Goodbye Jesus

Blind chance or god

LostinParis

30 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

Normal creature:

[Egg / gestation period] -> Born as a creature which grows to adulthood

Butterfly:

[Egg] -> Hatch as a creature which grows to adulthood -> Turns itself into a completely different creature which is more vulnerable to predators and has less food to eat

There are no evolutionary advantages to leaving adulthood of one form and changing in to another.

Evolution is true: Looks around, no Jesus here. 

Evolution is false: Looks around, no Jesus here. 

Keeps asking for Jesus to drop by , chat or visit. Nothing. 

1 minute ago, Hierophant said:

So T-Rex was in the garden eating....watermelons with those big teeth? Death was around way before any modern human, get over yourself.

You are not taking Genesis literally, that is a no no. If they have to eat of the tree of life to live forever, then does that not imply they are not immortal?

I love the fact that you pump yourself up in your ignorance and arrogance. God's special gnostic; the chosen one of revelation.

It's an ego thing with you, isn't it?

But to address your question, Adam & Eve were placed in a special paradise garden which was watered plentifully, they were to tend the garden as caretakers. Full of beautiful trees and plants. The purpose of their creation was to be loved by God, God Himself walked in the garden with them, in the 'cool of the shade'.

If you want to imagine it as some kind of chaotic Jurassic park that's your problem. I like to think of it having a few sheep in it, lots of birds and creatures like that. A peaceful place.

Actually, people don't need food to stay alive if they are in the presence and grace of God. Moses for example didn't drink water for 40 days when up on mount Sinai. Impossible according to scientists but it still happened. I know it's possible to go 40 days without food because I've done it myself but I had to pray for God to heal my symptoms. Apparently I defied medical science. This is one of the things that makes me think about the tree of life. If being in the presence and grace of God sustains life, what is the point of the fruit? It's a mystery to me.

• Super Moderator

I thought God was a spirit? Walking around in a garden sounds very anthropomorphic (unless NT theology makes us not take that literally)....almost like the earliest writings in the Torah portray a very human-like idea of God. It's a mystery!

• Like 1

• Admin
13 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

Adam & Eve were placed in a special paradise garden which was watered...

It's mythology, and just like any ancient mythology, it contains no real truth. Mythology just helps simple people living in an ignorant time feel they have some measure of understanding regarding their violent and harsh world.

Nowadays trying to use ancient  mythology to explain reality is silly. 

20 minutes ago, webmdave said:

The absence of a total and complete knowledge or understanding of anything in nature does not by default prove that Jesus is the incarnate son of Jehovah God. All you demonstrate by your arguments is the unfortunate weakness of current public education. 

Nor do Ex-Christians worship evolution or feel that is the infallible word of Darwin. I dont have to ignore what I see in reality if it contradicts what Darwin says. I dont have to make up some ludicrous bullshit ( Satan's lies) to reconcile reality with evolution. Evolution is a theory that can be modified, edited or tossed out if some other theory fits the evidence better. 

I certainly dont have to defend evolution. It aint my religion. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SilentVoice said:

Don't worry, the big bang theory will change next year and you'll have to learn all the important buzzwords again to appear smarter than everyone else.

SilentVoice's poorly-executed attempt to deflect attention from the fact that, despite his claims, he doesn't really understand the big bang or modern cosmology.

When someone claims to understand something and then demonstrate that they don't, it's dishonest to blame anyone but themselves.

The fault lies squarely with SV, first for making a claim he couldn't back up and secondly for trying to hide his inadequacy with a deflection.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Like 1

Just now, WalterP said:

SilentVoice's poorly-executed attempt to deflect attention from the fact that, despite his claims, he doesn't really understand the big bang or modern cosmology.

When someone claims to understand something and then demonstrate that they don't, it's dishonest to blame anyone but themselves.

The fault lies squarely with SV, first for making a claim he couldn't back up and secondly for trying to hide his inadequacy with a deflection.

Thank you.

Walter.

Pretty sure I got it right. At least that's what all the science articles I read said. All matter was condensed into a tiny space and "exploded" outwards. That "nothing" exploded because nothing existed, except potentiality itself. And it was a quantum fluctuation. I'm sure they've updated the terminology now but it's still nonsensical space magic and frankly doesn't interest me.

12 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

Pretty sure I got it right. At least that's what all the science articles I read said. All matter was condensed into a tiny space and "exploded" outwards. That "nothing" exploded because nothing existed, except potentiality itself. And it was a quantum fluctuation. I'm sure they've updated the terminology now but it's still nonsensical space magic and frankly doesn't interest me.

