Goodbye Jesus

Example: Human behaviour from today and in the OT proves bible god is not real

Steviejay

22 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

I tried reading the Koran to disprove it but as I turned the first page I was attacked by a demon. I've been attacked quite a few times by them actually. One time was very scary, it literally forced my voice out of me, it tried to get me to say "there is no god but *llah". Fortunately I was able to rebuke them in Jesus' name. As soon as you use the name of Jesus, they panic. They do everything in their power to close your mouth to stop you from sending them to hell. A good analogy would be the scene in the Matrix when Neo had his mouth closed.

How do you KNOW it was a demon. Allah might of been telling you that he is the only true god. Jesus could be a demon inside of you but he has deceived you and you believe what he says

To billions Allah is the true god. maybe Allah was warning you that you need to be saved by him

just saying...that's all

Personally I don't think it happened but i'm sure you could prove me wrong...maybe

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

Last post for today...

You claim that Christians try to defend the faith but you're offering up absurd alternatives. An exploding asteroid containing pure elements that happens to explode over a particular city and has fragments hot enough to melt the rocks. Yeah OK. It would be great if we had geologists in here to share their professional opinions and tell us about any other site hit by meteorites or asteroids that melted rock. Or mathematicians to tell us the odds of an asteroid breaking up (in atmospheric entry?) and raining down a frenzy of a pure element on a single city and avoiding the rest of the middle East.

Neither of us were born yesterday.

What did I just tell you, I said "I DON'T KNOW." I literally went to great lengths to tell you I have not read about it enough to give you a great answer. You asked if there was an explanation and I found something within a few seconds. I did not say that is how it went down, I just gave you what you asked for.

You are right, we should ask a geologist. How about that, seeking out an expert opinion when you do not know the answer...that is a good starting point. I would like to know myself, but I will tell you, the default answer is not "God did it." If you want to claim that, you have to demonstrate it. If you can demonstrate it, I will believe it. Right now your answer is, "The Bible Told Me So," and that is not going to cut it. Truth is, there may not be an answer and we just have to chuck it into the category of unexplained. Does not mean it cannot be explained, it simply means we do not know yet.

On a side note, why do you find that alternative explanation so far fetched? You talk like that is in the realm of impossible? Would it not be better to consult with a astrophysicist or cosmologist before throwing that answer out the window. Better yet, it would be better if we took the evidence, then tried to build a theory based on the evidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilentVoice said:

Excuse me but I haven't threatened anyone with hell...

Well, it certainly wasn't your make-believe god who did the typing.

I hold you personally responsible for uttering threats with the express intention of attempting to scare us back into your immoral and demented undead-god-on-a-stick cult.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Astreja said:

I hold you personally responsible for uttering threats with the express intention of attempting to scare us back into your immoral and demented undead-god-on-a-stick cult.

Don't be scared. All the evidence of a craply written bible and the complete lack of evidence for "jesus and his cross image" shows how utterly fake it all is. there is nothing very JUST in the bible so it's not written by the perfect creator. more likely it was written to control and hurt people. remember the world is flat with it's 4 corners and to the ENDS and EDGE of the earth and it has a dome of water above it. One LIE and the book can never be claimed ever as TRUTH and the flat earth PROVES the book has a LIE in it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SilentVoice said:

Sinai is in Arabia.

Sinai is in Egypt.

2 hours ago, SilentVoice said:

Excuse me but I haven't threatened anyone with hell and I don't recall using that word until just now. And it's a little ironic that someone who has gone his own way is accusing me of telling people that things have to be my way or the highway. Honestly all I did was sympathize with you and tell you that faith is pleasing to God.

There is a voice inside you telling you not to call out to Jesus, pulling at you. That voice isn't your own.

May God help you all.

So, Silent do you believe that people who don't love Jesus will eventually go to Hell, for eternal punishment?

• Super Moderator

An exploding asteroid containing pure elements that happens to explode over a particular city and has fragments hot enough to melt the rocks. Yeah OK. It would be great if we had geologists in here to share their professional opinions and tell us about any other site hit by meteorites or asteroids that melted rock. Or mathematicians to tell us the odds of an asteroid breaking up (in atmospheric entry?) and raining down a frenzy of a pure element on a single city and avoiding the rest of the middle East.

@Bhim, this would be somewhere near your area of expertise, would it not?

• Thanks 2

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, SilentVoice said:

The Holy Spirit is Jesus' spirit. He is with us. RedneckProfessor's heart has been hardened.

