Goodbye Jesus

This thread is about why I have more courage than a atheist.

LeiaBryant

after some thought I've come to the realization that have more courage than atheists because I believe the God that was raised with is real and choose to reject him anyway. I'm ex-NIFB(new independent fundamentalist Baptist AKA Steven Anderson's cult) and I believe their God is real. ( For purpose of discussion let's give the rest of Christianity the benefit of the doubt and assume they have a different God than the NIFB) I believe this horrible monster the NIFB teaches about is a real being (I'm a medium and a sensitive and I'm sure there is a real entity being worshipped by them) and I choose blatant and open rebellion knowing that if I lose I'll burn a fire forever. I believe their God is real and hate the bastard. I don't think most atheist would have the brass balls to stand up to him if they believe he was real they would instead be narcissistic supply for all eternity. I'm thankful for those of you who are atheist and who stand against them but I think I'm more courageous than any of you. So do you agree with my statement that have more courage than a atheist rejecting the NIFB's God?

Goodbye Jesus
  • Super Moderator

This ain't a god damn competition. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LeiaBryant said:

I believe this horrible monster the NIFB teaches about is a real being (I'm a medium and a sensitive and I'm sure there is a real entity being worshipped by them) and I choose blatant and open rebellion knowing that if I lose I'll burn a fire forever.

How do you propose to win?

21 minutes ago, TABA said:

How do you propose to win?

I'm still working on that part. 

• Super Moderator

So gullibility is masquerading as courage now? 

Learned Christian and Hebrew scholars are unable to present evidence for their god's existence so maybe Leia will do so. Please, you have the floor.......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

after some thought I've come to the realization that have more courage than atheists because I believe the God that was raised with is real and choose to reject him anyway. I'm ex-NIFB(new independent fundamentalist Baptist AKA Steven Anderson's cult) and I believe their God is real. ( For purpose of discussion let's give the rest of Christianity the benefit of the doubt and assume they have a different God than the NIFB) I believe this horrible monster the NIFB teaches about is a real being (I'm a medium and a sensitive and I'm sure there is a real entity being worshipped by them) and I choose blatant and open rebellion knowing that if I lose I'll burn a fire forever. I believe their God is real and hate the bastard. I don't think most atheist would have the brass balls to stand up to him if they believe he was real they would instead be narcissistic supply for all eternity. I'm thankful for those of you who are atheist and who stand against them but I think I'm more courageous than any of you. So do you agree with my statement that have more courage than a atheist rejecting the NIFB's God?

What if he is real, but doesn't actually have the power to cast you into hell?

• Like 2

You could be. Or you could just be too foolish to feel fear, because the punishment by hellfire is too distant, even if you believe it. Only you can know what is true about yourself. Then again, like @TheRedneckProfessorpoints out, others have their own fears to face, and you can't know what it's like for them, i.e. how fearsome they find it to risk some personal loss in this current life.

In essence, terms like 'brave' and 'coward' are primarily hot air to suck up to those we can take advantage of or slander our opponents with.

Perhaps if you were being tortured by flames right now, you'd be quick to pledge your allegiance to whatever monster necessary. Still, maybe even then there's some value in resisting an absolute inevitability while you're still free enough to do so. Dunno. You do you.

• Super Moderator

As @ToHellWithMe said, you may feel some sense of courage in that you believe in YHWH, but you don't bend the knee. If this God did have the power to send you to eternal torture, it wouldn't be long before you were begging to get out. Everyone has a breaking point and it is probably a lot closer than you think.

I get where you are coming from, but I disagree with you on a foundational basis. I don't buy into what you believe, even about yourself, as comporting to reality. Now, I am always open to new information, but unless you could demonstrate, that is, verify your beliefs in magic through rigorous and controlled testing, I take a skeptical position. These claims have been made so many times over the years and every time it turns out to be false. Matter of fact, if you could demonstrate the validity of magic, you would open a whole new branch of science. I would highly encourage you to reach out to James Randy and show us all the error of our disbelief in magic, spells, curses and the like.

While you  may not lack for courage Leia, you don't seem to have gained any freedom from the god you hate so much.

A slave who hates their master, but who can do nothing to set themselves free from him can have all the courage in the world.

But their courage will not set them free.

They will remain a slave, albeit a rebellious one.

So long as they remain obsessed with vengeance, retribution and reprisals, this god has total power over them.

I cannot speak for anyone else here, but as an atheist I have totally freed myself from the god I once worshipped and adored.

He has no power over me.

I am free of ALL emotional ties to him.

So, which one of us is truly free, Leia?

And do you have the courage to become truly free?

Walter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

I dont think atheists care much about hypothetical scenarios regarding a being that is supposed to be a superdick , yet for some reason cant make a personal appearance in reality. 

My thought of what is really going on with the NIFB is Steven Anderson is a superdick and has attracted other like-minded dickheads and now they are all a big happy dickhead church family. I do hope you are successful in finding a way to prevent people from joining this cult and can assist people in exiting it. 

I really dont see anything wrong with someone being an atheist. Though I tend to disagree with some of them at times. :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WalterP said:

So long as they remain obsessed with vengeance, retribution and reprisals, this god has total power over them.