What you've just described SV are the quantum origins of Inflationary theory, which is now incorporated into the Lambda Cold Dark Matter model.

Fyi, the LCDM model is NOT the big bang theory and it's just wrong to try and and pass one off as the other.

In science, precision and attention to detail are paramount.

But if you are insufficiently interested in the workings of science, then its no wonder you make these mistakes.

Hiding behind the smokescreen of changing terminology is no excuse either.

If you claim to understand something then the onus is upon you to get the details and the terminology right.

You didn't.

Walter.

9 hours ago, SilentVoice said:

Amino acids are the building blocks of life which broken down by hydrochloric acid, the early Earth atmosphere in an abiogenesis model would be highly toxic consisting of an atmosphere of hydrochloric acid and lakes of it. Your stomach (yes, YOURS) uses hydrocholoric acid to break down amino acids). Life cannot come in to existence in an environment that is antithetical to it.

I just proved that Abiogenesis is false. You still believe it. You are lost.

If Hydrochloric acid eats all flesh why aren't we dissolving from the inside out?

If life cannot live in an environment that is toxic/acidic why do we find life forms teeming around volcanic vents?

" the microbial life found at hydrothermal vents are chemosynthetic; they fix carbon by using energy from chemicals such as sulfide, as opposed to light energy from the sun. In other words, the symbiont converts inorganic molecules (H2S, CO2, O) to organic molecules that the host then uses as nutrition. However, sulfide is an extremely toxic substance to most life on Earth. For this reason, scientists were astounded when they first found hydrothermal vents teeming with life in 1977."

4 hours ago, SilentVoice said:

Butterflies have WORSE survival prospects. You have failed once again to defend your stupid theories.

The very fact there are billions of butterflies seems to fly in the face of them struggling to survive.  A creature going from larval stage to adult is very common in the insect world, with everything from flies, bees, wasps and beetles doing this.  One immediate advantage is flight.  You have your larva consume the food source around it, but with its limited mobility it struggles to reach a new source of food.  However turn at that point into a flying creature and suddenly you can reach food sources that are many miles distant.  Staying on the same tree that is swarming with larva and all the leaves will be consumed and everyone dies.  Change your food type to something you haven't just wiped out and you have a higher chance of finding it abundant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why did God put the tree of knowledge in the garden of eden? And why did he make adam and eve hungry for knowledge? Surely he knew that they would eat from it...? He CAN see the future...right?

(I ask a lot of "why" questions. It's why I'm a "heathen").

I am reminded of something I heard on Star Trek years ago.  "Resistance is futile." 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WalterP said:

What you've just described SV are the quantum origins of Inflationary theory, which is now incorporated into the Lambda Cold Dark Matter model.

Fyi, the LCDM model is NOT the big bang theory and it's just wrong to try and and pass one off as the other.

In science, precision and attention to detail are paramount.

But if you are insufficiently interested in the workings of science, then its no wonder you make these mistakes.

Hiding behind the smokescreen of changing terminology is no excuse either.

If you claim to understand something then the onus is upon you to get the details and the terminology right.

You didn't.

Walter.

And, none of this amounts to a fixed beginning which is the biggest point. The source material doesn't have a beginning.

He doesn't seem to understand the Hawking / Penrose singularity theory or it's falsification in the 1990's. Or the past eternal issues facing inflation that I was following with BAA. Let alone his conflating inflation with the BBT and the rest of his confusions that you rightly point out. 

But of course this comes as no big surprise. Christians are generally lacking in comprehensive knowledge and understanding when it comes to contradictory evidences and theories to their pet beliefs. Once they obtain that sort of comprehension, it usually means that they've moved beyond the christian mindset and are opening out to the world outside of the dark cave their minds were previously stuck in......

8 hours ago, SilentVoice said:

You have failed once again to defend your stupid theories.

This coming from someone who has failed to defend his magical mythological beliefs with any credible evidence.

Wonder if he's an anti-vaxxer? Seems to have jumped on board all the other conspiracy wagons... 

5 minutes ago, Wertbag said:

Wonder if he's an anti-vaxxer? Seems to have jumped on board all the other conspiracy wagons... 

Probably. A real fruity bat I'd say.

Meanwhile last night I watched a space station repair live... but apparently it's all fake. 

Just now, SilentVoice said:

You are utterly failing to explain the evolutionary purpose in question.

What purpose?  I clearly said that there isn't a purpose.  There is only an effect.

(adds reading comprehension to the growing list of things SV needs to learn)

Just now, freshstart said:

This coming from someone who has failed to defend his magical mythological beliefs with any credible evidence.

