Goodbye Jesus

Did Jesus die for Adam & Steve?

AntiChrist

So God comes to earth, in a human body to live a perfect life under the same conditions as us (Tempted like us) (Tested like us) To identify with humanity, and be that perfect sacrifice for the sins of humankind.

The problem (He lived a perfect male life, not a perfect female life)

I would think that disqualifies him experiencing both sides of the equation.

• Like 1

Christian mythology has numerous shortcomings and flaws.  You have identified one.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

Funny how god could create Adam from dust and Eve from a rib; but he had to impregnate another man's fiance to become human himself.  🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Funny how god could create Adam from dust and Eve from a rib; but he had to impregnate another man's fiance to become human himself.  🤔

That's a brilliant observation. Nothing can cut through superstitious magical thinking more than logic. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

Christian mythology has numerous shortcomings and flaws.  You have identified one.

More than one, I can say that for sure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AntiChrist said:

More than one, I can say that for sure.

Ditto!

On 7/18/2020 at 5:39 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

God works in mysterious ways and we are not to question them.

As for his scribes...they work in lying sack of shit ways!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MOHO said:

God works in mysterious ways and we are not to question them.

As for his scribes...they work in lying sack of shit ways!

Lying sack of interpolating shit ways! To be sure :D

• Like 1

Someone mentioned that if God took a rib from Adam, the rib had male DNA, so Eve was more like Steve. 

• Haha 2

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 4:50 PM, AntiChrist said:

So God comes to earth, in a human body to live a perfect life under the same conditions as us (Tempted like us) (Tested like us) To identify with humanity, and be that perfect sacrifice for the sins of humankind.

We would have to ask if there is gender in Heaven. 

24 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

The answer is: yes.  Genesis 6:2,4 tells us "2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose", "4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."  So they had gender unless it just magically appeared in these verses.

mwc

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

Wouldn't we first have to ask if there actually is a heaven?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

No need to ask that question Edgarcito.

Jesus was quite clear.

18 Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 

19 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. 

20 Now there were seven brothers. The first one married and died without leaving any children. 

21 The second one married the widow, but he also died, leaving no child. It was the same with the third. 

22 In fact, none of the seven left any children. Last of all, the woman died too. 

23 At the resurrection whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?”

24 Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God? 

25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Contradicting Genesis 6 : 24.

Oops!

2 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

The Gospel of Thomas suggests that only males are in heaven?

(113) His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?" 
<Jesus said,> "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."

(114) Simon Peter said to him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of life." 
Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

Patriarch wannabe.

3 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

Patriarch wannabe.

Yum Yum Yum Yum.

An aside.  According to some Gnostic writing, Jesus wasn't perfect.  If I remember correctly,  as a child he was a brat.  Which would be logical if he was raised to believe he was God's chosen.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:39 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You still mocking (blaspheming), huh?

I hope all of you are ok 😃.

21 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

Of course we are. When religious stuff is utterly ridiculous we like to have a laugh about it.

I'm good thanks. You? Keeping safe with this pandemic floating around?

3 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Of course we are. When religious stuff is utterly ridiculous we like to have a laugh about it.

I'm good thanks. You? Keeping safe with this pandemic floating around?

😀

Glad you're good.

Yup.

Hey, Florduh better keep safe, especially with him being Pops.

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

A general observation about a seeming inconsistency in the story hardly qualifies as mockery... unless your apologetics is built on nothing more than deflection.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 5:50 PM, AntiChrist said:

Jesus died for Adam and Steve and Eva & Eve. In Christ there is neither male nor female. Jesus died for humankind.

Jesus was never tempted SPECIFICALLY to take meth or have female body parts molested by a male, yet He was tempted in all points like we (male & female) are.

He was tempted to eat the bread that the devil suggested He conjure up. It's basically the same type of temptation that the meth addict or user has, His weak flesh wanted it but Jesus did not succumb to the devil's temptation. I say Jesus' temptation was even greater, food is NECESSARY, meth isn't. It was the temptation of the lust of the flesh. Jesus was stripped naked and manhandled, humiliated, His dignity taken away. He can identify with the molested woman. Both men and women have estrogen and testosterone in them. God has female and male attributes that makes Him nurturing, compassionate, just, strong etc. He created us in His image, to be like God we should have both male and female attributes that make us love Him and each other. So you see, the temptation or test may not be as specific, like stealing a Jaguar (car) but Jesus understands.

11 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

A general observation about a seeming inconsistency in the story hardly qualifies as mockery... unless your apologetics is built on nothing more than deflection.

Hmmmm, not even a hello. You didn't miss me? :D

Hello Thumbelina.

Based upon BAA's interactions with you, I'd like to ask you a question.

Are you a Seventh Day Adventist?

Walter.

• Super Moderator
55 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

You didn't miss me?

No.

• Haha 1