Goodbye Jesus

Groupthink Theory

pantheory

I hope that isn't too far off-topic, only really to say that groupthink is, in my experience such a part of how humans seem to be wired that of course you can expect to find it as a factor in religious thinking and dogma.

1 hour ago, alreadyGone said:

I hope that isn't too far off-topic, only really to say that groupthink is, in my experience such a part of how humans seem to be wired that of course you can expect to find it as a factor in religious thinking and dogma.

this sub-forum is science vs. religion so you're exactly on topic :)

1 hour ago, alreadyGone said:

Isn't it interesting that Brother Mario came here rambling on and on about groupthink? As a christian? Talk about the kettle calling the pot black. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

Isn't it interesting that Brother Mario came here rambling on and on about groupthink? As a christian? Talk about the kettle calling the pot black. 

BrotherMario said he seldom went to Mass. I can believe that :)   He doesn't act like any devout Christian I ever listened to. He acts more like a narcissist, and by his own titling a Braggadocio.  Maybe when he was younger, but presently I don't think Groupthink had much to do with the formation of his personality.

Here on X-Christ I believe I see the influences of Groupthink on occasion (group anti-Christians), especially in the lion's Den and Colosseum. We were the lions and BrotherMario was the Christian. But he deserved a good mauling, dismemberment, and excommunication from our forum -- that Braggadocio. :madhopA:

I think it was Weezer who said that he didn't recall ever seeing any thread totally about a Christian poster himself, that was self initiated like BrotherMario did.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, pantheory said:

He acts more like a narcissist, and by his own titling a Braggadocio. 

In Brothermario's defense, I'm the one who affixed the Braggadocio moniker to his account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

In Brothermario's defense, I'm the one who affixed the Braggadocio moniker to his account.

Got it, but it does rightfully explain many of his postings. Because of his audatious personality I expected he was capable of describing himself that way.  

• Super Moderator
46 minutes ago, pantheory said:

Got it, but it does rightfully explain many of his postings. Because of his audatious personality I expected he was capable of describing himself that way.  

No.  It soundly pissed him off to be described in that manner.  I guess the truth hurt him, or at least touched a nerve.

• Like 1