Goodbye Jesus

Blotted Out Of Book Of Life

jasonwhatever

The Scriptures warn against falling away, saying that if they had once received The Holy Spirit, and then fall away, "it is impossible to renew them again to repentance.....a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation which shall devour the adversaries." This goes hand-in-hand with the "blasphemy against The Holy Spirit" and the "sin unto death," which John Speaks of.

In The Scriptures, both Old Testament and New Testament, it speaks about A Book of Life, which God sometimes blots people out of. According to Jewish teaching in The Talmud, this occurs on Rosh Hashanah. Those who were once made Righteous by The Blood of Christ, but have lost The Holy Spirit, on that day are converted from the Book of Life to the Book of Death. And an awareness goes out, at the heralding of the blowing of the shofar. Apparantly, by the end of that year, the person will be slain by God.

I believe that I have experienced this, and will be slain by God by the end of the year. The last seven months have been a total nightmare, living in total horror and dread. This occured after I said "O my God!" I'm 27 years old, and am going to be dead and in the lake of fire by next Rosh Hashanah?!

Seems strange to me that people can live long lifes of raging sin and wickedness against by God and man, and then repent later and be saved. But, me who never had a chance to live slips with the tongue and says "Oh my God!" and I'm damned forever, and to die an early death?

Surely there is someone else out there who is experiencing the same thing. Because of this dread, I have lost my job, my peace, my future. I have only told one person. I can't tell my family. Who wants to be looked upon by everyone as a curse? If anyone else is suffering the same thing, please post back! I feel like a particular curse among men.

There is a God, and Jesus Christ is His Son. I've seen it by The Holy Spirit for sure, I have no doubt about it. Those who are Christians ought to becareful lest they fall into this same situation.

Thanks.

Huh? :twitch: Troll?

When I "fell away", many years ago, God got so upset so he tore out a whole page of the book, and with it followed thousands of names that accidently now are condemned for eternity too, just because of me. I feel very guilty... I just wish I had their names so I could send a "sorry!" Hallmark card.

Jason,

You need to talk to a professional counselor. I understand your fear is real to you, however it is beyond the range of normal. Please find a doctor who will dispense medication to help you function.

Taph

I agree with Taphie. Jason, talk to a professional who can help you get a grip on all this stuff. And not a fundy Xian who will fill your head with more hellfire and brimstone, but a good, reputable pro who knows what ticks in the human brain. You owe it to yourself, because you know no one claim their god is going to kill them at a certain time without something seriously being wrong.

When I left the cult, God didn't tear a page out of any book or blot my name out of anything. The Xian god ceased to exist in my mind since it does not exist in reality. I have other gods now, and none of them have books of life or erasers poised over the names of those who are ready to vote themselves off the island. There's no need to fear hellfire and torture, since there are man-made doctrines - and anything man has made, man can destroy.

When I "fell away", many years ago, God got so upset so he tore out a whole page of the book, and with it followed thousands of names that accidently now are condemned for eternity too, just because of me. I feel very guilty... I just wish I had their names so I could send a "sorry!" Hallmark card.

:eek: So that's what happened to me!

Jason:

This forum has many people on it who recanted their faith many years ago. Many Rosh Hashana's have passed. They're still here.

In The Scriptures, both Old Testament and New Testament, it speaks about A Book of Life, which God sometimes blots people out of. According to Jewish teaching in The Talmud, this occurs on Rosh Hashanah. Those who were once made Righteous by The Blood of Christ, but have lost The Holy Spirit, on that day are converted from the Book of Life to the Book of Death. And an awareness goes out, at the heralding of the blowing of the shofar. Apparantly, by the end of that year, the person will be slain by God.

I believe that I have experienced this, and will be slain by God by the end of the year. The last seven months have been a total nightmare, living in total horror and dread. This occured after I said "O my God!" I'm 27 years old, and am going to be dead and in the lake of fire by next Rosh Hashanah?!