Ah, but if SV actually thought about his beliefs he might start doubting them, and forfeit the eternal life that he never had in the first place.  :lmao:

4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Probably. A real fruity bat I'd say.

Meanwhile last night I watched a space station repair live... but apparently it's all fake. 

Let me know if you see any insects buzzing around the cameras, or bubbles escaping from helmets. That would be funny.

12 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

Let me know if you see any insects buzzing around the cameras, or bubbles escaping from helmets. That would be funny.

Yeah, combine that with your working flat earth map and model and you'll actually have something that makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, Wertbag said:

Yeah, combine that with your working flat earth map and model and you'll actually have something that makes sense. 

Last night I came across a bunch of funny videos about NASA. One of them was an engineer or something, explaining that we 'can't leave low Earth orbit'. Another video of an 'astronaut' saying she's excited for the possibility of NASA being able to leave low earth Orbit and go to the moon. Another video of Neil Armstrong admitting to a little kid that they didn't go to the moon but he wants to know what it was that prevented it. Oh, and the video where they admitted that they lost the flight telemetry data and their technology was so old that they can't replicate it any more, so they no longer have the ability to go to the moon.

Are you guys sure you don't want to buy some magic beans? Real cheap.

https://flatearthtube.com/moon-landings-hoax-puppets-on-a-string/

37 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

Last night I came across a bunch of funny videos about NASA. One of them was an engineer or something, explaining that we 'can't leave low Earth orbit'.

I'll bet a million dollars the people who think this is a 'confession' about flat earth have severe comprehension problems.

Another video of an 'astronaut' saying she's excited for the possibility of NASA being able to leave low earth Orbit and go to the moon.

I'll bet a million dollars the people who think this is a 'confession' about flat earth have severe comprehension problems.

Another video of Neil Armstrong admitting to a little kid that they didn't go to the moon but he wants to know what it was that prevented it.

Seen this one. Anyone who thinks he's saying they didn't go to the moon is pulling crap out their mouth... also I'll bet a million dollars the people who think this is a 'confession' about flat earth have severe comprehension problems.

Oh, and the video where they admitted that they lost the flight telemetry data and their technology was so old that they can't replicate it any more, so they no longer have the ability to go to the moon.

40 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Seen this one. Anyone who thinks he's saying they didn't go to the moon is pulling crap out their mouth... also I'll bet a million dollars the people who think this is a 'confession' about flat earth have severe comprehension problems.

The Earth doesn't have to be any particular shape for me to point out the stupidity of believing NASA. By refusing to acknowledge the deceit and stupidity you aren't in a position to come to truth. Neil Armstrong is struggling to live with the guilt of deceiving people. He's telling people they didn't go to the moon while comforting himself with the hope that one day they might, and that they pretended for 'the greater good'.

Do you have the link to the whole video with the quote in context? Because, again I will bet 1 million dollars he is talking about how the earth, currently is our only home. We can't leave the earth and go and live on another planet, because we don't have a suitable one, and the distances are too far.

But like most Christians and flat earthers you cherry pick and quote mine without providing context.

Just now, LogicalFallacy said:

Do you have the link to the whole video with the quote in context? Because, again I will bet 1 million dollars he is talking about how the earth, currently is our only home. We can't leave the earth and go and live on another planet, because we don't have a suitable one, and the distances are too far.

But like most Christians and flat earthers you cherry pick and quote mine without providing context.

No I just found the video in Youtube recommendations. Bill Nye the Bachelor of Engineering Guy just admitted that we can't leave Earth. Maybe he should have said 'except to go to the moon'.

But even if you were right, so what? These are the same type of people tweeting anti-Christian memes and telling everyone that one day we'll have space colonies everywhere. Why are they pushing for Mars colonization but also saying we can't leave Earth? 'We can't leave Earth, it is a closed system' is not the same thing as 'We do not yet have the capability to be a vast space-faring empire like we push in science fiction'.

4 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

But even if you were right, so what? These are the same type of people tweeting anti-Christian memes and telling everyone that one day we'll have space colonies everywhere. Why are they pushing for Mars colonization but also saying we can't leave Earth? 'We can't leave Earth, it is a closed system' is not the same thing as 'We do not yet have the capability to be a vast space-faring empire like we push in science fiction'.

You you know what the words "context" and "comprehension" mean?

If not then we are wasting time. You don't have the full video, you don't know the context, you've merely taken one video with one short quote (Which we assume actually is Bill Nye) and because it fits with your belief you think it agrees with you. You really need to study critical thinking.