Goodbye Jesus

Precession as the Framework of Christian Origins

Robert_Tulip

On 9/12/2020 at 3:51 AM, Robert_Tulip said:

My attached short essay on Precession as the Framework of Christian Origins was published last year as an Appendix in The Christ Conspiracy Second Edition by DM Murdock (Acharya S).  (4000 words)

I helped Dr Robert M. Price to edit this new second edition. This book was quite controversial when it first came out in 1999, with its uncompromising presentation of the hypothesis that the myth of Jesus Christ arose as a personification of the Sun.  I agree with this argument, and consider that it presents a complex and coherent perspective on religion.

Before her death in 2015, Acharya began editing her planned CC second edition, aiming to remove some of the more contentious material and present her main arguments more clearly. I had worked closely with her on some areas of her analysis of astrotheology, so was pleased to be able to help with this work, and enjoyed going through the book in detail to edit it. 

My own long term theological interest is in this topic of Precession as the Framework of Christian Origins, which I consider provides a compelling scientific explanation of many of the perspectives that Acharya presents. This idea helps to explain the role of conspiracy in Christianity, firstly among the secret Gnostic mystic philosophers who first developed the Christ Myth as allegory, and secondly in the orthodox church, as they systematically rewrote Christian origins to exclude its founding natural cosmology and pretend that the events described in the Gospels actually happened.  

As a hypothesis, the precession hypothesis raises such controversial material that it is difficult to discuss. The essential argument is that Jesus Christ was deliberately invented as avatar of the zodiac ages of Pisces and Aquarius. I think this idea should be of interest to ex-Christians, as a way to help excavate the abiding truths that are hidden beneath the supernatural rubble of Christendom. 

I would welcome any questions or critique or conversation about the ideas in this paper.

Thanks

Precession as the Framework of Christian Origins by Robert Tulip, published in The Christ Conspiracy Second Edition.pdf 328.3 kB · 20 downloads

Hi Robert, you're really into this stuff. :) To me Jesus as a Christ is no more than a joke, hardly worth the time to develop serious considerations. I know we are in a society where the majority claim to be Christian, but many of them are not serious Christians and don't go to any church.

But such an article would have more readers than pure science stuff, I would expect.

Although I agree with the general premise, ideas and conclusions of the paper, I don't see how the word precession fits in excepting as a representation of dizzy Christian apologetics.

Precession

12 hours ago, pantheory said:

Hi Robert, you're really into this stuff. :)

Hi Pantheory, thanks very much for your comment.  Yes you are right, I have a scientific hypothesis about the relationship between Christianity and precession which I have been studying for many years.  Unfortunately I have found very little interest in exploring it other than from the great Josh Pantera, with this conversation here continuing our exchanges over the last decade on various platforms.

To me Jesus as a Christ is no more than a joke, hardly worth the time to develop serious considerations.

·       I am sorry to hear that, although I understand and respect why people take that position. 

·       I take Christianity seriously as an ethical vision.  However, there is a major clash between the Christendom dogma of the saving power of belief in Jesus and the transformative moral framework of the Gospels. 

·       The text that is central to the ethical politics of Jesus in my view is the Last Judgement at Matt 25:31ff, with its explanation that our salvation depends solely on performance of works of mercy and respect for the marginalised, not on belief. 

·       Christianity does offer a serious contribution to moral theory, but only once its supernatural content has been reinterpreted in scientific terms

I know we are in a society where the majority claim to be Christian, but many of them are not serious Christians and don't go to any church.

·       The widespread nominal Christianity is really not surprising since church teachings are so incoherent and church practices have often been less than ethical. 

·       My view is that Christianity can regain respect only when it undergoes a radical paradigm shift to become compatible with modern scientific knowledge, something I think can be achieved through the systematic analysis of the precession framework.

But such an article would have more readers than pure science stuff, I would expect.

·       Yes, the discussion of this material should be grounded in science but extend to explore the social and political implications in a simple and accessible way.

Although I agree with the general premise, ideas and conclusions of the paper, I don't see how the word precession fits in excepting as a representation of dizzy Christian apologetics.

Precession

·       The point, in my interpretation, is that the original authors of the Gospels used the observable framework of precession as the temporal structure for their ideas.  Seers could predict from centuries beforehand when the equinox point would cross the first fish of Pisces.  This observation naturally led to the idea that this celestial shift would mark a new age on earth, as a turning point of time marking a unique moment of celestial harmony. 

·       The idea of a new age led to the hope for a messiah to lead the change, which in turn led to the imaginative construction of what such a messiah might look like.  This was a broadly supported religious movement, although conducted largely in secret. It generated widespread discussion, with a range of stories connected to the messianic expectation. 

·       These stories were collected in the Gospels, initially as a way to initiate new members into the secret mystery vision of the messiah.  However, like the Sorcerer’s Apprentice, the authors did not imagine the wild social success of their visions of Christ, and they could not control their creation. 

·       The previous hope for a messiah gave rise to the fervent emotional popular belief that a messiah had actually lived, a belief as intractable as current popular Christian faith.  The Gospel stories fitted directly into this political context, all originally inspired by scientific observation of precession. 

·        The importance today of this movement is that Christianity offers a key platform for cultural evolution, an institutional basis to create the planetary transformation needed to avoid the perils of conflict and collapse that our fragile situation threatens.