Goodbye Jesus

Did Jesus die for Adam & Steve?

AntiChrist

6 hours ago, WalterP said:

It spoils what could be a fruitful dialogue

She is not interested in fruitful dialog.  She clearly states it is in, "bothering atheist types."  In her conscious mind, she is convinced she has all the answers.  

But, as with all christians who continue to hang around here, I question what may be going on in their unconscious mind.

32 minutes ago, Weezer said:

She is not interested in fruitful dialog.  She clearly states it is in, "bothering atheist types."  In her conscious mind, she is convinced she has all the answers.  

But, as with all christians who continue to hang around here, I question what may be going on in their unconscious mind.

I get that, Weezer.

But I'm just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

If she has all the answers, then why won't she just give me one of them?

I can't figure it out.

:shrug:

Walter.

Not sure why Thumbelina, the Seventh Day Adventist even visits this site. 

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

Not sure why Thumbelina, the Seventh Day Adventist even visits this site. 

She wants to bother us. 

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

She wants to bother us. 

Really the only thing that is bothersome is her drive-by proselytizing style.  She blows in, blows up, and blows back out again in the span of a day and a half; and then we don't hear from her for six months.  If she had the courage and mental fortitude to stick around and at least attempt to defend her beliefs (maybe even answer a question or two), then perhaps the dialogue could be more fruitful and less fruitcake.  Sadly, this has been her half-ass approach for as long as she has been on this site; so those capable of analyzing historical data for trends can likely draw a sound conclusion concerning future prospects.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Yes, Professor. She drops in briefly every few months to tell us "what the Bible really says" and then when asked questions she disappears again. Pretty much a waste of time for all involved, unless you value the small scraps of entertainment value.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WalterP said:

I can't figure it out.

:shrug:

She's not kidding.  She likes to bother us.

6 hours ago, Weezer said:

She's not kidding.  She likes to bother us.

Well, I'm more puzzled than bothered, Weezer.  :huh:

Teasing, bothering and lecturing atheist types seems to me to be a counterproductive way of spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ in this forum.

What about love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control?

Walter.

9 minutes ago, WalterP said:

What about love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control?

Oh, we'll have none of that tosh. Did you not read where God will spew thee out of his mouth? That you are like raging waves of the sea, foaming out your own shame?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Oh, we'll have none of that tosh. Did you not read where God will spew thee out of his mouth? That you are like raging waves of the sea, foaming out your own shame?

If Thumbelina speaks to us in the tongues of men or angels, but does not have love, she is only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If she has the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and knowledge and has a faith that can move mountains, but does not have love, then her words mean nothing.

Prophecies will cease, tongues will be stilled and knowledge will pass away, but love never fails.

1 hour ago, WalterP said:

If Thumbelina speaks to us in the tongues of men or angels, but does not have love, she is only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If she has the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and knowledge and has a faith that can move mountains, but does not have love, then her words mean nothing.

Prophecies will cease, tongues will be stilled and knowledge will pass away, but love never fails.

What a shame that she seems to have left again. Otherwise, I'm sure she'd be able to tell us what this passage really means.

If I recall correctly, it carries on, more or less, as follows:

And now these three annoyances remain: death, taxes, and the eventual return of Thumbelina. And the greatest of these is the eventual return of Thumbelina.

1 hour ago, disillusioned said:

What a shame that she seems to have left again. Otherwise, I'm sure she'd be able to tell us what this passage really means.

If I recall correctly, it carries on, more or less, as follows:

And now these three annoyances remain: death, taxes, and the eventual return of Thumbelina. And the greatest of these is the eventual return of Thumbelina.

Tut! Tut!

You naughty Lion.

;)

• Super Moderator

Somebody once said something about the world knowing that you are my disciples by your love.  If this is true, then I'm not sure Thumperina is really a christian.

54 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Somebody once said something about the world knowing that you are my disciples by your love.  If this is true, then I'm not sure Thumperina is really a christian.

By their fruits you will know them.

It's that simple.

Just a thought. The word "love" can be used for everything. I mean I heard that God sends people in Hell BECAUSE of his imense love. So she can say she "bothers" atheists out of love.

8 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

Just a thought. The word "love" can be used for everything. I mean I heard that God sends people in Hell BECAUSE of his imense love. So she can say she "bothers" atheists out of love.

That's a fair point, Myrkoos.

But in mainstream Christianity Jesus is the ultimate embodiment of love. 

He defines what the word 'love' is in Christianity and its up to his true Christian followers to emulate his behaviour.

So, the burning question is, has Thumbelina behaved in a Christlike way in this thread?

This is not a question for her to answer, btw.

It's for us to answer.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Super Moderator

Was jesus a Seventh Day Adventist?

• Super Moderator

It's about time for another incarnation of @OrdinaryClay, anyway; so it's okay that thumperina has flown the cuckoo's nest. 

43 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's about time for another incarnation of @OrdinaryClay, anyway; so it's okay that thumperina has flown the cuckoo's nest. 

Go ahead and whip up an authentic christian account and we can take turns using it. 

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I hope OrdinaryClay does show up.

Reading back through BAA's content I saw that he had Caly on the ropes in a cosmology-related thread and the Christian threw in the towel and left the thread hanging.

I'd like to pick up BAA's baton and run with it, putting the same questions to OC again to see if he's got what it takes.

Oh... and also to show him in great detail how William Lane Craig's cosmology is nothing but a train wreck.

Walter.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 6:30 PM, WalterP said:

By their fruits you will know them.

It's that simple.

Christ Walter, I see you have adopted BAA's message.  Don't respond.....I know what you will say....show evidence, show evidence.  blah blah fuck blah...

7 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Christ Walter, I see you have adopted BAA's message.  Don't respond.....I know what you will say....show evidence, show evidence.  blah blah fuck blah...

The message didn't originate with BAA, Edgarcito.

Read your Bible.

That's where it says that true Christians will produce good fruit. (i.e., evidence)

And I see that BAA's efforts to help you produce good fruit were wasted.

Blasphemy?

Filthy words?

Which one of you is my daughter from Melbourne? (I mean Christian daughter from Melbourne?) I figure you're here under some account or account's.

10 hours ago, AntiChrist said:

Which one of you is my daughter from Melbourne? (I mean Christian daughter from Melbourne?) I figure you're here under some account or account's.

You're the mischievous lion that started this thread.

Antichrist, you have some estrogen in you, so were you being facetious when you started this thread?

On 8/4/2020 at 3:52 AM, Myrkhoos said:

What is your definition of love?