Goodbye Jesus

Pagan marketing, music, etc

Fuego

I was watching some German pagan music on YouTube last week, and although there were elements about it that I found attractive, I also couldn't help noticing that it was all couched in what looked like marketing. The odd clothing; the use of antlers and mushrooms; painted faces and odd haircuts; all of it seemed like expected trappings to sell the music as authentic. I get the need for a vibe, the same way heavy metal used dark themes to sell albums (gosh I'm old). It's like the wizarding world of Harry Potter all having cloaks and cauldrons because that is expected.

For me, a pagan view of things currently exists without dressing up like I'm a Viking or Celt. The ceremonies are as meaningful to now as then, even with a conservative haircut and clothing. I don't need to speak Norse or write in runes to observe the cycles of life and death throughout history and prehistory. The lessons of extinction are important for us to learn. The climate of the whole planet may become intolerable for humans and a lot of current life. But the pendulum swings and things change again. And again. We might survive in some form, or go the way of the T Rex. There may be some actual things we can do for terraforming to help alter some of the climate change, but that runs smack into those wanting immediate profit and who are willing to kill to get it. The views help me find perspective on human behavior and beliefs, the various politics and religions, the empires that rule for centuries and then fall to comparative barbarians. 

So I try to observe, learn, respect the lifecycles and how nature can be wonderful or can make me into food for another set of creatures. I listen to music and sing while I am able. I try to be kind and make life as good as possible for myself and for any others I can help. That is by choice after observing how various attitudes shape the world. 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Dressing up is a big part of the fun - look at the RCC for example. Most people want to feel special and you can't do that very well without looking the part. But remember, the most highly respected Buddha is indistinguishable from a regular person.

• Like 1

RCC?

• Super Moderator

I've tried learning to write in the old Celtic script; but I always rune it with my clumsy hands.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fuego said:

RCC?

Roman Catholic Church

• Like 2

On 8/30/2020 at 2:36 PM, Fuego said:

So I try to observe, learn, respect the lifecycles and how nature can be wonderful or can make me into food for another set of creatures. I listen to music and sing while I am able. I try to be kind and make life as good as possible for myself and for any others I can help. That is by choice after observing how various attitudes shape the world. 

👍👍 

It is rather humbling when you realize the cockroachs may outlive the human race.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.