Goodbye Jesus

Thinking about becoming more active on here

Guest KrysLostInSpace

Guest KrysLostInSpace

Eh so long story short I'm being forced to go back to church and avoiding it is near impossible for reasons I will not go into. Whether or not I have to sit in the sermons is up to debate so if I can at least get out of those by helping in children's church might be possible. However, if I cannot, I've been thinking about taking notes on the sermon and then debunking them on here as something therapeutic. So for the next 7 weeks, the pastor has plans to use apologetics to explore the past "prophecies" in the Old Testament and use the New Testament to prove them. Basically shit in the Old Testament coming true in Jesusville. Unfortunately, when I had to sit in on their sermon and despite not believing shit, I could still feel that past Christian headspace. Gotta love the neuron connections that never quite left. Whether or not I sit it on the sermons, I still more or less plan to become a more active presence on this site and hopefully a voice for those trying to escape Christianity's clutches. I look forward to working with you guys. : )

• Super Moderator

As I have advised dependent minors who must still obey their parents, adopt the role of anthropologist. Study the tribe and its behaviors and belief systems. Observe the hierarchy structure and try to discern outliers in the group. Write a paper with your findings and bring it here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think your strategy makes sense. It's a great way to assert your mental independence and freedom, while being forced to go through the motions! 

• Like 1

Guest KrysLostInSpace
20 hours ago, florduh said:

As I have advised dependent minors who must still obey their parents, adopt the role of anthropologist. Study the tribe and its behaviors and belief systems. Observe the hierarchy structure and try to discern outliers in the group. Write a paper with your findings and bring it here.

I'm not a minor, just in a nasty financial situation and hoping to go to college soon. No I do not have any place to go.

Dependency has it's drawbacks.  Be thankful you are not out on the street.