Jump to content

Groupthink Theory


pantheory
 Share

Recommended Posts

I hope that isn't too far off-topic, only really to say that groupthink is, in my experience such a part of how humans seem to be wired that of course you can expect to find it as a factor in religious thinking and dogma.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alreadyGone said:

I hope that isn't too far off-topic, only really to say that groupthink is, in my experience such a part of how humans seem to be wired that of course you can expect to find it as a factor in religious thinking and dogma.

 

 

 

this sub-forum is science vs. religion so you're exactly on topic :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, alreadyGone said:

I hope that isn't too far off-topic, only really to say that groupthink is, in my experience such a part of how humans seem to be wired that of course you can expect to find it as a factor in religious thinking and dogma.

 

 

 

Isn't it interesting that Brother Mario came here rambling on and on about groupthink? As a christian? Talk about the kettle calling the pot black. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

 

Isn't it interesting that Brother Mario came here rambling on and on about groupthink? As a christian? Talk about the kettle calling the pot black. 

 

BrotherMario said he seldom went to Mass. I can believe that :)   He doesn't act like any devout Christian I ever listened to. He acts more like a narcissist, and by his own titling a Braggadocio.  Maybe when he was younger, but presently I don't think Groupthink had much to do with the formation of his personality.

 

Here on X-Christ I believe I see the influences of Groupthink on occasion (group anti-Christians), especially in the lion's Den and Colosseum. We were the lions and BrotherMario was the Christian. But he deserved a good mauling, dismemberment, and excommunication from our forum -- that Braggadocio. :madhopA:

 

I think it was Weezer who said that he didn't recall ever seeing any thread totally about a Christian poster himself, that was self initiated like BrotherMario did.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Moderator
1 hour ago, pantheory said:

He acts more like a narcissist, and by his own titling a Braggadocio. 

In Brothermario's defense, I'm the one who affixed the Braggadocio moniker to his account.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

In Brothermario's defense, I'm the one who affixed the Braggadocio moniker to his account.

 

Got it, but it does rightfully explain many of his postings. Because of his audatious personality I expected he was capable of describing himself that way.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Moderator
46 minutes ago, pantheory said:

 

Got it, but it does rightfully explain many of his postings. Because of his audatious personality I expected he was capable of describing himself that way.  

No.  It soundly pissed him off to be described in that manner.  I guess the truth hurt him, or at least touched a nerve.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.