Jump to content

Tortured By The Bible God


Recommended Posts

  • Moderator

No I don't think such a being exists, therefore said being cannot be torturing me any more than Emperor Palpatine is torturing me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator

If bible god exists in your mind, then your mind would the most obvious answer to what is torturing you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I often feel like his followers are torturing Earth with endless imaginary bullshit that makes them vote for fascists and call it for Jesus. Then again, with a dictator king in the Bible, I guess that suits them fine. Except they still think they get to vote on God's will...

 

I feel like his followers are often devoted to pleasure and wealth, ignoring everything he told them. I feel like his followers are devoted to bullheaded imagination=reality. That feels like torture when trying to show facts, and I get bible verses as replies. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I have never felt tortured by anybody, much less the god of the bible. I'm not crazy about his followers having any sort of power, though..... They can follow a lot of ill-thought-out policies and vote in politicians who will only look out for the narrow interests of their fellow conservative christians, to the detriment of others.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone. I wish that in the back of my mind I didn't believe that He may exist and that I'm going to Hell. I wish I could not fear Him at all.

 

Who can protect me from God???

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Freed said:

...

Who can protect me from God???

 

Only you can, although others may be able to help you do that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

 

Only you can, although others may be able to help you do that.

Thank you so much. That is super comforting.

 

I wish there was a hug button. 🤗🤗

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
1 hour ago, Freed said:

Thanks everyone. I wish that in the back of my mind I didn't believe that He may exist and that I'm going to Hell. I wish I could not fear Him at all.

 

Who can protect me from God???

 

Perhaps you need to explore why you think he may exist?

 

I take you don't worry yourself sick with worries that you may meet Anubis, the Egyptian God of the dead, after death and that you may not pass his test to get into the underworld?

 

I also assume you don't worry about incurring the wrath of Hade's, Zeus, Jupiter, Odin and 10,000 other God's you've never heard of?

 

If that is the case then perhaps exploring why you worry about one god whose origins are found in the Canaanite pantheon and later morphed to assimilate characteristics of the gods from various cultures around it would be a worthwhile exercise?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Freed

 

To further LF's post, you may wish to inventory the amount of religious influence/indoctrination you have received so far in your life.  Write it out and notate time spent and content.  For example, four hours of church times 50 weeks a year times 30 years = 6,000 hours of religious exposure.  As to content, list the most common messages/dogma, e.g., you are worthless without God, you will be punished if you do not believe, etc.  And don't forget to consider the amount of peer pressure placed upon you through those years to conform to the particular religion.

 

Then ask yourself the question, "How has all of this exposure influenced me?"

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bible God is evil. Pure evil. Evil seems to be very strong in human hearts. We are made in His image after all. Including His evil image so to speak. All Gods and Goddesses are evil. I hate all of them. I hate the Bible God the most because He caused a lot of my pain and suffering. To the point of feeling suicidal and begging Him to kill my soul so I wouldn't have to suffer for eternity. Sorry. I guess I suffer with Theophobia too much. I can't even think a thought without fearing He knows what I thought and punishing me for  sinning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Freed said:

The Bible God is evil. Pure evil. Evil seems to be very strong in human hearts. We are made in His image after all. Including His evil image so to speak. All Gods and Goddesses are evil. I hate all of them. I hate the Bible God the most because He caused a lot of my pain and suffering. To the point of feeling suicidal and begging Him to kill my soul so I wouldn't have to suffer for eternity. Sorry. I guess I suffer with Theophobia too much. I can't even think a thought without fearing He knows what I thought and punishing me for  sinning. 

 

Have you considered the possibility that humans created this God of whom you speak instead of the other way around?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

 

Have you considered the possibility that humans created this God of whom you speak instead of the other way around?

Yes. I wish I knew for sure who really created who? Drives me insane literally. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Freed said:

Yes. I wish I knew for sure who really created who? Drives me insane literally. 

 

What evidence did you consider?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

 

What evidence did you consider?

To be honest I don't really know. But it would be nice if this God or whatever he or it is would appear to every single human being at the same time. Telling even the deaf and showing the blind that he or it  is real. In their own languages. It would have to be at the same time so no one would be able to deny it. Not every human could have the same exact hallucination and the exact same time. Least I don't think so. I would hopefully wish for all living creatures from human to even insects and plants to be filled all the sudden with 100% love and security. I'd want every living creature on the planet to unite with eternal respect and love for each other. I'd love to have everyone to be able to literally crawl on our hands and knees like babies and get picked up and held and rocked by God/Entity. Crying out all our pain and suffering until there is no more pain and suffering left. No more pain. No Hell. But eternal, blissful, unconditional love. To and from the Creator and every soul (if such a thing exists), forever. 

 

No such thing may ever happen. We all might get eternally punished. Sent to Hell. Or worse. Be conscious in our ash bins or coffins for ever. Not even be allowed to ask for Hell, or for our souls to die. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Freed, consider that God is a concept that only exists in people's minds.  A "figment of your imagination".  a myth that has been passed down for ages.  The only Hell there is, is what you are imagining.   Please talk with a mental health professional who can help you find some relief.  Call 1-800-273-8255 If you are suicidal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Weezer said:

Freed, consider that God is a concept that only exists in people's minds.  A "figment of your imagination".  a myth that has been passed down for ages.  The only Hell there is, is what you are imagining.   Please talk with a mental health professional who can help you find some relief.  Call 1-800-273-8255 If you are suicidal.

Calling the suicide prevention hotline might be a good thing? But just my luck I'd get some Christian answering. Whenever my mom worked answerind the suicide hotline callers she'd tell them they should accept Jesus Christ and stop sinning. That they were feeling that way for not accepting or defying Jesus. She led on man in the sinners prayer. No wonder that cunt got fired!!! 😠😠

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 8:34 AM, Freed said:

Do any of you feel like the Bible God is torturing you??? 

There was a time I felt like that, but it wasn't any God that was torturing me, it was just the beliefs I had that tortured me.  

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.