Goodbye Jesus

Did Jesus die for Adam & Steve?

AntiChrist

So you are, "scared for the lemmings."  That is exactly what I would call you.  And I was one for almost 40 years, until the inconsistencies led me to research the origin of all religions.  Christianity is but one of many "truths."  If you are interested in my findings, read my TESTIMONY in that section.  The title is, TRUTH, A GRADUAL AWAKENING.  And If you are interested in truth, there are many other good stories there.

I read your signature/post script.   My "de-conversion" was not due to not knowing the bible.  I read it, studied it for years, and graduated from a christian college.  The more I studied,  the more inconsistant it became.  Archaic, inconsistant myths with changing messages, especially between old and new testament.  And I wouldn't trust anything coming down through the Catholic church to be the inerrant word of god.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

Jesus died for Adam and Steve and Eva & Eve. In Christ there is neither male nor female. Jesus died for humankind.

Jesus was never tempted SPECIFICALLY to take meth or have female body parts molested by a male, yet He was tempted in all points like we (male & female) are.

He was tempted to eat the bread that the devil suggested He conjure up. It's basically the same type of temptation that the meth addict or user has, His weak flesh wanted it but Jesus did not succumb to the devil's temptation. I say Jesus' temptation was even greater, food is NECESSARY, meth isn't. It was the temptation of the lust of the flesh. Jesus was stripped naked and manhandled, humiliated, His dignity taken away. He can identify with the molested woman. Both men and women have estrogen and testosterone in them. God has female and male attributes that makes Him nurturing, compassionate, just, strong etc. He created us in His image, to be like God we should have both male and female attributes that make us love Him and each other. So you see, the temptation or test may not be as specific, like stealing a Jaguar (car) but Jesus understands.

He created us in his sinful image? 

• Super Moderator
10 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

God has female and male attributes

So, why couldn't god just impregnate himself and leave Mary alone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

God has female and male attributes...

So he has testes and ovaries? God is a hermaphrodite??? Sweet baby Jesus! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator

Oh My!

George-Takei-as-Sulu-in-Star-Trek-750x500.jpg

On 7/24/2020 at 9:29 PM, Thumbelina said:

You still mocking (blaspheming), huh?

Still violating 1 Tim 2:11-12, eh? 

• Haha 2

Theology does not have to make sense or be testable.

9 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

So he has testes and ovaries? God is a hermaphrodite??? Sweet baby Jesus! 

We are in his image or vice versa.

Is Thumbelina just teasing us with a hit and run? Come on, Thumb. Tell us the world is flat or something. :)

I guess we would have to ask ourselves if women identify with Jesus.  Seems more do than men imo...

• Super Moderator
20 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I guess we would have to ask ourselves if women identify with Jesus.  Seems more do than men imo...

Wait.  We haven't heard an answer to the question of whether heaven exists or not.  As good ol' Steven would say:

"The Almighty says, 'Don't change the subject.  Just answer the fockin' question'." 

b6572777-b275-405e-b5b9-f4ed3c96e3fb_screenshot.jpg

So which Christian will break first?

Will Thumbelina answer my question and tell us if she really is a Seventh Day Adventist? 

Or will Edgarcito answer the RedneckProf and tell us if heaven exists or not?

My money's on Thumbelina.

Because all she has to do is truthfully reveal something that she knows for a fact.

Walter.

Poster Thumbelina has been asked that question often in the past, perhaps a dozen times.  She has failed to answer it.

Remember, Thumbelina is special, at least according to Thumbelina.

On 7/26/2020 at 1:20 AM, Weezer said:

So you are, "scared for the lemmings."  That is exactly what I would call you.  And I was one for almost 40 years, until the inconsistencies led me to research the origin of all religions.  Christianity is but one of many "truths."  If you are interested in my findings, read my TESTIMONY in that section.  The title is, TRUTH, A GRADUAL AWAKENING.  And If you are interested in truth, there are many other good stories there.

I read your signature/post script.   My "de-conversion" was not due to not knowing the bible.  I read it, studied it for years, and graduated from a christian college.  The more I studied,  the more inconsistant it became.  Archaic, inconsistant myths with changing messages, especially between old and new testament.  And I wouldn't trust anything coming down through the Catholic church to be the inerrant word of god.

I am scared for the lemmings actually, caring about their eternal Destiny is what the bible instructs believers to do.

Yeah, you may see me as a lemming & it's your choice 😃.The belief in an afterlife offers hope, unlike atheistic beliefs that offer nothing but this SHORT life.

I tried to read your testimony but couldn't open it up, maybe the moderators can help you post it without it being an attached file?

I was not painting all ex Christians with the same brush, I know there are some who did study the Word & spent years in the faith. However, there are some lions who needed to study more before leaving Jesus & some of them roar the loudest lol. I don't mean to minimize the experiences of those who studied.

I usually banter with the lions in the den, they're kind of impish/mischievous 😀. I do that while praying they can find their way back to Jesus again. This forum helps to do that in a non intrusive way, I think.

1 hour ago, WalterP said:

So which Christian will break first?

Will Thumbelina answer my question and tell us if she really is a Seventh Day Adventist? 

Or will Edgarcito answer the RedneckProf and tell us if heaven exists or not?

My money's on Thumbelina.

Because all she has to do is truthfully reveal something that she knows for a fact.

Walter.

With any luck we will get some scrumptious word salad pretty soon. From someone...

So, Thumb, are you an SDA? Yes or No?

On 7/25/2020 at 7:32 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

No.

That's alright, I kinda missed you lions & have good thoughts toward you.

On 7/19/2020 at 2:39 AM, AntiChrist said:

That's a brilliant observation. Nothing can cut through superstitious magical thinking more than logic. 

Why do you think God had to become human?

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, Thumbelina said:

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one!!!!

Because he's into blood sacrifice big time.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

Low IQ? No imagination? It would be too easy for God to just say "Sin is no longer a thing." 

1 minute ago, florduh said:

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one!!!!

Because he's into blood sacrifice big time.

Hi pops!

It's been a long time since we took a walk in the park, sat on that bench & talked about the mileage on your ticker. 

So you still not considering eternity?

You seem good though 😃.

-----

Your answer isn't what I'm looking for.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:27 AM, midniterider said:

Still violating 1 Tim 2:11-12, eh? 

What was the CONTEXT for Paul instructing those women to be silent?

20 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

The belief in an afterlife offers hope

And this, I believe, is the root of all magical beliefs: fear of death. Why? What would be so terrible about no longer existing? You didn't exist before you were born and never longed for anything when you didn't exist. The same will be true when you cease to exist once again.

5 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Hmmm, food for thought.

Churches do seem to have more women than men. The OP suggested that since Jesus was male He would identify with men, so why does more women tend to be attracted to Christianity?

Just now, Thumbelina said:

What was the CONTEXT for Paul instructing those women to be silent?

Context....the Christian's 'get-out-of-scripture-free' card. I'm sure the context is whatever you decide it should be in order to allow you to continue to violate 1 Tim 2:11-12.