Jump to content

Did Jesus die for Adam & Steve?


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, WalterP said:

 

It spoils what could be a fruitful dialogue

 

She is not interested in fruitful dialog.  She clearly states it is in, "bothering atheist types."  In her conscious mind, she is convinced she has all the answers.  

 

But, as with all christians who continue to hang around here, I question what may be going on in their unconscious mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny how god could create Adam from dust and Eve from a rib; but he had to impregnate another man's fiance to become human himself.  🤔

The bible is its own interpreter. There's an amazing continuity in that book.     

Wouldn't we first have to ask if there actually is a heaven?

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Weezer said:

She is not interested in fruitful dialog.  She clearly states it is in, "bothering atheist types."  In her conscious mind, she is convinced she has all the answers.  

 

But, as with all christians who continue to hang around here, I question what may be going on in their unconscious mind.

 

 

I get that, Weezer.

 

But I'm just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

 

If she has all the answers, then why won't she just give me one of them?

 

I can't figure it out.

 

:shrug:

 

 

Walter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why Thumbelina, the Seventh Day Adventist even visits this site. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
1 hour ago, midniterider said:

Not sure why Thumbelina, the Seventh Day Adventist even visits this site. 

 She wants to bother us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

 She wants to bother us. 

Really the only thing that is bothersome is her drive-by proselytizing style.  She blows in, blows up, and blows back out again in the span of a day and a half; and then we don't hear from her for six months.  If she had the courage and mental fortitude to stick around and at least attempt to defend her beliefs (maybe even answer a question or two), then perhaps the dialogue could be more fruitful and less fruitcake.  Sadly, this has been her half-ass approach for as long as she has been on this site; so those capable of analyzing historical data for trends can likely draw a sound conclusion concerning future prospects.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator

Yes, Professor. She drops in briefly every few months to tell us "what the Bible really says" and then when asked questions she disappears again. Pretty much a waste of time for all involved, unless you value the small scraps of entertainment value.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WalterP said:

 

 

I can't figure it out.

 

:shrug:

 

She's not kidding.  She likes to bother us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Weezer said:

She's not kidding.  She likes to bother us.

 

Well, I'm more puzzled than bothered, Weezer.  :huh:

 

Teasing, bothering and lecturing atheist types seems to me to be a counterproductive way of spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ in this forum.

 

What about love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control?

 

Walter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
9 minutes ago, WalterP said:

What about love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control?

 

Oh, we'll have none of that tosh. Did you not read where God will spew thee out of his mouth? That you are like raging waves of the sea, foaming out your own shame?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

 

Oh, we'll have none of that tosh. Did you not read where God will spew thee out of his mouth? That you are like raging waves of the sea, foaming out your own shame?

 

If Thumbelina speaks to us in the tongues of men or angels, but does not have love, she is only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

 

If she has the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and knowledge and has a faith that can move mountains, but does not have love, then her words mean nothing.

 

Prophecies will cease, tongues will be stilled and knowledge will pass away, but love never fails.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WalterP said:

 

If Thumbelina speaks to us in the tongues of men or angels, but does not have love, she is only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

 

If she has the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and knowledge and has a faith that can move mountains, but does not have love, then her words mean nothing.

 

Prophecies will cease, tongues will be stilled and knowledge will pass away, but love never fails.

 

 

 

What a shame that she seems to have left again. Otherwise, I'm sure she'd be able to tell us what this passage really means.

 

If I recall correctly, it carries on, more or less, as follows:

 

And now these three annoyances remain: death, taxes, and the eventual return of Thumbelina. And the greatest of these is the eventual return of Thumbelina.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, disillusioned said:

 

What a shame that she seems to have left again. Otherwise, I'm sure she'd be able to tell us what this passage really means.

 

If I recall correctly, it carries on, more or less, as follows:

 

And now these three annoyances remain: death, taxes, and the eventual return of Thumbelina. And the greatest of these is the eventual return of Thumbelina.

 

Tut! Tut!

 

You naughty Lion.

 

;)

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator

Somebody once said something about the world knowing that you are my disciples by your love.  If this is true, then I'm not sure Thumperina is really a christian.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Somebody once said something about the world knowing that you are my disciples by your love.  If this is true, then I'm not sure Thumperina is really a christian.

 

By their fruits you will know them.

 

It's that simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought. The word "love" can be used for everything. I mean I heard that God sends people in Hell BECAUSE of his imense love. So she can say she "bothers" atheists out of love.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

Just a thought. The word "love" can be used for everything. I mean I heard that God sends people in Hell BECAUSE of his imense love. So she can say she "bothers" atheists out of love.

 

That's a fair point, Myrkoos.

 

 

But in mainstream Christianity Jesus is the ultimate embodiment of love. 

 

He defines what the word 'love' is in Christianity and its up to his true Christian followers to emulate his behaviour.

 

So, the burning question is, has Thumbelina behaved in a Christlike way in this thread?

 

This is not a question for her to answer, btw.

 

It's for us to answer.

 

 

Thank you.

 

Walter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator

It's about time for another incarnation of @OrdinaryClay, anyway; so it's okay that thumperina has flown the cuckoo's nest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's about time for another incarnation of @OrdinaryClay, anyway; so it's okay that thumperina has flown the cuckoo's nest. 

 

Go ahead and whip up an authentic christian account and we can take turns using it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's about time for another incarnation of @OrdinaryClay, anyway; so it's okay that thumperina has flown the cuckoo's nest. 

 

I hope OrdinaryClay does show up.

 

 

Reading back through BAA's content I saw that he had Caly on the ropes in a cosmology-related thread and the Christian threw in the towel and left the thread hanging.

 

I'd like to pick up BAA's baton and run with it, putting the same questions to OC again to see if he's got what it takes.

 

Oh... and also to show him in great detail how William Lane Craig's cosmology is nothing but a train wreck.

 

 

Walter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 6:30 PM, WalterP said:

 

By their fruits you will know them.

 

It's that simple.

Christ Walter, I see you have adopted BAA's message.  Don't respond.....I know what you will say....show evidence, show evidence.  blah blah fuck blah...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Christ Walter, I see you have adopted BAA's message.  Don't respond.....I know what you will say....show evidence, show evidence.  blah blah fuck blah...

 

 

The message didn't originate with BAA, Edgarcito.

 

Read your Bible.

 

That's where it says that true Christians will produce good fruit. (i.e., evidence)

 

 

And I see that BAA's efforts to help you produce good fruit were wasted.

 

Blasphemy?

 

Filthy words?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Which one of you is my daughter from Melbourne? (I mean Christian daughter from Melbourne?) I figure you're here under some account or account's.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AntiChrist said:

Which one of you is my daughter from Melbourne? (I mean Christian daughter from Melbourne?) I figure you're here under some account or account's.

 

 

 

You're the mischievous lion that started this thread.

Antichrist, you have some estrogen in you, so were you being facetious when you started this thread?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 3:52 AM, Myrkhoos said:

Just a thought. The word "love" can be used for everything. I mean I heard that God sends people in Hell BECAUSE of his imense love. So she can say she "bothers" atheists out of love.

 

What is your definition of love? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.