Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Going to Do

Edgarcito

12 hours ago, AntiChrist said:

Religious by religion (Naturally)

Having a limited scientific background AC, I try to envision what is happening to what I am measuring.  I try to be observant of trends in my instruments and look to cause from what I observe....are the instruments running correctly.  So when I think about nature, I think about how all these dynamics end (cause), in the presentation we observe.  Makes me think of the push and pull of electrons, joining and non-joining chemistry, particle physics.  The quest for understanding chemistry/physics seems very similar to the quest for a god, something divine.  If we understood the infinitely small then we might be satisfied with the mechanics of how we are derived.  Or maybe the very large and work our way back to where we are.  But both prove out of our reach and I suppose will be as long as humanity survives. Given enough understanding we might truly understand each other from a cause and have empathy for how we got there.....from interpersonal relationships to plants to animals to weather.  I.e., his genetics and history lead him to this.  Ahh, then that's why he is what he is.  To  your question, life presents all the same challenges, imo, that we see in our everyday lives....the lack of understanding others to the point that is satisfies our need to know and be known.  Nature doesn't ask why...it just works by the mechanisms from which it is derived.

So in our frustration to understand, I'm not sure whether religion is a function of that frustration or whether there actually is a Designer that says, you only see in part now, but in full later.  I lean towards faith in God rather than science.....although science is impressive at times.  

Apologies for the word salad....just haven't thought about this in a long time and the thoughts are not readily at the forefront.....just come dribbling forth like a pee from a enlarged prostate....

2 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Having a limited scientific background AC, I try to envision what is happening to what I am measuring.  I try to be observant of trends in my instruments and look to cause from what I observe....are the instruments running correctly.  So when I think about nature, I think about how all these dynamics end (cause), in the presentation we observe.  Makes me think of the push and pull of electrons, joining and non-joining chemistry, particle physics.  The quest for understanding chemistry/physics seems very similar to the quest for a god, something divine.  If we understood the infinitely small then we might be satisfied with the mechanics of how we are derived.  Or maybe the very large and work our way back to where we are.  But both prove out of our reach and I suppose will be as long as humanity survives. Given enough understanding we might truly understand each other from a cause and have empathy for how we got there.....from interpersonal relationships to plants to animals to weather.  I.e., his genetics and history lead him to this.  Ahh, then that's why he is what he is.  To  your question, life presents all the same challenges, imo, that we see in our everyday lives....the lack of understanding others to the point that is satisfies our need to know and be known.  Nature doesn't ask why...it just works by the mechanisms from which it is derived.

So in our frustration to understand, I'm not sure whether religion is a function of that frustration or whether there actually is a Designer that says, you only see in part now, but in full later.  I lean towards faith in God rather than science.....although science is impressive at times.  

Apologies for the word salad....just haven't thought about this in a long time and the thoughts are not readily at the forefront.....just come dribbling forth like a pee from a enlarged prostate....

No.  That is false Edgarcito.

Science is a strictly agnostic method of investigating only the natural universe, looking only for the natural causes of natural effects and phenomenon.

You might believe that science is very similar to a quest for god.

That's because you erroneously believe that science IS a way of confirming what you already accept by faith.

But that is not what science is, nor what it does and not what it seeks to do.

BAA and others have patiently explained this to you, time and time again, over many years.

Science will never give you what you want.

Walter.

10 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

The quest for understanding chemistry/physics seems very similar to the quest for a god, something divine.  If we understood the infinitely small then we might be satisfied with the mechanics of how we are derived. 

One can venerate Jesus. One can venerate science. God is greater than us (in a believer's mind) and the natural universe is greater than us. The quest to discover the ultimate seems to be an innate function of humanity.

10 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Your use of metaphor .... is disturbing. lol. 

• Super Moderator
18 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

just come dribbling forth like a pee from a enlarged prostate

https://www.survivornet.com/articles/how-daily-masturbation-could-decrease-mens-risk-of-prostate-cancer/amp/

"Having a limited scientific background AC, I try to envision what is happening to what I am measuring."

If you want to learn how science works, what it can do and what it can't do Edgarcito, why not ask a scientist?

There are two that I know of, right here in Ex-C.

Bhim and The RedneckProfessor.

I reckon they'd be happy to help you gain a better understanding of science and how it works.

Why not just ask them?

Thanks,

Walter.

• Super Moderator
42 minutes ago, WalterP said:

"Having a limited scientific background AC, I try to envision what is happening to what I am measuring."

If you want to learn how science works, what it can do and what it can't do Edgarcito, why not ask a scientist?

There are two that I know of, right here in Ex-C.

Bhim and The RedneckProfessor.

I reckon they'd be happy to help you gain a better understanding of science and how it works.

Why not just ask them?

Thanks,

Walter.

The End3 incarnation of edgarcito claimed to be a scientist of some sort, analytical chemist, I think.  He tends to downplay his own understanding of science because admitting he understands it is tantamount to admitting his beliefs are bullshit.

6 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The End3 incarnation of edgarcito claimed to be a scientist of some sort, analytical chemist, I think.  He tends to downplay his own understanding of science because admitting he understands it is tantamount to admitting his beliefs are bullshit.

Lol, it presents a challenge every now and then, until I'm reminded by Walter why his argument is baseless.....TRULY baseless.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Edgarcito said:

Lol, it presents a challenge every now and then, until I'm reminded by Walter why his argument is baseless.....TRULY baseless.

The evidence (there's that word again) that you set a standard and then violated it is plain for everyone to see.

But now you are just lying about it.

Do the better thing and face up to your mistakes Edgarcito.

Learn from them instead of doubling down.

5 minutes ago, WalterP said:

The evidence (there's that word again) that you set a standard and then violated it is plain for everyone to see.

But now you are just lying about it.

Do the better thing and face up to your mistakes Edgarcito.

Learn from them instead of doubling down.

No, that's not right Walter.  There is no objective base for your position(s).  It is you that need to reconcile.  I'm out here in relative-land, floating happily in the breeze.  

10 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

No, that's not right Walter.  There is no objective base for your position(s).  It is you that need to reconcile.  I'm out here in relative-land, floating happily in the breeze.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(philosophy)

I don't need to provide any burden of proof for the standard you set up, Edgarcito.

You set it up, the burden of proof is on you.

I have already demonstrated that you have violated your own standard.

I therefore have no burden upon me.

However, you have now claimed that there is no objective base from my position.

Therefore, the burden of proof is upon you to demonstrate this.

Good luck with that.

Walter.

• 3 months later...

Me I just shrug and go about what I want to do. Sin doesnt exist, god doesnt exist nor any heaven or hell, well hell exists, also known as church.