Goodbye Jesus

Giving y'all a sneak preview of the binding spell I am working on

LeiaBryant

My goal is to bind all of the NIFB's hate to there church building, this is it so far.

I lay this curse upon this church for it's hate against the  LGBT+ community, misogyny, anti-semitism, ignorance and other bigotry. For with all of my witchcraft I bind all of your hate to the building you operate in.
In the words of Yeshua and your Bible, so mote it be: 

"the ignorant and unstable twist scripture to their own destruction" So may your buildings fail inspections, your cheap materials twist and give way under use as your own selfishness and bribery betray you. 

“At the cost of his firstborn shall he lay its foundation, and at the cost of his youngest son shall he set up its gates.” So may your buildings be sick with mold and may sewage back up into your sanctuary(nursery) as nature Herself rejects your dominion. 

"their paths are ruin and destruction" So may your grounds be filled with hazards: mudslides, sinkholes, termites, fire ants, yellowjackets, and all the powers of the earth utterly reject you. 

Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” So may your support columns crack and your cement crumble, may your foundations be set on the shifting sands as Yeshua disowns you. 

In the words of your own prophet: "this is no place to rest, because of uncleanness that destroys with a grievous destruction." So may it be. uncleanness that destroys with a grievous destruction." So mote it be.

• Super Moderator

Gee, sounds just like Jehovah.

• Like 2

With all the effort that went into writing that, do you think it will have any effect?

• Like 1

Nifty!

• Thanks 1

So now we could actually test the effectiveness of this magic spell by locating all NIFB churches, conducting investigations, and querying it's members.

My predictions is the null hypothesis: That is there will be no significant change in any of the testable factors from what is usually the case.

Wouldn't it be  better to simply make people walk away from their faith and leave the buildings intact for use of something else? Housing homeless or something? Seems to be an environmental crime to wish it to fall to rack and ruin. I'm half inclined to do an opposing spell jus to save the waste in resources!

I doth command the NIFB members to lose their faith and gift their buildings to good causes to help the needy and the homeless. To provide spaces for the benefit of a safe and welcoming society.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2020 at 2:12 AM, Weezer said:

With all the effort that went into writing that, do you think it will have any effect?

Once I actually cast the spell yes it will

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

So now we could actually test the effectiveness of this magic spell by locating all NIFB churches, conducting investigations, and querying it's members.

My predictions is the null hypothesis: That is there will be no significant change in any of the testable factors from what is usually the case.

Wouldn't it be  better to simply make people walk away from their faith and leave the buildings intact for use of something else? Housing homeless or something? Seems to be an environmental crime to wish it to fall to rack and ruin. I'm half inclined to do an opposing spell jus to save the waste in resources!

I doth command the NIFB members to lose their faith and gift their buildings to good causes to help the needy and the homeless. To provide spaces for the benefit of a safe and welcoming society.

That would violate the NIFB members free will and do harm to them by the striping of free will. I follow the wiccan rede "As ye harm none do as ye will" so I can't harm them or take away their free will because that is a form of harm.

On 5/31/2020 at 9:35 PM, florduh said:

Gee, sounds just like Jehovah.

That is kind of the idea

There's clearly a lot of anger here. I'm not saying it's unjustified,  but I'm not sure that actively leaning into it is the most helpful approach either. And that's all I'm going to say about that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

That would violate the NIFB members free will and do harm to them by the striping of free will. I follow the wiccan rede "As ye harm none do as ye will" so I can't harm them or take away their free will because that is a form of harm.

I tend to be of the opinion, in line with some influential thinkers, that free will is an illusion.

Thus if there is no free will it cannot be violated.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Once I actually cast the spell yes it will

Can you please tell us which NIFB churches you place the spell on? Or at least some of their building locations?

Then we can track what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good job with your preview, Leia. I'm sure your spell will do some good with regard to the NIFB monkeys.

