Goodbye Jesus

Did Jesus die for Adam & Steve?

AntiChrist

On 8/2/2020 at 6:58 PM, florduh said:

Yes, Professor. She drops in briefly every few months to

I don't give up on you guys. You guys will be missing out on paradise by default. While I may not always stop by, or only get lions who troll me, I can pray for you all & check in from time to time.

I'm glad you're still alive, pops. This pandemic took out other pops' out there, I was worried so I checked in.

I may not be able to convince you that God loves you but I can pray. God works in mysterious ways. Hey, sometimes reformed atheists make the best Christians.

• Super Moderator

You can also answer our questions, @Thumbelina.  That would matter more than your prayers.

5 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You can also answer our questions, @Thumbelina.  That would matter more than your prayers.

Prayers can move mountains, bro.

30 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

Even so, it would matter MORE TO US that you answer our questions, Thumbelina.

Are you a Seventh Day Adventist?

Walter.

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

We dont need any mountains moved, at the moment.  What we do need are answers to the questions we've asked.

Also, don't bro me if you don't know me.

3 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

Just not in anyway you can demonstrate, Ms. Mere Assertion.

16 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

Well, perhaps Thumbelina could go beyond mere assertion and provide geological evidence to support her claim, sdelsolray?

Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done.

The flat stub where a faith-moved mountain used to rest ought to do it.

Or maybe the telltale signs of a mega-tsunami inundating shorelines when the faith-moved mountain was thrown into the sea.

Walter.

The key is to make a mountain out of a mole-hill and then cast that into the sea.

mwc

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 7:25 PM, sdelsolray said:

It's not up to me to do so, it's up to God. I'll continue to pray for you precious lions. With God involved, lions can hangout peaceably with lambs (sheep) ;)

On 8/9/2020 at 6:58 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

We dont need any mountains moved, at the moment.  What we do need are answers to the questions we've asked.

Also, don't bro me if you don't know me.

Sorry. I meant bro as a fellow human.

19 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

It's not up to me to do so, it's up to God. I'll continue to pray for you precious lions. With God involved, lions can hangout peaceably with lambs (sheep) ;)

Wow, right after I read this my wife handed me something that the Jehovah's Witnesses mailed to us. It's a nice letter and a tract. Coincidence? I think not. I think I will investigate further into the unique understanding that the Jehovah's Witnesses have of the Holy Bible.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Thumbelina said:

With God involved, lions can hangout peaceably with lambs (sheep)

With god involved, you can tell us whether or not you're a Seventh Day Adventist.   Let's see if god's involved...  

Hey Thumbelina!   

If you follow this link you'll see that Josh19 openly declared that he was a Seventh Day Adventist, just a short while after joining.

He didn't have to be asked.  He came straight out with it.

But you've been in this forum for years and have 1,500+ posts to your name.

I wonder what's stopping you being as open and honest as Josh19?

That was a rhetorical question, btw.

The query I'd like you to answer is this.

Are you a Seventh Day Adventist?

Walter.

So, it's not up to you to support your mere assertions, at least according to you, so you delegate it to your imaginary sky fairy.  How convenient, cowardly, irrational and vacuous.

Instead of praying, perhaps you would consider actually doing something for someone else, such as helping a elderly person by carrying out their groceries to their car, or providing some food to a food bank, etc....you know, some act that will actually do some good.

26 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

So, it's not up to you to support your mere assertions, at least according to you, so you delegate it to your imaginary sky fairy.  How convenient, cowardly, irrational and vacuous.

Instead of praying, perhaps you would consider actually doing something for someone else, such as helping a elderly person by carrying out their groceries to their car, or providing some food to a food bank, etc....you know, some act that will actually do some good.

Looky here you runaway sheep pretending to be a lion, stop trying to misunderstand what I meant. I'm dealing with lion trolls here, they left Jesus :( & don't really want to discuss the actual topics. What is one to do? Pray for them. God alone can change hearts. I don't think people on here committed the unpardonable sin. I think they don't even know or understand what it is (I've read their comments on said topic). 

• Super Moderator
21 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

I don't think people on here committed the unpardonable sin. I think they don't even know or understand what it is (I've read their comments on said topic). 

I'm sure whatever you were told must be true then. Amazing. You're the first practicing Christian here, SDA or not, who claims she has the only correct interpretation. That was sarcasm, by the way.

7 minutes ago, florduh said:

I'm sure whatever you were told must be true then. Amazing. You're the first practicing Christian here, SDA or not, who claims she has the only correct interpretation. That was sarcasm, by the way.

The bible is its own interpreter. There's an amazing continuity in that book. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

The bible is its own interpreter.

How convenient  

6 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

There's an amazing continuity in that book. 

I would say there is an amazing lack of foresight and inspiration. In Genesis chapter 1 God is telling us everything is very good. By chapter 5 he is telling us that he regrets making man and that he will destroy everything. Didn't the all knowing God see that coming? I mean he must have because it's all part of the plan so why the regret?

God is all powerful. Also iron chariots can stop God.

Behold a virgin shall conceive and call him Immanuel... 500 years later... and behold his name is Jesus.

Brilliant continuity. 

FYI what you said contradicts the Bible. Rember the ethiopian eunuch reading Isaiah? And his declaration that he needs an interpreter? 

And it is not and never was its own interpreter historically. Both the Jews and Chrustians have a long tradition of commentaries, from the Oral Torah to the Holy Tradition. 

Sola Scriptura is a biblical and historical lie, this much I learned from the Eastern Orthodox that I still see as true. 

Present day evidence is that protestant churches that use that assertion have split into thousands of warring denominations. Warring intellectuallt and physically. 

The Bible itself is a product of the oral tradition that precedes and explains it. There was Christianity long before an official new testament canon was officially and widely accepted. Like there was a Koran before it was written down, like even Paul says Abraham was of God before the first written word of Genesis.

My father used to say basically the same thing.  "The bible says what it says, and means what it says."  But he didn't agree with you on several points.  How could you, he , and thousands of others come up with different ideas about what it says, but turn around and say there is only one interpretation??  Sounds kinda schizophrenic to me.

I hope you are enjoying your fantasy world.

9 minutes ago, Weezer said:

My father used to say basically the same thing.  "The bible says what it says, and means what it says."  But he didn't agree with you on several points.  How could you, he , and thousands of others come up with different ideas about what it says, but turn around and say there is only one interpretation??  Sounds kinda schizophrenic to me.

I hope you are enjoying your fantasy world.

Exactly why Sola Scriptura or interpreting the Bible by yourself is a historical and literary aberration. Jews relied and rely upon rabbis present and past, Christians on their sages, Muslims on scholars to interpret the Koran, etc. Every reading is an act of interpretation, of any text, so saying it does not need interpretation is just absurd. Religious scriptures in most traditions WERE NEVER used without the aid of a teacher and practicing community. Only the inventiin of the printing press and more widespread reading abilities could produce the environment in which such an idea as Sola Scriptura could even appear.

Then it can read itself. And I'll watch tv.

• Super Moderator

"The bible is self-explanatory."

~Says 41,000 different denominations. 

Are you a Seventh Day Adventist, Thumbelina?