When you stop thinking about God he ceases to exist.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

You know, it's okay to just come right out and say that you hate atheists.  It will save a lot of time and effort.

mwc

Here we go again - another 'atheist' thread... *Puts on epic trailer voice* Last month at Ex-C - atheists should watch a video about being anti-anti theistic, in which the discussion turned to should we be anti anti, or pro anti? This month it's a cock measuring contest to see who is has more courage - because one person knows that she has more courage than all the people who she doesn't know jack shit about. Coming to a thread near you - September 2nd, 2020. 

Before I launch into my reply: The last time Leia called out atheists the atheists got a bit of flack for responding and being a bit on the nose. I hope we don't get another episode of 'naw teh afeist is bewing nasty to meh'. Alright humor aside, lets hit it!

19 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

after some thought I've come to the realization that have more courage than atheists because I believe the God that was raised with is real and choose to reject him anyway.

So what has happened here is that Leia still hasn't overcome her indoctrination fully, and somehow thinks that this flaw is the virtue of courage. Never mind the atheists who are thrown out of their homes, who who've had relationships torn apart upon telling others of their non belief. 

I'm ex-NIFB(new independent fundamentalist Baptist AKA Steven Anderson's cult) and I believe their God is real. ( For purpose of discussion let's give the rest of Christianity the benefit of the doubt and assume they have a different God than the NIFB) I believe this horrible monster the NIFB teaches about is a real being (I'm a medium and a sensitive and I'm sure there is a real entity being worshipped by them) and I choose blatant and open rebellion knowing that if I lose I'll burn a fire forever. I believe their God is real and hate the bastard.

I think you are just displaying a lack of critical thinking skills. The NIFB God has specific characteristics that are logically inconsistent, and incompatible with reality. Ipso facto we could actually make the positive case that this God doesn't exist. (Do you believe in Sauron - that guy is pretty horrible too.)

I don't think most atheist would have the brass balls to stand up to him if they believe he was real they would instead be narcissistic supply for all eternity. I'm thankful for those of you who are atheist and who stand against them but I think I'm more courageous than any of you.

One of my positions is that IF the God of the bible turns out to be real I would believe that God exists but I wouldn't worship him. But that's more of a philosophical position. There's no evidence this God actually exists so I won't get to show off my brass balls... unfortunately. The world is a sadder place because of this.

So do you agree with my statement that have more courage than a atheist rejecting the NIFB's God?

No. If you want my honest opinion, your statement is mostly bullshit. Good on you for getting out of NIFB physically, but you are still not free of them mentally, and now you have this bullshit thing about posting about atheists this, and atheists should watch that.

Atheists don't believe in the theistic bullshit others believe in (They might believe in other bullshit though). And that's ok. You are free to believe in what you want, and I'm free to not believe in it.

I note you are intent on atheists, but not a-unicornsists, or a-supernaturalists, or a-spiritualists, or a-wooists. Any particular reason why you are focused on one particular thing?

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I'm mad at Santa Claus.  This makes me a better person than them as don't believe he exists.  

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, mwc said:

You know, it's okay to just come right out and say that you hate atheists.  It will save a lot of time and effort.

mwc

I don't hate atheist just anti-theist really piss me off and I was venting that. Sorry if any non-anti-theist was offended by that

@LeiaBryant I don't think it's a competition but, hey, if it means you're throwing wrenches into the Xian religious agenda, then more power to you.

2 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

I don't hate atheist just anti-theist really piss me off and I was venting that. Sorry if any non-anti-theist was offended by that

I'm not offended.  I'm also not sure I believe you.

I do think that you're tilting at windmills.  You seem to be a Don Quixote in search of a Sancho to help in your quest.  Why you keep looking to us I have no clue.  

mwc

• Super Moderator
17 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

How could this anti theist be offended by you? I get that you hate me because I oppose all the antiquated god beliefs. I, on the other hand, don't hate theists but I do pity them. The reason I'm anti theist is because the unfounded belief in various gods engenders departures from reality, and we have real problems to address. I'm still open to any theist who can offer actual evidence that it's not just make believe. Cue the crickets...........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

What pisses you off about anti-theists?  

2 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Weak people revenge.

Strong people forgive.

Intelligent people ignore.

-Albert Einstein

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 9:59 AM, LeiaBryant said:

after some thought I've come to the realization that have more courage than atheists because I believe the God that was raised with is real and choose to reject him anyway.

Not so fast. Given the god IS proven to exist, most of us would readily reject the god as you have. There's no evidence that it does, so there's nothing at this point to reject. There's just a general lack of positive belief. Based on all of the evidence, logic and reason surrounding the debate for the existence of any god. 

What evidence do you have that the NIFB god exists and is also worthy of the amount of time and vitriol you spend on him? Genuinely curious. 

Sometimes the best response to an O.P. is no response.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Sometimes the best response to an O.P. is no response.

Where's the fun in that? We are bored witless out of our minds, no decent Christian in the lions den, and covid lockdowns seeing many of us with a lot of time and nothing to do. :D

• Haha 3