Seems strange to me that people can live long lifes of raging sin and wickedness against by God and man, and then repent later and be saved. But, me who never had a chance to live slips with the tongue and says "Oh my God!" and I'm damned forever, and to die an early death?

Surely there is someone else out there who is experiencing the same thing. Because of this dread, I have lost my job, my peace, my future. I have only told one person. I can't tell my family. Who wants to be looked upon by everyone as a curse? If anyone else is suffering the same thing, please post back! I feel like a particular curse among men.

May I ask how this happened, exactly? What makes you think you're automatically condemned to Hell? What did you do to merit this?

Jason, you need help. Serious help. You can't go on in this way, and maintain your sanity at the same time. I'm not trying to slam you or anything like that- I'm being totally serious. Do it for yourself, man. I know you can do it.

There is a God, and Jesus Christ is His Son. I've seen it by The Holy Spirit for sure, I have no doubt about it. Those who are Christians ought to becareful lest they fall into this same situation.

Not to be a jerk, but if you really believe all this why are you asking us? 99% of the people on this site are no longer Christians (hence, exchristian.net), nor do we believe in characters like "Jesus", the "holy ghost", etc. Anyway according to your beliefs, we pretty much all been blotted out of the book.....yet I haven't dropped dead within the last 2 years. What else do you need?

Jason,

You seriously need a new denomination. :scratch: United Church of Christ.

I was sure that God was going to kill me with a tornado. That was about 45 years ago and I haven't even seen a tornado except on TV.

Besides if God isn't a liar there is another and saner way to salvation.

This forum has many people on it who recanted their faith many years ago. Many Rosh Hashana's have passed. They're still here.

Yes, but it is true that not all who profess were truly ever saved. Most on here don't believe that God is real. This seems unfathomable to me, if they were ever truly saved in the first place.

Above, someone asked what exactly did I do to have this happen? During last summer, I wandered away from The Lord in my heart and it culminated one day when I said "Oh my God!" I truly feel that at that point, The Lord left me and I was blotted out of The Book of Life.

I'm terrified and hopeless. No psychologist can fix my problem.

Not to be a jerk, but if you really believe all this why are you asking us? 99% of the people on this site are no longer Christians (hence, exchristian.net), nor do we believe in characters like "Jesus", the "holy ghost", etc. Anyway according to your beliefs, we pretty much all been blotted out of the book.....yet I haven't dropped dead within the last 2 years. What else do you need?

I was wondering a similar thing. Wouldn't it make more sense to ask a fundamentalist Christian for advice? Or is there more to this story than meets the eye?

Yes, but it is true that not all who profess were truly ever saved. Most on here don't believe that God is real. This seems unfathomable to me, if they were ever truly saved in the first place.

Above, someone asked what exactly did I do to have this happen? During last summer, I wandered away from The Lord in my heart and it culminated one day when I said "Oh my God!" I truly feel that at that point, The Lord left me and I was blotted out of The Book of Life.

Rosh Hashana? Isn't that a Jewish holiday? Which denomination are you, if I may ask? Why would a Jewish holiday have an impact on Christian beliefs? :scratch:

Another thing: what evidence do you have that any of this happened the way you say it did? None. Who gave you the idea that you would suffer this terrible fate? Whoever it was, shame on them. I have no respect for such sickening fear tactics. None.

Oh- and way to accuse me of not believing in God. I'm a *theist*! The only difference b/w you and me is that the deity I believe in doesn't commit the atrocities yours seems to. That's all. And anyway, if your God is such a bully, why do you want to be with Him/Her/It? Out of love? Or out of *fear*? Think about that one, Jason. Think long and hard.

I was wondering a similar thing. Wouldn't it make more sense to ask a fundamentalist Christian for advice? Or is there more to this story than meets the eye?

Good question. I think this person is having a spiritual crisis and needs spiritual help..... some fundies can probably help. Maybe Christian forums? I think he should get help, even if it is from some Christians....

