having read it, you will no longer be in a state of ignorance about Islam advocating intelligent design.

Then you will be able to answer the question, 'If both Christians and Muslims advocate intelligent design, who should we believe?'

Please pay close attention now, InamBerea!

I've said that you will be able to answer the question.  But that doesn't mean that you are willing to do so.  

So, are you refusing to answer?

Walter.

8 hours ago, InamBerea said:

Please explain how a theory is confirmed, InamBerea.

Thank you.

Walter.

14 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

:banghead:

Here we go again. "It's just a theory" *Looks at Walter with exasperated expression* You got this?

I'm starting to think of ways in which one can confirm the theory of gravity. Jumping off a building for instance. It's just a thheeeooorrrrryyyyyyyy. *splat*

It's ok LogicalFallacy, I'm not exasperated by what InamBerea has said.

Instead of using gravity, I think I'll use the Sun to show to him how a theory is confirmed.

A theory is confirmed if its predictions agree with what is observed.

In 1939 Hans Bethe predicted that the Sun's sustained thermonuclear reactions would give off neutrinos as a side product.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Bethe

In 2014 these solar neutrinos were unequivocally detected by the Borexino experiment.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borexino

This detection confirms the prediction.

Thank you.

Walter.

@Joshpantera - The need for (2) different lineages happened long before the NT, in the time of Jeremiah (Jer 22:24-30). A blood curse was placed on the descendants of Jeconiah (Coniah) to never sit on the throne of David, but the Royal line passed thru Jeconiah as listed in Matthew's Genealogy. 

Jesus was a blood-descendant of King David according to (Rom 1:3), and we see that Genealogy in Luke. It's necessary to both Matthew and Luke. If they were both the same Jesus could not be the messiah.

Hello again InamBerea.

Please be so good as to respond to these two items, which I put to you yesterday.

If both Christians and Muslims advocate intelligent design, who are we to believe?

Please explain how a theory is confirmed.

Thank you.

Walter.

66 books with consistent message.and you can say that with a straight face? :)) 

On 8/10/2020 at 8:59 AM, InamBerea said:

Jesus was a blood-descendant of King David according to (Rom 1:3), and we see that Genealogy in Luke. It's necessary to both Matthew and Luke. If they were both the same Jesus could not be the messiah.

Except both come through Joseph so the claim to Mary doesn't really work.  There's nothing in the genealogy that allows us to assume this is the female's male lineage.

mwc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2020 at 11:59 AM, InamBerea said:

@Joshpantera - The need for (2) different lineages happened long before the NT, in the time of Jeremiah (Jer 22:24-30). A blood curse was placed on the descendants of Jeconiah (Coniah) to never sit on the throne of David, but the Royal line passed thru Jeconiah as listed in Matthew's Genealogy. 

So why didn't Matthew provide both lineages? Divine inspiration skipped over Matthew somehow to where the holy spirit needed to jump bodies into Luke in order to resolved the error? Why didn't the holy spirit set it straight once and for all with Matthew? Further, why didn't Mark know anything about a virgin birth or the lineage's?

Let's see how far down you'll dig this hole before realizing where it's headed. 

• 8 months later...

Here's a good video covering more of the issue: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 5/28/2020 at 6:20 AM, Joshpantera said:

Great mind!

On 3/29/2022 at 10:54 PM, Knott said:

Great mind!

He does make many valid points.  Thanks for posting it..

On 8/8/2020 at 11:10 PM, WalterP said:

Do you accept that that the big bang has been confirmed, just as your source (and Hawking) says?

Walter.

NO. The big bang is a failed IDEA for numerous reasons.

It has no possible origin. On some sites, creationists tease big bangers about that fact.

It relies on imaginary inflation.

It relies on expansion at a time when the Universe had a density that makes a black hole look like fine mist.

It uses the dark energy fudge. 68% of the Universe is claimed to be dark energy, which first appeared several billion years ago, so several billion years after the big bang, so 2/3 of the universe (now) had nothing to do with the big bang.

It relies on the red shift being due to expansion, where galaxies are all moving away from each other, when the most basic astronomy tells us that galaxies grew to their present size through collisions of smaller galaxies. Also we have endless photos of galaxies on their way to a collision, in collision, and after a collision.

Redshifts can come from gravity affecting photons, as it cannot slow them down and photons travel for billions of years past endless gravity sources (stars).

In 1926, Eddington gave us a temperature for space of 3K from starlight (heat) alone. It took big bangers decades to get the same temperature.

How did the CMB cool down so fast? We have heated gases in interstellar space at millions of degrees centigrade yet with nowhere to radiate heat to, it cooled down in 380,000 years so it became positively cold.

Forget GN-z11. The new record holder is HD1:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10694631/Astronomers-observe-distant-galaxy-spotted-study.html

Originally, big bangers said earliest galaxy about 800 million years after the BB and earliest SMBH about 1400 million years. But we keep finding older and older ones, disproving that statement, and I suspect that will continue as we get better telescopes.

The book of Genesis, sort of.

As some know,  the story of Adam and Eve has variations. One of these variations is the story of Adam & Steve, Lilith & Eve -- which some believe is a more modern interpretation of the book of Genesis.

Question: If Adam and Steve were gay, and if Lilith and Eve were gay, how were progeny created?

Answer:  They were all cheaters involving a great deal of Menage et Trois silk wine,. The grapes were grown, crushed, and distilled in the Garden of Eden.  Wine, using the same type and quality of grapes, distilled in the same patented way, is available now for only 8 bucks. This is the same quality red wine created by Jesus, starting with water. image.png:)

• Haha 2

The book of Genesis and the forbidden fruit

Reminisce and celebrate the original sin of Adam and Eve with your good Christian and Jewish (non kosher) friends by drinking several bottles of BlackTail Apple Wine, New York City's best,  2 liter bottles (13% alc.) now only $26.00 at Walmart.

Not recommended for groups of  atheists and agnostics since savoring the ecstasy of original sin might be lost, or worst, considered a joke or mockery.

image.png

BlackTailNYC.com

• Haha 1