Goodbye Jesus

Example: Human behaviour from today and in the OT proves bible god is not real

Steviejay

4 hours ago, Astreja said:

Well, you seem awfully keen on bringing us around to your sordid way of thinking.  The subtext for all this faux geology you're vomiting at us is quite obviously "Ooh!  Look how big and powerful my god is!  You'd better fall on your knees right this instant and beg for forgiveness, or you're going to wish you had only died once when all that pure sulfur (yeah, right...) destroyed Sodom."

Give it up, SV.  We know ChristInsanity at least as well as you do.  That's why we're here, and not grovelling at a church somewhere.

People are asking for physical proof. The destroyed cities, the rocks in the dessert that God brought water from (the water probably isn't there now), Israelite remains from the exodus journey... there's not a lot to offer I'm sorry. Arabs restrict access to mount Sinai, you could go there and probably look at the scorched top of it and the little rock carvings around the base of it (but the powers that be don't want you to go there). Wouldn't it be funny if they were trying to protect Islamic beliefs by restricting access to a very real historical site.

5 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

It appears that SilentVoice's willful ignorance extends to geology and biochemistry.

How's your pet rock coming along? The trick is to leave it in the microwave and acid for billions of years without watching it. Any interference will affect its evolution into your great⁹⁹⁹ grandmother. I wonder what colour eyes she had.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

16 hours ago, SilentVoice said:

Snip.

Sinai is in Arabia. The government has restricted access to Mount Sinai. The evidence is hidden. Why?

Well it didn't take us long to get to conspiracy.

Mt Sinai is on the Sinai Peninsula, which is Egyptian territory. "Arabia" is a pretty loose description to cover a wide variety of Arabic states and peoples.

I would posit that the Government doesn't want lots of people flocking to a mountain and potentially ruining it. Anywhere humans go they damage stuff and leave waste behind. However you can gain access with special permits. I'm aware of several archaeological teams that have worked on both Mt Sinai, and other sites in Saudi Arabia that are thought to be alternative sites for Mt Sinai. However, so far they've failed to turn up any credible evidence that shows that the Exodus story is true.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

How's your pet rock coming along? The trick is to leave it in the microwave and acid for billions of years without watching it. Any interference will affect its evolution into your great⁹⁹⁹ grandmother. I wonder what colour eyes she had.

Actually better than your magical sky daddy. I can actually show you my rock and the chemical interactions that take place on it which different chemical properties are mixed.

You on the other hand have zip.

I take it you believe Noah's flood happened? How did all the species, including all the now extinct species fit on the ark? I suppose it was a magical boat with more space on the inside than it looked from the outside?

10 hours ago, Bhim said:

Aw dang guys, we've got ourselves another Asperger's Christian.

I have a lot of respect for you Bhim, but please don't disparage people with autistic disorders, or any mental illness for that matter. I have a friend who has Asperger's and people have made fun of him his whole life, as well as his 'godly' parents beating him for being a 'little shit' because they didn't know he had Asperger's at the time. Thus when I see someone mocking someone else by comparing them to autistic people it really pisses me off... I mean the sort of pissed of that I could well be inclined to violence if someone made fun of him in front of me... and I abhor violence. Ok, Rant over.

He (SV) is an ignorant, unlearned believer of a magical sky daddy... thus he fits right in with the Apostles who we are told were "ignorant and unlearned" (But apparently could write prose that would put many authors today to shame.)

7 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I have a lot of respect for you Bhim, but please don't disparage people with autistic disorders, or any mental illness for that matter. I have a friend who has Asperger's and people have made fun of him his whole life, as well as his 'godly' parents beating him for being a 'little shit' because they didn't know he had Asperger's at the time. Thus when I see someone mocking someone else by comparing them to autistic people it really pisses me off... I mean the sort of pissed of that I could well be inclined to violence if someone made fun of him in front of me... and I abhor violence. Ok, Rant over.

He (SV) is an ignorant, unlearned believer of a magical sky daddy... thus he fits right in with the Apostles who we are told were "ignorant and unlearned" (But apparently could write prose that would put many authors today to shame.)

Hi @LogicalFallacy. Thanks for the respect, it is mutual. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I can relate, since I have a much younger cousin with a far more severe version of autism, such that he can't speak well into his teen years, and his care is a full time job on the part of his parents. I can fully understand why you would be driven to such anger if someone insulted your friend to your face. All of that is going to make it harder for me to say that no, I can't reduce the frequency with which I joke about Asperger's Christians.

