Goodbye Jesus

In this thread we discuss the personality traits we seek to cultivate within ourselves.

LeiaBryant

I personally I trying to master the personality traits in the charge of the Goddess. So love& pleasure,beauty& strength,power& compassion, honor & humility,and mirth & reverence. 

So what about the rest of you, what are you trying to do to grow as a person?

I'm not sure. Just try to be nice to people even if they have some wacky ideas. 

• Like 2

Thou shalt not be a dick. Everything else stems from this commandment. 

• Like 4

I struggle with so much . . .at work (repurcussions from covid) and personally. I just want to develop a sense of peace in all situations. I'm using meditation and art therapy to try to see if that peace grows within.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems like every day, for ages, I have struggled with my ego.  I need to constantly ask myself, "will this help me feel better about myself as a human being?"  Also, when dealing with others, "will this help the other person feel good about themself as a human being?"  Too often my self centered, sarcastic ego comes through, leaving everyone involved feeling worse.

4 hours ago, Weezer said:

It seems like every day, for ages, I have struggled with my ego.  I need to constantly ask myself, "will this help me feel better about myself as a human being?"  Also, when dealing with others, "will this help the other person feel good about themself as a human being?"  Too often my self centered, sarcastic ego comes through, leaving everyone involved feeling worse.

Those who are able to self-reflect as you have,  rarely (in my experience, anyway) have big ego issues. Perhaps its not as bad as you imagine?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, freshstart said:

Perhaps its not as bad as you imagine?

It rears it's head occasionally.  Just ask my wife! 😁   

But, for some reason, your God seems to calm me down some!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Weezer said:

But, for some reason, your God seems to calm me down some!

My god is chocolate. Chocolate has a calming effect on  you? (As if there weren't already enough reasons to be a chocolate addict!) 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator
9 hours ago, freshstart said:

My god is chocolate. Chocolate has a calming effect on  you? (As if there weren't already enough reasons to be a chocolate addict!) 😄

Chocolate is most certainly worthy of worship, and it actually exists! Personally, as a Pastafarian, spaghetti is my god so I strive to remain al dente as much as possible and I also welcome a variety of sauces with the occasional meatball. Praise Cheeses! Ramen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

I think the biggest thing I'm trying to cultivate in myself is more imagination, and also more cynicism/pessimism. Also decisiveness. I also am very lazy, and trying to understand the limits of human willpower - essentially the opposite of self-help/confidence boosting books/lectures/etc. I don't buy the hype about "grit, hustling, increasing willpower, positive thinking, growth mindset, etc." Just trying to build a mind that appreciates my mortality, limitations, and the mortality and limitations of others, and to make the most of my go around in this life, and what I can do to make others have better lives in the best way possible (I have not solved this, and still thinking deeply on this). 

• Like 1

@tiredofwork,

I can certainly see the indecisiveness ;) part.

In my end, I need to be less of a pushover.  It doesn't mean I'm not nice, just need to learn to say "no" more and not feel like I'm letting people down.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.