Goodbye Jesus

Did Jesus die for Adam & Steve?

AntiChrist

1 minute ago, freshstart said:

And this, I believe, is the root of all magical beliefs: fear of death. Why? What would be so terrible about no longer existing? You didn't exist before you were born and never longed for anything when you didn't exist. The same will be true when you cease to exist once again.

Death is an enemy. To be blessed with existence is wonderful & to forfeit continued existence will be a tragedy.

3 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Context....the Christian's 'get-out-of-scripture-free' card. I'm sure the context is whatever you decide it should be in order to allow you to continue to violate 1 Tim 2:11-12.

Eh, I can speak to men, as long as I'm not domineering & bible thumping/ condemning anyone.

6 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

Death is an enemy. To be blessed with existence is wonderful & to forfeit continued existence will be a tragedy.

Its only a tragedy to you now. It is not a tragedy to those who don't exist as they are unable to experience tragedy. Death is no more an enemy to life than sleep is an enemy to being awake.

On 7/26/2020 at 5:45 AM, LogicalFallacy said:

So he has testes and ovaries? God is a hermaphrodite??? Sweet baby Jesus! 

I have no idea if the redeemed will have genitalia in heaven; what will they be needed for?Maybe we'll be looking like those Ken & Barbie dolls 😂.

2 minutes ago, freshstart said:

Its only a tragedy to you now. It is not a tragedy to those who don't exist as they are unable to experience tragedy. Death is no more an enemy to life than sleep is an enemy to being awake.

The bible doesn't teach that.

Most folks don't want to die (God placed eternity in man's heart).

The bible says that mankind has to face the judgment. Unfortunately the pain that the lost will feel will be that of regret.

6 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

The bible says that mankind has to face the judgment. Unfortunately the pain that the lost will feel will be that of regret.

And this line of thinking just reinforces what Christianity is: a death cult. The membership is obsessed with death and their book is filled with stories revolving around death from beginning to end. Morbid.

2 minutes ago, freshstart said:

And this line of thinking just reinforces what Christianity is: a death cult. The membership is obsessed with death and their book is filled with stories revolving around death from beginning to end. Morbid.

Death & taxes are there. They need to be faced.

Look at the glass as half full; the bible is showing how to ESCAPE the second death.

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

Your answer isn't what I'm looking for.

I'm sure it isn't, but explain how it's wrong.

Jesus told me that you have misinterpreted his word. He says that I am free to do what I want with no eternal repercussion. 

• Haha 1

To be blessed with existence is wonderful & to forfeit continued existence will be a tragedy.

That is a HUGE assumption, And simply not true.  There are many who are ready to "pass on", and they are not all christians looking forward to heaven in an afterlife.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

The bible says that mankind has to...........

This is the "truth" in a nutshelI, according to deacon Weezer.  If you will open your mind, pray to find truth, and do some serious research, I predict you will find the bible is a collection of myths, and some hand picked early Christian writings, none of them original, some of which have been modified to suit the desires of early church leaders, who were masters at scaring people into submission, and making themselves rich and powerful, and for centuries killed off their competition.  Some of the teaching attributed to Jesus is great, but if he in fact existed, he was not divine.  

• Thanks 1

Thumbelina,

You and I have never engaged in any dialogue and there's no history of animosity, disagreement or bad feeling between us to cause you to shun me.

Yet, when I ask you the harmless question, 'Are you a Seventh Day Adventist?', you blank me and pretend that I don't exist.

You say that you are scared for the lemmings and this lemming could be saved by what you write to him, provided that he can trust you.

But how can I trust someone who won't even answer a simple question, won't acknowledge that I exist and who deliberately avoids me?

Walter.

12 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

Eh, I can speak to men, as long as I'm not domineering & bible thumping/ condemning anyone.

You are condemning me, Thumbelina.

Which means that, by your own interpretation of scripture, you are violating 1 Timothy 2 : 11 & 12.

I could be saved by you... if only I could trust you.

But you have shunned me without good reason.

Walter.

17 hours ago, midniterider said:

With any luck we will get some scrumptious word salad pretty soon. From someone...

Lol, you ought to live with this mind...lol

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Wait.  We haven't heard an answer to the question of whether heaven exists or not.  As good ol' Steven would say:

"The Almighty says, 'Don't change the subject.  Just answer the fockin' question'." 

b6572777-b275-405e-b5b9-f4ed3c96e3fb_screenshot.jpg

Genius....let's take the story off the table because we can't prove everything...gone, done, void, adios, bye....  You're gonna use this argument every time because you are just that fuckin smart...

3 hours ago, WalterP said:

You are condemning me, Thumbelina.

Which means that, by your own interpretation of scripture, you are violating 1 Timothy 2 : 11 & 12.

Walter.

I vote to condemn you as well Walter....you're an ass.

• Super Moderator

All in favor of condemning Walter raise your hand.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

And everyone's favorite color is blue. All together now..."My favorite color is blue...." 

• Super Moderator
51 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Genius....let's take the story off the table because we can't prove everything...gone, done, void, adios, bye....  You're gonna use this argument every time because you are just that fuckin smart...

If requiring evidence is smart, then perhaps you should try it.

57 minutes ago, florduh said:

All in favor of condemning Walter raise your hand.

I did!  Voter fraud!!  Not to death mind you....just temporary to another table...and make him drink the crappy beer...

4 hours ago, WalterP said:

You are condemning me, Thumbelina.

Which means that, by your own interpretation of scripture, you are violating 1 Timothy 2 : 11 & 12.

Walter.

I vote to condemn you as well Walter....you're an ass.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's nice, Edgarcito.

The two Christians in this thread have displayed very 'Christian' behaviour towards me.

Thumbelina refuses to engage with me, even though I've done her no harm and no evil.  

I've done no evil to you, yet you condemn me and insult me.

You condemn me without even wanting or waiting to hear just what Thumbelina has against me.

So you have pre-judged me.  

Prejudice.  Insults.  Shunning.

I forgive you, Edgarcito. 

I also forgive Thumbelina, but would still like to understand why she has turned against me.

Walter.

Praise the FSM. I have no evidence he exists but I'd rather we just kind of ignore that and continue on as if he were real. 

• Super Moderator
17 hours ago, florduh said:
19 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

Your answer isn't what I'm looking for.

I'm sure it isn't, but explain how it's wrong.

Again, how is it wrong? And while you're answering uncomfortable questions, how about that other question you have never answered? Yes, you know the one. Answers? Yes? Restore my faith in mud wrestling.

I hope she aint a follower of that false prophet Ellen G White. False prophet, false doctrine.