:)

• Like 1

This isnt a science experiment thread. This is a magical thinking thread. In a subforum where magical thinking is promoted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, midniterider said:

This is a magical thinking thread. In a subforum where magical thinking is promoted. 

Yeah I forgot that we are supposed to encourage magical thinking, but never query it in this board.

/s

My honest opinion is that encouraging this thinking (Particularly with regards to the abuse Leia has suffered) does not, and will not actually help long term. I think it's unhealthy. 

(Note I'm note saying an attraction to magic is unhealthy per se Midnite. I think you have a very balanced approach, and that while I disagree, I can respect your views. You don't stray into territory where I start thinking that your thinking and behaviors are bordering on unhealthy long term.)

Hmm anyway I've said my piece. Each to their own I guess.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator
16 hours ago, midniterider said:

This isnt a science experiment thread. This is a magical thinking thread. In a subforum where magical thinking is promoted. 

I'm with Midnite on this one.  Leia is attempting to express some of her new, post-christian spirituality; and this is the proper forum for her to do so.  She is not attempting to preach, convert, or otherwise proselytize her newfound beliefs. 

Whatever our personal views on the subject, this forum is a safe haven for spiritual expression.  This forum is not for debate; and objective evidence for subjective belief is not required here.

Carry on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2020 at 8:58 AM, disillusioned said:

There's clearly a lot of anger here. I'm not saying it's unjustified,  but I'm not sure that actively leaning into it is the most helpful approach either. And that's all I'm going to say about that. 

However it's not the worst way that anger can be channeled. Last week I chatted with someone from my ex community who was wishing very concrete harm to others, having dreams of doing harm, and actively encouraging those in the church to commit suicide. 

I do not know if this behavior helps to process the feelings of anger, but it's apparent Leia has given some thought to the ethics of what she's doing. 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Regardless of the vengeful outlet for it, this obsession, this much anger, is toxic and should be dealt with through therapy. I've seen it destroy well meaning people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would like to encourage Leila to do some follow up to see if her curse actually works.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 8:58 AM, disillusioned said:

My goal in doing this is not driven by anger primarily but for love of people in my community like myself who these people hate. I do still have some anger but there's a difference between being angry and hating someone.

On 6/3/2020 at 7:22 AM, LogicalFallacy said:

Yeah I forgot that we are supposed to encourage magical thinking, but never query it in this board.

/s

My honest opinion is that encouraging this thinking (Particularly with regards to the abuse Leia has suffered) does not, and will not actually help long term. I think it's unhealthy. 

(Note I'm note saying an attraction to magic is unhealthy per se Midnite. I think you have a very balanced approach, and that while I disagree, I can respect your views. You don't stray into territory where I start thinking that your thinking and behaviors are bordering on unhealthy long term.)

Hmm anyway I've said my piece. Each to their own I guess.

I will let you know when I finally cast my spell a first trying to find a coven to join I don't want to do this thing alone.especially cuz I've never done something like this before and I'd like to have some with more experience there to help me.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

However it's not the worst way that anger can be channeled. Last week I chatted with someone from my ex community who was wishing very concrete harm to others, having dreams of doing harm, and actively encouraging those in the church to commit suicide. 

I do not know if this behavior helps to process the feelings of anger, but it's apparent Leia has given some thought to the ethics of what she's doing. 

Exactly I took the ethics of the situation into account.

15 hours ago, florduh said:

Regardless of the vengeful outlet for it, this obsession, this much anger, is toxic and should be dealt with through therapy. I've seen it destroy well meaning people.

This is about Justice not vengeance there's a difference Justice is proportional vengeance is not and I will see a therapist once this covid-19 bullshits over

12 hours ago, Weezer said:

I would like to encourage Leila to do some follow up to see if her curse actually works.

I will let you know when I actually cast the spell

17 hours ago, florduh said:

I agree. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 3:06 PM, TruthSeeker0 said:

I agree. 

I am going to see a therapist too. But I believe I have to heal the spiritual damage not just the mental

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.