I'll schedule an appointment with my cardiologist; but, honestly, I feel fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Last post for today...

You claim that Christians try to defend the faith but you're offering up absurd alternatives. An exploding asteroid containing pure elements that happens to explode over a particular city and has fragments hot enough to melt the rocks. Yeah OK. It would be great if we had geologists in here to share their professional opinions and tell us about any other site hit by meteorites or asteroids that melted rock. Or mathematicians to tell us the odds of an asteroid breaking up (in atmospheric entry?) and raining down a frenzy of a pure element on a single city and avoiding the rest of the middle East.

Where are the remains of this city that your god allegedly smote?  Simple enough to go there, collect samples and analyze them.

Disclaimer:  I am not a professional geologist, but I am a citizen scientist astronomer with a lifelong interest in geology and collecting rock samples.

• Thanks 1

An exploding asteroid containing pure elements that happens to explode over a particular city and has fragments hot enough to melt the rocks. Yeah OK. It would be great if we had geologists in here to share their professional opinions and tell us about any other site hit by meteorites or asteroids that melted rock. Or mathematicians to tell us the odds of an asteroid breaking up (in atmospheric entry?) and raining down a frenzy of a pure element on a single city and avoiding the rest of the middle East.

Would an amateur astronomer be up to the task?   :wave:

I know of certain websites that give information about asteroids, their composition and what happens when they impact planets.

But there are two points that SilentVoice needs to clarify first, before I can attempt to tackle this issue.

SV needs to clarify what he means by 'pure elements'.  If the word 'pure' refers to anything outside the remit of scientific investigation, then science can say nothing about this.

Science recognizes only 94 naturally occurring elements.  If SV means anything other than these, then, once again, science can say nothing about this.

So, providing SilentVoice's clarification of these points falls within the scope of what science can investigate, we might be able to proceed.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Seems to be something that could be covered from multiple angles, and I don't know that I'm more or less qualified than any other physicist to answer this, unless someone has done research specifically in the area of asteroid impacts. On the one hand, I'd assume that an asteroid's "time to breakup" scales with the square of its radius (or diameter, if you prefer). On the other hand, the freefall time of a body increases with the square of the radius (assuming constant density). So my guess is you can equate the time to breakup with the freefall time, and determine what is the maximum size of an astroid before it will fail to breakup.

To be clear, I don't believe Sodom was destroyed by an asteroid, because this would require us to believe that Sodom existed, and I don't know that this has been established yet. Honestly I'm surprised a Christian objects to this explanation, since he could then say that God used an asteroid to enact his judgment. But the article in question mentions the Chelyabinsk asteroid from 2013 as an example of a similar event. The wikipedia page gives a good description of the resulting airburst. If @SilentVoice reads even the first couple paragraphs of this article, and I would guess he'd find it somewhat convincing. Whether he would admit it to us or not is another story. My guess is that his belief in the fake deity Jesus is going to make him too proud to admit when he's wrong. That was certainly the case with me, as a Christian.

• Thanks 2

Last post for today...

Um...OK. So first of all, assuming "pure elements" refers to elemental matter rather than chemical compounds, what does this have to do with anything? Do you think that "pure elements" have greater destructive power than chemical compounds in the context of a ballistic projectile? Setting that aside, it sounds to me like you are using the rhetorical technique of deliberately phrasing an argument in a manner so as to portray it as absurd. Like this:

"You claim that the earth orbits a stationary sun? This despite that any casual observer can visiblly see the sun trace a path through the sky on a daily basis? It is well known that in any non-inertial reference frame, observers feel fictitious forces, and yet if I stand still, I feel no such force. If what you say is true, then at night I should be lifted off the surface of the earth because of the centrifugal pseudoforce I feel in the earth's reference frame. Neither of us was born yesterday. This is patently absurd."

Now @SilentVoice, I have a well-known prejudice against Christians, so I'm sorry if I'm misjudging you here. But it sounds like you're not interested in good faith debate. You can't dispute well-known facts and expect us to rebuild all of Western philosophy for you from the axioms. If I tell you that gravity does indeed provide enough energy to cause an asteroid to destroy a city, your response cannot be "you expect me to believe in an invisible force that pulls objects to earth?" Logically speaking you're entitled to do that, but you are questioning well-established facts that have been proven over numerous centuries, and no one is interested in taking the time to give you a four year education in physics. Personally I have much more fun debating @TheRedneckProfessor and trying to convince him that systemic racism is a myth.