If you'd asked me a few years ago, I'd have thought nothing of simply acceding to your request. But, as I've discussed in various threads concerning my support for Donald Trump, I am deeply concerned with a growing movement to censor private individuals' free speech, culminating in the recent race riots in which personal threats of physical violence are made against low-profile individuals on the basis of casual comments or expressed opinions. I know that in your above post you are not threatening me personally, just as you are aware that I am not insulting your friend (I didn't even know he existed until just now). Nor do I have any ill will to anyone who actually has Asperger's. But this affected my social circle recently when last week, my father's colleague was physically assaulted in his home - he is currently in the ICU with life-threatening injuries - because he said on social media words to the effect of "why do we need to celebrate George Floyd?" I know that you're not trying to associate with any broader social movement. You're just making this request of me because of your friend. I'm also aware that it's possible I'm violating some arcane forum rule and could be removed for refusing to stop saying "Asperger's Christian," which would be unfortunate for me since this has been an important community to me for well over seven years now.

Yet I feel that if I stop referring to SV as an Asperger's Christian, I'm participating in a culture of cowardice and censorship of the type that is causing people like my dad's coworker (and possibly himself, since he too doesn't care about George Floyd or systemic racism) to literally get beat up. This was a serious enough incident that I've taken steps to ensure that should someone be inclined to violence against me on the grounds of my offensive speech, I'm prepared to defend myself with a firearm. Which was a fairly big step because I don't prefer to have guns at home. And again, I have to reiterate that I am aware you are not threatening me personally with violence. I mean, you're in New Zealand. If you spend money on a plane ticket to the United States just to punch me in the face, you're probably entitled to at least one free punch. But I just don't believe in filtering myself, especially when discussing important topics like religion. I'd rather not have the conversation at all than converse with a metaphorical gun to my head.

I'd love to discuss this further in a separate thread, and I think it would be a far more interesting discussion than the conversation that the aforementioned Asperger's Christian wants to have concerning sulfur balls and the definition of the word "destroy." If not, then I just want to end by saying that I hope this doesn't affect our ability to continue interacting on friendly terms.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I take it you believe Noah's flood happened? How did all the species, including all the now extinct species fit on the ark? I suppose it was a magical boat with more space on the inside than it looked from the outside?

It was a pretty big boat. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, SilentVoice said:

...I may need to consider a more offensive term to convey my observation that you are not exhibiting any ability to engage in written communication.

3 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

Would there have been kangaroos on the ark? How did they make it back to Australia when the flood ended?

• Super Moderator

The flood and Noah's ark are not backed by evidence.

https://ncse.ngo/impossible-voyage-noahs-ark

2 minutes ago, Hierophant said:

The flood and Noah's ark are not backed by evidence.

https://ncse.ngo/impossible-voyage-noahs-ark

I'm telling you man, don't feed him. 😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SilentVoice said:

People are asking for physical proof.

First of all, we don't ask for "proof."  Proof only applies in mathematics.  We ask for physical evidence.

Secondly, your so-called evidence consists of interesting rocks and not a lot more.  It certainly doesn't point to anything supernatural, let alone the dumb-as-a-bag-of-hammers deity from the Bible.

22 minutes ago, Bhim said:

I'm telling you man, don't feed him. 😂

I'm calling Poe.  Dear, sweet Uncle Loki help us all if SV is really as willfully clueless as he appears.

Just now, Astreja said:

I'm calling Poe.  Dear, sweet Uncle Loki help us all if SV is really as willfully clueless as he appeaers.

I was considering calling Poe, but you beat me to it. I strongly suspect that SV is just a more mischievious version of us.

2 hours ago, Astreja said:

First of all, we don't ask for "proof."  Proof only applies in mathematics.  We ask for physical evidence.

Secondly, your so-called evidence consists of interesting rocks and not a lot more.  It certainly doesn't point to anything supernatural, let alone the dumb-as-a-bag-of-hammers deity from the Bible.

No, you won't accept evidence, you just move goal posts. You want proof. You want to provoke God to speaking to you so you can argue that He should have simply "said so in the first place" even though He did just that in the bible.

Interesting rocks, huh? You mean an element found at the scene completely unlike it's natural state, far removed from the geothermal processes that produce it.

That's like walking in to a crime scene and finding a giant lump of pure lead embedded in somebody's skull and then walking out saying "Dead of natural causes; lead poisoning. Sure, the lead was interesting but lead occurs naturally and we consume it all the time".

3 hours ago, TABA said:

Would there have been kangaroos on the ark? How did they make it back to Australia when the flood ended?

