Goodbye Jesus

Bible Code Vs. Quran Code

Freed

Focusing on nonsense instead of reality is not the best use of my time.

1 hour ago, sdelsolray said:

Focusing on nonsense instead of reality is not the best use of my time.

To me this isn't non sense. I wish it was though. 

• Super Moderator

If you can't make sense of it, then, by definition, it is nonsense. 

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, Freed said:

To me this isn't non sense.

So then explain how it makes sense, please.

2 hours ago, florduh said:

So then explain how it makes sense, please.

I don't know. I'm hoping someone can explain it to me? I don't know shit about anything. The older I get the more I realize how ignorant or even stupid I get?

Never know everything. Then why the fuck give living creatures like humans a deep thinking brain and make us question the most important things in the Universe and inside our very own brains???!!! 

Is this some sadistic form of psychological torture to YOU???!!! 😠🤬🖕

Sorry not doing well. I gotta go. 

Bible codes = bullshit.

Any religious text "codes" = bullshit.

I went through all of that when it was first out. It's no less ridiculous than Lee Strobel. It gets increasingly ridiculous as you read on...

• Like 1

Predictions of presidents being assassinated were found in the story of Moby Dick:

https://www.dartmouth.edu/~chance/course/Articles/assasinations.pdf

In this  age of computer science we are able to find “secret” codes in just about any text.

The bigger question is, why would god wait 2000 years to reveal bible codes to us? The information was without value to people living in previous millennia.

If god has an important message for us, intended to be understood, then why make it so difficult for us to understand? Why does THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE have a problem communicating with his creation??

If you really start to think and feel about life's uncertainty things get a little terrifying. In this day and age we console ourselves with the illusion of science and state to protect us. While this happens , that very thing also hurts us. So we are not protected.

Aside from commenting the truth values of religion they can offer relief from the pains of human condition. I have come to think that many things seem irrational in them because they were not made to be rational. Is it rational to pledge allegiance to a flag? But it has powerful emotional logic. It eases fear - sky gods created and care for the world and through practices you can influence them so you are safe and in control. You have guilt easing practices like confession. Anger easing through revenge fantasies of Hell, curses and punishments. Grief easing through the hope of seeing loved ones and their immortality plus having a connection with them through ancestor worship. Social binding and cohesion. So religion truly "works" as a psychological reality. Again, putting aside theor truth claims.

• Like 1