But hey, have it your way. I don't think Sodom ever existed, so like you I also disregard the asteroid hypothesis.

• Thanks 2

@SilentVoice we've had a quality control problem with the Christians coming in here of late. Most of the recent ones sounded like they had severe learning disabilities or were posting while under the influence of hallucinagenic substances. I have high hopes you'll be one of the smart ones. Don't disappoint me!

BTW @WalterP re. the "pure elements" thing. As far as I know, that is not a term of art in geology. It sound vaguely reminscient of Kent Hovind-style dialect. If so, I'm rather disappointed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Can we agree that there is objective truth and subjective truth?

For example, you haven't seen the damage done to Sodom, so it isn't real to you. You can call that subjective truth, I guess. Where as objective truth would be that God destroyed Sodom by raining down golf ball-sized chunks of pure sulphur down on the whole city, heating the rocks to several thousand degrees to cause them to flake and the site is preserved even to this day and you can go there and pick up those chunks of sulphur for yourself, even though you might not believe me or even have a look on Youtube for people actually doing that.

You guys like to ask for physical 'real' proof but it's kind of fruitless when you keep moving goal posts and won't acknowledge what is in front of you.

http://www.csun.edu/~vcgeo005/Sodom.pdf

Why dont you be quiet and let the god that you worship do the speaking. He 'can' speak without you, right? 

28 minutes ago, Bhim said:

@SilentVoice we've had a quality control problem with the Christians coming in here of late.

That made me LOL. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Why dont you be quiet and let the god that you worship do the speaking. He 'can' speak without you, right? 

What I'm about to say is one of the more puerile arguments against Christianity, but ever notice how God is less interactive in the New Testament?

@SilentVoice I just saw your post about objective and subjective truth. No, I would not stipulate to this. I did some Googling and it looks like a.) your definition of subjective truth is wrong and b.) the notion of subjective truth requires one to be a philosophical empiricist, i.e. to believe that truth consists only of what we observe with our senses. Even if I go by your definition, you are claiming that truths gleaned from sensory experience and truths gained from others' accounts are substantively different. That's just not the case. Is Trenton, NJ somehow not real to me because I've never been there? We've known about things we haven't experienced since we have had language. Again, you're trying to argue directly from the axioms here.

29 minutes ago, Bhim said:

@SilentVoice we've had a quality control problem with the Christians coming in here of late. Most of the recent ones sounded like they had severe learning disabilities or were posting while under the influence of hallucinagenic substances. I have high hopes you'll be one of the smart ones. Don't disappoint me!

BTW @WalterP re. the "pure elements" thing. As far as I know, that is not a term of art in geology. It sound vaguely reminscient of Kent Hovind-style dialect. If so, I'm rather disappointed.

Hi Bhim. :)

I suspect that SV may be using the term 'pure' in a religious/theological context.  That is, untainted by sin.  If he is, then science has nothing to say about the supernatural.

But, if he's talking about some aspect of the chemical purity of naturally-occurring elements, then perhaps we can proceed.

Thank you.

Walter.

@WalterP ah I see. Yes, you are correct. If pure means untainted by sin, then there's nothing useful for us to discuss here. Also, he would have stolen the concept from the Greek notion that there was a "celestial" fifth element of which all heavenly bodies were comprised. But it sounds more like something that creationists and other Christian "science" types say to sound smart. Maybe they're not doing it on purpose, but the use of an ill-defined lexicon adds a layer of obfuscation that makes conversation that much more difficult.

Just now, Bhim said:

@WalterP ah I see. Yes, you are correct. If pure means untainted by sin, then there's nothing useful for us to discuss here. Also, he would have stolen the concept from the Greek notion that there was a "celestial" fifth element of which all heavenly bodies were comprised. But it sounds more like something that creationists and other Christian "science" types say to sound smart. Maybe they're not doing it on purpose, but the use of an ill-defined lexicon adds a layer of obfuscation that makes conversation that much more difficult.

Indeed.

We need to make sure that SV is using scientific terms, words and definitions in the proper way.

After all, if he wants to invoke science to support his assertions, then he has to play by the rules of science.

Thank you.

Walter.

1 minute ago, WalterP said:

Indeed.

We need to make sure that SV is using scientific terms, words and definitions in the proper way.

After all, if he wants to invoke science to support his assertions, then he has to play by the rules of science.