I apologize for not replying to this earlier because it's a really good question. I have no idea. Some people have argued that the flood was local only to the med. area but a lot of cultures seem to have a record of a deluge. People argue that the Chinese don't have record of one but I haven't looked in to that claim to examine the evidence. If the flood was local to the med. then "all living things" couldn't have died, unless it was a metaphorical way of saying that only the seed of Adam & Eve had the living breath inside them which is basically Christian Identity. But even if that was true, there'd be no point in saving all the animals, would there? Unless only the ones from the affected area needed to be saved, so all living creatures in the middle East is only a fraction of what people imagine to have fit on the boat. A lot of it is desert and rocky plains so it would make it much easier to populate an ark. But that leaves the height of Mount Ararat being covered in water. It wouldn't be difficult for God to flood the middle east with so much water without touching anywhere else since He did it in Exodus and crossing the Jordan.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Astreja said:

I'm calling Poe.  Dear, sweet Uncle Loki help us all if SV is really as willfully clueless as he appears.

I was thinking troll after the flat eart post he made. 

That or we are dealing with one of those bonafide batshit crazy creationists the likes of which make even Ray Comfort and Ken Ham appear reasonable.

1 hour ago, sdelsolray said:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

But I dunno. On the off chance that this guy is being truthful about his belief in Jesus, I'm fine with keeping him here so I can continue to denigrate his god..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SilentVoice said:

No, you won't accept evidence, you just move goal posts. You want proof. You want to provoke God to speaking to you so you can argue that He should have simply "said so in the first place" even though He did just that in the bible.

Interesting rocks, huh? You mean an element found at the scene completely unlike it's natural state, far removed from the geothermal processes that produce it.

That's like walking in to a crime scene and finding a giant lump of pure lead embedded in somebody's skull and then walking out saying "Dead of natural causes; lead poisoning. Sure, the lead was interesting but lead occurs naturally and we consume it all the time".

And how, exactly, do you know that any given found entity is "...completely unlike it's [sic] natural state, far removed from the geothermal processes that produce it"?

I have zero confidence in your ability to evangexplain chemistry to us in a way that actually conforms to modern science.  If you're satisfied with "evidence" from the Bible, you don't even meet the standard for passing the chemistry class I passed back in 1973.

1 hour ago, SilentVoice said:

I apologize for not replying to this earlier because it's a really good question. I have no idea. Some people have argued that the flood was local only to the med. area but a lot of cultures seem to have a record of a deluge. People argue that the Chinese don't have record of one but I haven't looked in to that claim to examine the evidence. If the flood was local to the med. then "all living things" couldn't have died, unless it was a metaphorical way of saying that only the seed of Adam & Eve had the living breath inside them which is basically Christian Identity. But even if that was true, there'd be no point in saving all the animals, would there? Unless only the ones from the affected area needed to be saved, so all living creatures in the middle East is only a fraction of what people imagine to have fit on the boat. A lot of it is desert and rocky plains so it would make it much easier to populate an ark. But that leaves the height of Mount Ararat being covered in water. It wouldn't be difficult for God to flood the middle east with so much water without touching anywhere else since He did it in Exodus and crossing the Jordan.

You do know, I trust, that the Adam and Eve fable was lifted from an older Akkadian folk tale?

34 minutes ago, Astreja said:

And how, exactly, do you know that any given found entity is "...completely unlike it's [sic] natural state, far removed from the geothermal processes that produce it"?

I have zero confidence in your ability to evangexplain chemistry to us in a way that actually conforms to modern science.  If you're satisfied with "evidence" from the Bible, you don't even meet the standard for passing the chemistry class I passed back in 1973.

I quoted a cited Wikipedia page containing information about the natural (i.e. not supernatural) formation of sulphur on Earth. You can find the post earlier in the thread. But I guess that's too easy for you.

38 minutes ago, Astreja said:

You do know, I trust, that the Adam and Eve fable was lifted from an older Akkadian folk tale?

Did the Akkadian religion survive? Do the Akkadianists perform miracles, minister to the poor and afflicted? Did they form western civilization? What god of theirs preserved their scripture through oppression? You know anyone that heard it speak? Just curious.

• Super Moderator
5 hours ago, Bhim said:

I was considering calling Poe, but you beat me to it. I strongly suspect that SV is just a more mischievious version of us.

Damn it, @LogicalFallacy, I told you that flimsy disguise would never work!

• Haha 1

THE STRONGER THE FAITH.... THE CLOSER THE DEVIL 

I have one further question for you please, SV.

Do you understand the reason why science must be silent and agnostic about the supernatural?

Thank you.

Walter.