Goodbye Jesus

The Law of Attraction

ReducedtoAtoms

This is just a theory really but I'm sure most people (not everyone) has heard of subliminals before but they work just like the placebo effect, like how people pray. And the there are even some instances where subliminals have healed people. 

Then you have manifest your fictional crush. Yes, a fictional crush and the odd thing about Is how people actually start hearing things, seeing things, dream, and in some cases feel. Reminds you of anything? 

It be odd to think that Satan is decieving you....Because yes, you can deceive someone so much their body magically heals itself, or you can deceive someone so much their hair changes color or they loose weight, or maybe even deceive someone so much they get dreams instead of nightmares. I had no idea Satan was capable of this! I thought he was only capable of evil. And besides manifestation involves a lot of positivity and determination (and water) All things I'm sure the anti-Christ hates. 

Why am I rambling about Satan? Because I'm sure if you'd bring this up with a Christian they assume this I should know, I done it.

(However there are some subliminals where the messages are saying evil things..but that shows that subliminals are powerful.)

The bible mentions law of attraction and how you speak of something it'll happen, as in praying. And how believing in God and the power of his kingdom will grant you any wish you want. (Unless his answer is no, or not yet) 

But the fact that you could speak for something to come into life and it'll happen makes me question prayer. And I feel crappy every time I question God. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ReducedtoAtoms said:

But the fact that you could speak for something to come into life and it'll happen makes me question prayer. And I feel crappy every time I question God. 

Are you saying that you believe God answers prayer? Or no. 

Do you feel crappy questioning God because he is answering prayers? Or some other reason. I didnt quite understand your statement.

Placebo effect is really interesting to me, along with spontaneous remission. Placebo effect is mind over matter, at least your own matter. 

I feel certain things can be caused to occur by your will, but because your will is subtle, the effect is subtle as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReducedtoAtoms said:

And how believing in God and the power of his kingdom will grant you any wish you want. (Unless his answer is no, or not yet)  

But couldn't you get the same effect by praying to any god or object?  It might, or might not come true.   To me, his answer being "no", or "not yet" is a "cop out." 

Keep on questioning.  It took me over 30 years of off and on questioning before things really "jelled."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

Are you saying that you believe God answers prayer? Or no. 

Do you feel crappy questioning God because he is answering prayers? Or some other reason. I didnt quite understand your statement.

Placebo effect is really interesting to me, along with spontaneous remission. Placebo effect is mind over matter, at least your own matter. 

I feel certain things can be caused to occur by your will, but because your will is subtle, the effect is subtle as well.

Its the fear of God that makes me think maybe im just thinking to much. I feel crappy because even though I never had a relationship with God I still feel stupid and scared, and that if there is a higher being it be very disappointed in me for defying them. Or being tricked by the "enemy." 

27 minutes ago, ReducedtoAtoms said:

if there is a higher being it be very disappointed in me for defying them. Or being tricked by the "enemy." 

Are you familiar with psychological conditioning (programing) and cults?  It sounds like you were "programed" from an early age to fear authority and be obediant.   Being curious and asking questions is healthy, and truth invites questions and curosity.  Indoctrination and "programing" discourages questioning.  That is what cults do.  What is your church background?

11 hours ago, Weezer said:

Are you familiar with psychological conditioning (programing) and cults?  It sounds like you were "programed" from an early age to fear authority and be obediant.   Being curious and asking questions is healthy, and truth invites questions and curosity.  Indoctrination and "programing" discourages questioning.  That is what cults do.  What is your church background?

I didn't actually often go to church, I wasn't interested but it was the conspiracy my mom always showed me and the end of the word, and subliminal demon messages in tv shows, and Micheal Jackson selling his soul. 

It sounds like you have a healthy curiosity.  Keep studying, weigh the evidence, and listen to what your intuition is telling you.  I am sure your Mom means well, but she may have been misled by others along the way.  

• Like 2

On 9/30/2020 at 1:21 PM, ReducedtoAtoms said:

I didn't actually often go to church, I wasn't interested but it was the conspiracy my mom always showed me and the end of the word, and subliminal demon messages in tv shows, and Micheal Jackson selling his soul. 

So you don't have a particularly intellectual stake in religion, such as in-depth bible reading or doctrinal knowledge of any particular denomination? 

The conspiracy aspect is a tricky business if you ask me. Denying it is pointless. Hollywood has all kinds of ties to esotericism and occult symbolism. Denying that is futile. It's there in a lot of places. But it isn't exactly what you think it is. Or what your mom or pastors tell you that it is. It has no bearing on the existence of a literal devil. 

What it has to do with is the popularity associated with rebelling against traditional western, and therefore christian values. That is the meaning behind things like the Bohemian Grove, and assorted occult symbolism seen at half time shows, Disney, etc., etc. Rebellion against these christian myths became popular as the power of the church began to decline. You just have to try and keep in mind that none of this proves or means that the myths, including either the god or devil, really exist. 

You have to try and reverse back further than that. Take it to square one. What evidence is there that a god, let alone a devil type adversary of that god, really exist? 

Try your best to answer that question. The evidence is what? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ReducedtoAtoms said:

Its the fear of God that makes me think maybe im just thinking to much. I feel crappy because even though I never had a relationship with God I still feel stupid and scared, and that if there is a higher being it be very disappointed in me for defying them. Or being tricked by the "enemy." 

Ask God to visit you in person for a chat. That's the least he could do if he wants a relationship with you. If it's 'above' his status to come down and visit the lowly human beings then he aint worth it (or isn't real). If Christians live in God's mansion forever after they leave this earth then a quick visit while you're still alive is not too much to ask. :)

If God isnt real, then the 'enemy' definitely isnt real. Who is more powerful, God or Satan? Why would God allow Satan to trick you? Why would God leave you in such a state that you can't be sure that he really exists at all? Why should you worship someone that can't even let you know that he is real? 

A Christian will say faith is important, but I disagree. For what valid purpose would someone who really existed remain silent, absent and insist you 'believe' in him? 

Most people here also think too much. (haha) Thinking and knowledge is the enemy of Christianity.

• Like 5

On 10/1/2020 at 12:09 AM, midniterider said:

Thinking and knowledge is the enemy of Christianity.

And of all supernatural religions.

• Super Moderator

.eil a si ytinaitsirhc dna laer ton si elbib eht fo dog ehT    

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

.eil a si ytinaitsirhc dna laer ton si elbib eht fo dog ehT    

🐴

• Super Moderator
On 9/29/2020 at 11:17 PM, midniterider said:

It is very interesting. In every drug study the control group who takes the placebo always has a number of participants, sometimes a large number, who benefit the same as if they had taken the drug. The mind definitely has a lot of control over the body. Stress, emotions, expectations and belief seem to play the biggest roles in our health. If you do happen to take a real drug, don't ask about the possible side effects or you will get them!