All true, but I think it's more basic than that. We need to make sure we're speaking the same language. If you and I say "element" we mean the distinct atomic configurations, parameterized by atomic number and atomic mass. When he says "element" and means something different than us, there's no point conversing. In programming terms, this would be namespace pollution, i.e. calling two different functions that have the same name.

2 minutes ago, Bhim said:

All true, but I think it's more basic than that. We need to make sure we're speaking the same language. If you and I say "element" we mean the distinct atomic configurations, parameterized by atomic number and atomic mass. When he says "element" and means something different than us, there's no point conversing. In programming terms, this would be namespace pollution, i.e. calling two different functions that have the same name.

Agreed.

However, it was SV who first raised the topic of an asteroid destroying a city. 

If he wants to support this notion with scientific evidence then he cannot bring faith into the equation.

There is no room for faith in science.

Science is agnostic on all matters of faith, religion and the supernatural.

If he deviates from the strictly agnostic scientific line, then, as you say, there's no point in conversing.

Thank you.

Walter.

4 hours ago, Steviejay said:

How do you KNOW it was a demon. Allah might of been telling you that he is the only true god. Jesus could be a demon inside of you but he has deceived you and you believe what he says

To billions Allah is the true god. maybe Allah was warning you that you need to be saved by him

just saying...that's all

Personally I don't think it happened but i'm sure you could prove me wrong...maybe

If *llah was god then Jesus wouldn't be higher. A god wouldn't allow anything lower have power over them to rebuke them. So the Koran can't be true because it claims that Jesus is not God or the Son, and yet Jesus and His name have power over *llah.

4 hours ago, Hierophant said:

What did I just tell you, I said "I DON'T KNOW." I literally went to great lengths to tell you I have not read about it enough to give you a great answer. You asked if there was an explanation and I found something within a few seconds. I did not say that is how it went down, I just gave you what you asked for.

You are right, we should ask a geologist. How about that, seeking out an expert opinion when you do not know the answer...that is a good starting point. I would like to know myself, but I will tell you, the default answer is not "God did it." If you want to claim that, you have to demonstrate it. If you can demonstrate it, I will believe it. Right now your answer is, "The Bible Told Me So," and that is not going to cut it. Truth is, there may not be an answer and we just have to chuck it into the category of unexplained. Does not mean it cannot be explained, it simply means we do not know yet.

On a side note, why do you find that alternative explanation so far fetched? You talk like that is in the realm of impossible? Would it not be better to consult with a astrophysicist or cosmologist before throwing that answer out the window. Better yet, it would be better if we took the evidence, then tried to build a theory based on the evidence.

You desperately threw an absurd alternative explanation at me because you refuse to glorify God. Of course you know, you're just being rebellious. "There may not be an answer". You can't even be honest with yourself, how am I supposed to take you seriously? Even if the answer was a natural geological phenomena, it's still an answer. But as you'll eventually concede, God did it.

4 hours ago, Astreja said:

Can you please show me any post in my post history where I've threatened anyone with hell? Maybe you misread or misinterpreted something I said.

2 hours ago, midniterider said:

Sinai is in Egypt.

For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children
2 hours ago, midniterider said:

So, Silent do you believe that people who don't love Jesus will eventually go to Hell, for eternal punishment?

I think you're fortunate because Jesus said that all sins will be forgiven except the only truly wicked sin of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit. I don't know what the judgement will be like if I'm honest, I'm not a judge.

2 hours ago, Astreja said:

Where are the remains of this city that your god allegedly smote?  Simple enough to go there, collect samples and analyze them.

Disclaimer:  I am not a professional geologist, but I am a citizen scientist astronomer with a lifelong interest in geology and collecting rock samples.

I did a search a few minutes ago and found plenty of pictures and videos. Even someone selling chunks of Sodom's brimstone on ebay/etsy. How about that? You could buy yourself a chunk of proof of your very own, hold it in your hands and then move the goal posts and claim that it's just a stupid chunk of rock formed in a volcano.

1 hour ago, WalterP said:

Would an amateur astronomer be up to the task?   :wave:

I know of certain websites that give information about asteroids, their composition and what happens when they impact planets.

But there are two points that SilentVoice needs to clarify first, before I can attempt to tackle this issue.

SV needs to clarify what he means by 'pure elements'.  If the word 'pure' refers to anything outside the remit of scientific investigation, then science can say nothing about this.

Science recognizes only 94 naturally occurring elements.  If SV means anything other than these, then, once again, science can say nothing about this.