If you don't think any of us were ever saved, then again.... why did you come here then? You could expect the same results going to a fundamentalist Islamist website and making the same post. I think you need to talk to some fellow Christians, not us.....have you tried that yet?

Good question. I think this person is having a spiritual crisis and needs spiritual help..... some fundies can probably help. Maybe Christian forums? I think he should get help, even if it is from some Christians....

Oh, God, NOT CF!!! That place will only screw him up more!

Of course, Christians outside of that forum may be of use to you, Jason. My counsellor is a (heretical) Catholic, and she respects my non-belief in her system. She's also sane. So if you want to stay Christian, why not talk to a believer who hasn't gone off the deep end? They might be of great help to you.

Oh, God, NOT CF!!! That place will only screw him up more!

Hehe, you're probably right. I just think he needs to talk to a Christian.... I honestly can't figure out why he came to exchristian.net for help? :shrug:

If you don't think any of us were ever saved, then again.... why did you come here then? You could expect the same results going to a fundamentalist Islamist website and making the same post. I think you need to talk to some fellow Christians, not us.....have you tried that yet?

Maybe he wants to know how we "cope" with being blotted out of the "Book of Life"? As for me, I'm "coping" much better than I used to- b/c it's very unlikely to be real in the first place.

Maybe he wants to know how we "cope" with being blotted out of the "Book of Life"?

Well it sounds like he's given us the usual "you were never True Christians ™" line that we hear so much, so not being one we could never had done anything to be blotted out. Which doesn't make much sense anyway, according to the beliefs we're going to hell either way, right? :HaHa:

Well it sounds like he's given us the usual "you were never True Christians " line that we hear so much, so not being one we could never had done anything to be blotted out. Which doesn't make much sense anyway, according to the beliefs we're going to hell either way, right? :HaHa:

Hmmm...not sure where this was mentioned, as Jason noted that some people lead lives of "sin", but can then "repent and be saved". If this is the case, I'm not sure that the redundant "True Christian" argument would apply. Not if some people can get a second chance.

No, I think there's something else going on here. And I'd like to know what it is. C'mon, Jason- we're waiting.

Hmmm...not sure where this was mentioned, as Jason noted that some people lead lives of "sin", but can then "repent and be saved". If this is the case, I'm not sure that the redundant "True Christian" argument would apply. Not if some people can get a second chance.

No, I think there's something else going on here. And I'd like to know what it is. C'mon, Jason- we're waiting.

He said this, which I equated to you were never a True Christian ™: "Yes, but it is true that not all who profess were truly ever saved. Most on here don't believe that God is real. This seems unfathomable to me, if they were ever truly saved in the first place."

But I would like to know what the deal is also....

Jason, why don't you talk to a pastor about this? I am sure he can give you good advice that fits in with your beleif system.

-Jake

He said this, which I equated to you were never a True Christian : "Yes, but it is true that not all who profess were truly ever saved. Most on here don't believe that God is real. This seems unfathomable to me, if they were ever truly saved in the first place."

But I would like to know what the deal is also....

Oh, right! Now I remember! My brain isn't quite functional at this hour of the night. ;)

Heh, you know what I call "Once Saved, Always Saved" philosophies? A setup!!! Oh wait- that's almost every Christian system. Nevermind. ;)

The Lord giveth and the Lord takest away, blessed be the name of the Lord.

Perhaps you were never truly saved in the first place. That means you never truly fell away. All you need to do is get truly saved and then hold your mouth just right for the rest of time. Shouldn't be too hard.

Good, that means there is a spot for me among the 144,000. How much are you selling your ticket for, now that you can't get in? Do I have to bid for it on E-bay, or can we do a deal under the table?

22 Hail Marys and 57 Our Fathers may do the trick. Sackcloth and ashes may help. Finding the Grail is always good for this.

On the other hand this is the way God is. You may just as well eat drink and be merry for Rosh Hashana cometh. That's what we do.

