Goodbye Jesus

Did Jesus believe in himself?

AntiChrist

Did Jesus as the model of a perfect human have to believe in the father while he lived on earth? Was that the way he related his other-self who was abiding in the heavens?

(This thread may be similar to a thread I created previously. I don't remember, but this communicates better I think)

Well, I'd have to say no.  Jesus, having perfect knowledge of all these things, would have had not had belief.  Belief is something that is needed when direct, much less absolute, knowledge isn't available.  In this sense god, nor any aspect of god, would have this sort of belief only knowledge.

mwc

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mwc said:

Well, I'd have to say no.  Jesus, having perfect knowledge of all these things, would have had not had belief.  Belief is something that is needed when direct, much less absolute, knowledge isn't available.  In this sense god, nor any aspect of god, would have this sort of belief only knowledge.

mwc

That's weird @mwc your post kinda comes off in defence of a creator god, who could actually come to earth in a human body. However the New Testament reflects that Jesus didn't possess absolutely 100% of the knowledge that his fatherly-self had in the heavens, such as Jesus not known the exact time of his return trip.

44 minutes ago, AntiChrist said:

That's weird @mwc your post kinda comes off in defence of a creator god, who could actually come to earth in a human body. However the New Testament reflects that Jesus didn't possess absolutely 100% of the knowledge that his fatherly-self had in the heavens, such as Jesus not known the exact time of his return trip.

The way I saw your question phrased it seemed to indicate that jesus had, and was aware of, his two natures.  As a result he was aware of "the father" not in the sense of a belief but as a reality or actual form or knowledge.  Whether or not he knew what the father knew is irrelevant.  Knowing that your parents, siblings or any other human exists, as a fact, is different than knowing what that other person knows.  You can simply leave where you are now, find another person, verify they exist, have knowledge of their existence, and still not know what they think all without having to fall back on simply believing that this same person exists.  Now imagine if you were conjoined twins.  You'd know the "other" person, who was also you, existed all without knowing their thoughts.  Jesus, as a shared part of the godhead, knew the father existed.  He did not have to believe it.

mwc

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mwc said:

The way I saw your question phrased it seemed to indicate that jesus had, and was aware of, his two natures.  As a result he was aware of "the father" not in the sense of a belief but as a reality or actual form or knowledge.  Whether or not he knew what the father knew is irrelevant.  Knowing that your parents, siblings or any other human exists, as a fact, is different than knowing what that other person knows.  You can simply leave where you are now, find another person, verify they exist, have knowledge of their existence, and still not know what they think all without having to fall back on simply believing that this same person exists.  Now imagine if you were conjoined twins.  You'd know the "other" person, who was also you, existed all without knowing their thoughts.  Jesus, as a shared part of the godhead, knew the father existed.  He did not have to believe it.

mwc

(Do you see what Christian semantics have done to our human abilities for coherent discourse)

"I'm losing it Jerry! I'm losing it!

Seinfeld.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, 'Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?' that is to say, 'Myself, myself, why hath I forsaken me?'"  Matthew 27:46

• Haha 2

Read the Gnostic Gospels.  I think you will find a different view of who/what Jesus was.