So, providing SilentVoice's clarification of these points falls within the scope of what science can investigate, we might be able to proceed.

Thank you.

Walter.

1) I mean a solid chunk of an element on the periodic table the size of a fist (at the largest) with no impurities, not ore, not something that has to be smelted or refined, for example solid gold.

2) N/A

1 hour ago, Bhim said:

Seems to be something that could be covered from multiple angles, and I don't know that I'm more or less qualified than any other physicist to answer this, unless someone has done research specifically in the area of asteroid impacts. On the one hand, I'd assume that an asteroid's "time to breakup" scales with the square of its radius (or diameter, if you prefer). On the other hand, the freefall time of a body increases with the square of the radius (assuming constant density). So my guess is you can equate the time to breakup with the freefall time, and determine what is the maximum size of an astroid before it will fail to breakup.

To be clear, I don't believe Sodom was destroyed by an asteroid, because this would require us to believe that Sodom existed, and I don't know that this has been established yet. Honestly I'm surprised a Christian objects to this explanation, since he could then say that God used an asteroid to enact his judgment. But the article in question mentions the Chelyabinsk asteroid from 2013 as an example of a similar event. The wikipedia page gives a good description of the resulting airburst. If @SilentVoice reads even the first couple paragraphs of this article, and I would guess he'd find it somewhat convincing. Whether he would admit it to us or not is another story. My guess is that his belief in the fake deity Jesus is going to make him too proud to admit when he's wrong. That was certainly the case with me, as a Christian.

The only thing I found interesting in that article is the force of air burst in asteroids. The article admits that the large majority of kinetic energy is absorbed by atmosphere, not impact. That asteroid impacted debris over 100km. A small city is would have been a small % of that area. Nowhere in the article does it note any extraordinary properties to set the earth on fire, melt rocks, nor does it contain anything about sulphur chunks or even any solid elements being left behind. In fact, it showed a picture of a chunk of asteroid containing an average-looking rock full of various elements in the usual veins and patterns.

1 hour ago, Bhim said:

Um...OK. So first of all, assuming "pure elements" refers to elemental matter rather than chemical compounds, what does this have to do with anything? Do you think that "pure elements" have greater destructive power than chemical compounds in the context of a ballistic projectile? Setting that aside, it sounds to me like you are using the rhetorical technique of deliberately phrasing an argument in a manner so as to portray it as absurd. Like this:

"You claim that the earth orbits a stationary sun? This despite that any casual observer can visiblly see the sun trace a path through the sky on a daily basis? It is well known that in any non-inertial reference frame, observers feel fictitious forces, and yet if I stand still, I feel no such force. If what you say is true, then at night I should be lifted off the surface of the earth because of the centrifugal pseudoforce I feel in the earth's reference frame. Neither of us was born yesterday. This is patently absurd."

Now @SilentVoice, I have a well-known prejudice against Christians, so I'm sorry if I'm misjudging you here. But it sounds like you're not interested in good faith debate. You can't dispute well-known facts and expect us to rebuild all of Western philosophy for you from the axioms. If I tell you that gravity does indeed provide enough energy to cause an asteroid to destroy a city, your response cannot be "you expect me to believe in an invisible force that pulls objects to earth?" Logically speaking you're entitled to do that, but you are questioning well-established facts that have been proven over numerous centuries, and no one is interested in taking the time to give you a four year education in physics. Personally I have much more fun debating @TheRedneckProfessor and trying to convince him that systemic racism is a myth.

But hey, have it your way. I don't think Sodom ever existed, so like you I also disregard the asteroid hypothesis.

What do you mean by destroy? The article provided in this thread said that it cost quite a lot of money to repair some roofs and other buildings. It also said that they rushed to repair things in freezing temperatures (so the asteroid didn't superheat the area at all... interesting). So apparently, a 20m rock weighing more than the Eiffel tower doesn't contain enough kinetic energy to DESTROY a city at all, just knock down a few buildings. @ me when you read an article where an asteroid can turn a small city in to flakes.

33 minutes ago, Bhim said:

What I'm about to say is one of the more puerile arguments against Christianity, but ever notice how God is less interactive in the New Testament?