Jason, most of us here once truely believed in God, deeply...with all of our hearts and souls.

But for whatever reason, we came to conclude that it was all a great big lie. We were indoctrinated into a cult no different than any other weirdo cult that scrambles your brain.

You, obviously, are in a completely different place.

You either need psychological help, or advice from a christian, or both.

I know someone who I think might be able to help you, if you'd be interested in talking to him via email.

PM me if you are.

I wish you well.

I encourage you to go the Testimonials section of this forum, and red through the many witnesses of people who truly believed with all their heart and soul and who accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, but then came to the conclusion that what they so ardently believed before was really just a myth. And these people survive.

It sounds to me as though Christianity has done quite a bit of damage to your life, in how it has filled your mind with so much fear. People here call you messed up, but I bet they would admit that Christianity has put a few dents in their life as well. It certainly made me unhappy and caused me stress many times, particularly getting closer to the time when I deconverted.

I hope you someday get to the point when you can walk away from it all.

Wow, where to start? I didn't know that my crisis was going to offend so many, and that certainly was not my intention. I'm making a judgment as to who was saved and who was not, but I do know from experience that most who claim to be "Christian" are not truly saved; they are professors, finding something in the culture more than in The Faith.

Why am I not asking a preacher or fundamentalists? Because I already have. I have posted this on this board, because I assume that if God does indeed blot out fallen-away Christians on Rosh Hashanah, possibly somewhere out there someone will have been going through the same dread that I have been going through. I'm not looking so much for advice.

And why would a Jewish Holiday have any impact on a Christian? Because Christians-- those filled with The Holy Spirit-- are the new Israel, and the old Jewish Holidays are figures and shadows of things to come in Christ. They represent things that happen in the Heavenly realm, physical for Spiritual. For example, Christ died on The Passover; Pentecost occured on Shavuot.

I have no doubt that Christianity and The Christian GOD are Truly true. It make such complete sense and really has no contradictions whatsoever if read with an enlightened mind.

You should all reevaluate your blatant hatred and rejection of GOD Who Sees and Knows all things, and will Judge all things. And be glad that you weren't saved, lest you be in the same damnation that I believe I'm under. If you were never truly saved, you can still repent and become written in The Heavenly Tablets and filled with The Holy Spirit.

Sincerely,

jason

Really now??? :scratch: The Talmud - a Jewish book no less, actually speaks about "Those who were once made Righteous by The Blood of Christ" and, "have lost The Holy Spirit." ?

Although I've never read it, I find that harder to believe than say -- the wilting of the fig tree. :scratch:

:eek: So that's what happened to me!
I was going to say the same thing. :HaHa:

We're all goin' ta hayell 'cuz'o Han!

Jason,

You seriously need a new denomination. :scratch: United Church of Christ.

I was sure that God was going to kill me with a tornado. That was about 45 years ago and I haven't even seen a tornado except on TV.

Besides if God isn't a liar there is another and saner way to salvation.

That's all good and everything, Cheffy, but you made that post on April 1st! :lmao:

================================================

I have no doubt that Christianity and The Christian GOD are Truly true. It make such complete sense and really has no contradictions whatsoever if read with an enlightened mind.
If so, then you would be dead then, right?

Or would that be a contradiction?

You should all reevaluate your blatant hatred and rejection of GOD Who Sees and Knows all things, and will Judge all things. And be glad that you weren't saved, lest you be in the same damnation that I believe I'm under. If you were never truly saved, you can still repent and become written in The Heavenly Tablets and filled with The Holy Spirit.

Sincerely,

jason

You might as well get the hell out of here now. :mellow:

We don't hate your God.

Your God doesn't exist!

We do, indeed, hate your idol (read Bible) that you claim to be true. Do you know why we hate it? Because it fucks a lot of people up -- just like it did you!

Our "hatred" is directed at exactly what has caused YOUR dillema.

How fucking DARE you come in here and type to us like this!!

ExC isn't for you.