Are there actually any "real" Christians

I'm not going to get bogged down on details as such, but I suspect a 400 AD Christian would not recognise a modern Christian as a "Christian". To me Christian is one who would obey and follow the will of the Father....and I submit that nearly all of them do no. Wealth is a Biblical no no, yet has no bearing on a rich Christian.Numerous public Christians get divorced and marry someone else, also a huge Biblical no no. These people surely do not really believe in the Bible or at the very least do not take it seriously. 

I don't follow the Bible myself as I think most of it is awful stuff. What excuse does a "true believer" have. 

1 hour ago, Castiel233 said:

These people surely do not really believe in the Bible or at the very least do not take it seriously.

This is what I always thought when I was young. If there's an eternal life waiting for those who are saved, why lead a life here that resembles a secular one in any way? There ought to be no tolerance for such depravity. Every moment should be dedicated to god.

The only explanation is, deep down they don't really believe it.

You'd probably have to look in a monastery to find real believers.

• Thanks 1

I doubt you'd find too many of those true xians in 400 CE either.  

mwc

The problem with this is that the term is not clearly defined.

I gave up arguing about anything that isn't clearly defined a while ago.

I don't argue about the existence of God, I don't argue about who is or isn't a "real Christian", I don't argue about the existence of spirits.

You'll get a different answer about what each of those things are from every person you ask, even if every one of them is from the exact same church.

If they are all from different denominations, you can forget about the answers being even remotely similar.

Even more so if they are different religions entirely.

Why should I care about other people's opinions and beliefs about something we can't even define consistently?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.