@SilentVoice I just saw your post about objective and subjective truth. No, I would not stipulate to this. I did some Googling and it looks like a.) your definition of subjective truth is wrong and b.) the notion of subjective truth requires one to be a philosophical empiricist, i.e. to believe that truth consists only of what we observe with our senses. Even if I go by your definition, you are claiming that truths gleaned from sensory experience and truths gained from others' accounts are substantively different. That's just not the case. Is Trenton, NJ somehow not real to me because I've never been there? We've known about things we haven't experienced since we have had language. Again, you're trying to argue directly from the axioms here.

"Is Trenton, NJ somehow not real to me because I've never been there?"

I don't know, you tell me. I've never been there. This may be a trick question, it could be in a different state, or there could be multiple Trenton towns, or it might be a made-up name.

"I don't think Sodom ever existed"

Well the Word of God is preserved for us, and you can look for yourself there are physical remains there. Unless you say that cartographers, historians and all the people who go there to document the rubble are involved in a plot to mislead you and scare you in to joining the church.

30 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Hi Bhim. :)

I suspect that SV may be using the term 'pure' in a religious/theological context.  That is, untainted by sin.  If he is, then science has nothing to say about the supernatural.

But, if he's talking about some aspect of the chemical purity of naturally-occurring elements, then perhaps we can proceed.

Thank you.

Walter.

No, literal elements.

25 minutes ago, Bhim said:

Literal elements.

sodom125.jpg

5 hours ago, Steviejay said:

Typical arrogant Christian... My way or you're going to the highway (to Hell)

No proof, No evidence, from a senseless book but he still claims we are decieved and he has the monopoly on truth

I'm glad I'm not one of them anymore. i'm ashamed that I believed it once (but only for 2 whole weeks until i saw the light)

Poster SilentVoice is deeply infected with the Christian God Virus from indoctrination, quite likely since childhood.  His brain is now miswired.  He appears incapable of rational thought, evidence based analysis, intellectual honesty or curiosity.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

If *llah was god then Jesus wouldn't be higher. A god wouldn't allow anything lower have power over them to rebuke them. So the Koran can't be true because it claims that Jesus is not God or the Son, and yet Jesus and His name have power over *llah.

What was a demon doing inside of you anyway. 

• Haha 1

Natural occurrence

32S is created inside massive stars, at a depth where the temperature exceeds 2.5×109 K, by the fusion of one nucleus of silicon plus one nucleus of helium.[13] As this nuclear reaction is part of the alpha process that produces elements in abundance, sulfur is the 10th most common element in the universe.

Sulfur, usually as sulfide, is present in many types of meteorites. Ordinary chondrites contain on average 2.1% sulfur, and carbonaceous chondrites may contain as much as 6.6%. It is normally present as troilite (FeS), but there are exceptions, with carbonaceous chondrites containing free sulfur, sulfates and other sulfur compounds.[14] The distinctive colors of Jupiter's volcanic moon Io are attributed to various forms of molten, solid, and gaseous sulfur.[15]

It is the fifth most common element by mass in the Earth. Elemental sulfur can be found near hot springs and volcanic regions in many parts of the world, especially along the Pacific Ring of Fire; such volcanic deposits are currently mined in Indonesia, Chile, and Japan. These deposits are polycrystalline, with the largest documented single crystal measuring 22×16×11 cm.[16] Historically, Sicily was a major source of sulfur in the Industrial Revolution.[17] Lakes of molten sulfur up to ~200 m in diameter have been found on the sea floor, associated with submarine volcanoes, at depths where the boiling point of water is higher than the melting point of sulfur.[18]

Native sulfur is synthesised by anaerobic bacteria acting on sulfate minerals such as gypsum in salt domes.[19][20] Significant deposits in salt domes occur along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico, and in evaporites in eastern Europe and western Asia. Native sulfur may be produced by geological processes alone. Fossil-based sulfur deposits from salt domes were once the basis for commercial production in the United States, Russia, Turkmenistan, and Ukraine.[21] Currently, commercial production is still carried out in the Osiek mine in Poland. Such sources are now of secondary commercial importance, and most are no longer worked.

Common naturally occurring sulfur compounds include the sulfide minerals, such as pyrite (iron sulfide), cinnabar (mercury sulfide), galena (lead sulfide), sphalerite (zinc sulfide), and stibnite (antimony sulfide); and the sulfate minerals, such as gypsum (calcium sulfate), alunite (potassium aluminium sulfate), and barite (barium sulfate). On Earth, just as upon Jupiter's moon Io, elemental sulfur occurs naturally in volcanic emissions, including emissions from hydrothermal vents.

Conclusion: it doesn't fall from the sky naturally.