Goodbye Jesus

Theophobia

Freed

• Super Moderator

I suffered through a lot of Deitiphobia during my freshman year of college.

On 11/23/2020 at 9:47 AM, Freed said:

Who else suffers with this???

Not me. I used to suffer from Hadephobia which is the fear of hell, which seems to be more common. I guess I feared the consequences rather than the actual being apparently delivering the judgement. Kind of how you might fear jail more than actually fearing the judge.

I guess I have a more complicated relationship with religion. I do far it's incursion and resulting consequences of inserting itself into the public sphere and politics. I think it is ultimately more harmful than good, and I do actively fight against it's incursion into the public sphere, but I still hold the value that everyone be free to believe in whatever nonsense they like (So long as they don't harm others with it) As you might imagine these two views tend to conflict a bit with each other due to my view that religion is generally harmful which hampers the belief what you want as long as it doesn't harm bit.

• Thanks 1

I fear God because He can send me to Hell for eternity. But it could be worse. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Freed said:

All nonsense, btw. Nothing to fear. 

If some god exists, which isn't established to begin with, he can send you to hell, which isn't established either.

Not only are they not established as true in the first place, the likelihood of either being true is so remote as to remain insignificant as a possible truth.

The existence of god and hell is possible, sure. But this scenario of a god and hell is about as possible as a pink elephant flying out of someone's butt. Possible, sure. Likely, not remotely......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Freed said:

Nonsense Heven and Hell appear in many Egyptian, Roman, Babylonian, Nordic, Chaldean, and especially Zoroastrian myths dating back thosands of years it is all mythology/astrotheology you have nuffin to fear!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Freed said:

Further to what Clayton said above - you fear one particular god and hell from one particular religion.

I've asked you this before, but it bears repeating here: I assume you do not worry nor concern yourself with the gods and religions that Clayton listed above? Why then do you fear the Christian one? The only difference was you were brought up in the Christina culture and religion. Apart from that all the religions are the same. The only thing to fear is their incursion into public and political spheres. 

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Freed said:

I stopped believing in eternal torture in hell ten years before I left the church.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your responses everyone. They mean a lot to me. 🤗 

• Like 3

Would you live your life any differently if there were no heaven or hell? And no god to send you there?

11 hours ago, LostinParis said:

Would you live your life any differently if there were no heaven or hell? And no god to send you there?

I don't think so. I'd stay the same. I'm not a bad person. Or so I'd like to believe I'm not. But to God I'm a repulsive sinner. I'm sure I'd be one of the many He talked about in Matthew 7:21-23

6 hours ago, Freed said:

I'm not a bad person. Or so I'd like to believe I'm not.  

Trust your own judgement!

• Thanks 1

I've done some horrible things in my life. Who am I kidding here? I AM a BAD person. And no I am NOT "Fishing For Compliments" like one of my stupid older sisters accused me of. I'm only being honest. No human is 100% a good person. 

• Super Moderator

Having done horrible things doesn't mean you're a bad person any more than doing generous things makes you a good person.  How you see yourself is how others will treat you.  Think better thoughts, speak better words, commit better actions; eventually you will feel better.  If you don't like feeling better, you can always go back to thinking, speaking and acting the old way; and you'll eventually start feeling bad again.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Freed said:

No human is 100% a good person. 

You got that right.  I can't speak for anyone else, but have done some pretty stupid things in my life.  I cringe when think my family and friends would find out.  And I never drank or did drugs, so can't blame it on "using".

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Having done horrible things doesn't mean you're a bad person any more than doing generous things makes you a good person.  How you see yourself is how others will treat you.  Think better thoughts, speak better words, commit better actions; eventually you will feel better.  If you don't like feeling better, you can always go back to thinking, speaking and acting the old way; and you'll eventually start feeling bad again.

Thank you so much for your Constructive Criticism. I NEED that. 🤗😊

29 minutes ago, Weezer said:

You got that right.  I can't speak for anyone else, but have done some pretty stupid things in my life.  I cringe when think my family and friends would find out.  And I never drank or did drugs, so can't blame it on "using".

It's all on me the bad I've done. 

7 minutes ago, Freed said:

Thank you so much for your Constructive Criticism. I NEED that. 🤗😊

I decided in my experience that people are people.  But Christians seem to be more secretive about their "dark side".

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I decided in my experience that people are people.  But Christians seem to be more secretive about their "dark side".

Truer words have never been spoken. 🤗