Goodbye Jesus

A dialogue between two damned souls in hell

chrisassaf
TheRedneckProfessor
Message added by TheRedneckProfessor,

This is a work of fiction from a christian perspective.  While its theme is more appropriate for the Lion's Den, it will remain in Creative Works until such time as the moderation team deems it necessary to move.

SIZZLE! CRACKLE!

MARINE

Rrrghhh! A good marine can withstand anything!

CAIN

Huh? What are you on about?

MARINE

I am a marine, and I have been trained to withstand anything, no matter what it is, even these fierce flames before me.

CAIN

These flames? Surely, you jest. A man would shrink at the sight of these flames. You see, Sir, these are not earthly flames. Oh, no! These flames are godly flames; flames of divine wrath.

MARINE

You mean, ‘Hell’?

CAIN

Exactly what I mean, Friend.

MARINE

Like I have stated before, a good marine can withstand anything, come Hell or high water. I will endure. I will survive.

CAIN

Hold on there, Friend. What in the devil’s name is a ‘Marine’?

MARINE

Never heard of a Marine! What? A marine is like a soldier, only tougher. We fight on land as well as on sea.

CAIN

Fascinating.

MARINE

We’re trained to be tough; to withstand any hardship, no matter how terrible. We do not give up.

CAIN

Fascinating…

MARINE

What is your name, by the way?

CAIN

My name is Cain. What are you in for?

MARINE

Well, it goes like this; I have always liked war and fighting, whether it was in school, out on the streets, in professional wrestling, or on television in general; at the expense of everything else. It was why I joined the marines, my dream of a career. Obsessed with it, in fact. Some people in my life thought less of me because of it, but I didn’t care. I wanted that job, regardless of what I had to lose to get it. As a matter of fact, I drove those same people away with hurtful words. So, I completed all the tests and got into the Marine Corps. I completed the grueling physical training, and I finally got the job. One day, I was sent on assignment to the Middle East. “Yes,” I thought, “I get to see some action.”

CAIN

‘Middle East’?

MARINE

Yeah, Middle East. You know, Israel, Iraq, Egypt.

CAIN

Ah, Egypt. I’ve been there…

MARINE

Anyway, I get to Iraq and on my way to the base, we got ambushed by insurgents. They came out of nowhere. One of them shot me in the chest and then, everything blacked out.

CAIN

Wait! Before you say anything more, can I ask you a question?

MARINE

What?

CAIN

When you have ‘blacked out’, did you wake up in some manner of courtyard? A courtyard where a figure like the Son of God sits on a great white throne?

MARINE

You mean like a throne that shines with a bright, white light?

CAIN

Yes, that’s the one!

MARINE

Yes, I did. So there I was, and there was this ‘Son of God’ as you call him, wearing a white flowing robe. He was so majestic, so pure…

CAIN

Yes, he is such that the impure are unworthy to even look at him.

MARINE

Well, he talks to this winged dude and asks him to look in a book called, ‘The Book of Life’. He asks him if my name is there, and the winged dude says, ‘No’.

CAIN

That must be why you are here.

MARINE

And then the guy on the throne says to me, “Violence is a work of the flesh”, and “The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and the one who loves violence his soul hates.” Then he tells me, “Depart”, and here I am, battling these flames.

CAIN

Have you ever killed anyone, though?

MARINE

No, I haven’t. Say, you haven’t told me anything about yourself? Who are you, and why are you here?

CAIN

I have told you before; My name is Cain. As for why I am here, I am here for murder; for killing my own brother, in fact. I have been here six millenia.

MARINE

Six thousand years! Ahh, damn! And you still can’t get out?

CAIN

Get out!? No! None who enter here have any hope. We are here for eternity; each and every single last one of us! Let’s see how long your attitude of endurance lasts.

MARINE

Eternity!? Nooo!!!

• Haha 2

Chick tract.

It’s important to point out that the concept of Eternal Damnation, as well as the very idea of existence after death, only evolved gradually in Judaism and later Christianity, as can be seen from an open-minded reading of scripture.  They have all the hallmarks of a concept that were dreamed up by humans, not revealed by an unchanging deity.  The millions of people who accept them unquestioningly today have no idea what a flimsy basis these concepts actually have. 

Satan himself evolved through the pages of the Old Testament.  A huge transformation that again is compatible with being invented, not real.  And the afterlife went from being not mentioned at all for much of the OT, to becoming a shadowy realm without either pleasure or punishment, to - much later - evolving into the Flames & Demons idea of Dante’s Inferno and The Far Side comic strip.  The Jews’ ideas of Satan and Hell show strong signs of being influenced by their Babylonian and Persian neighbors.

To learn a lot more, check out this excellent book that was recommended to me by another member... 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OO199EY/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr=

FAB02544-A5EF-4743-9137-AEE12C9F4042.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is this creative works or humor and satire???

I was confused at first. I guess if some christian wants to post this sort of evident nonsense at an ex christian site (with people who were formerly christian and now do not believe it), be my guest. But don't get ass hurt if you receive a negative review in the process. You should expect it. 

• Thanks 1

@chrisassaf May I ask what is the point of the OP?

2 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

@chrisassaf May I ask what is the point of the OP?

Entertainment. Trying to be the next Lucian of samosata.

27 minutes ago, chrisassaf said:

Entertainment. Trying to be the next Lucian of samosata.

So you are a Christian intending to be like Lucian who ridiculed superstition, religious practices, and belief in the paranormal?

Ok. I guess that's entertaining, if somewhat paradoxical. 

Just now, LogicalFallacy said:

So you are a Christian intending to be like Lucian who ridiculed superstition, religious practices, and belief in the paranormal?

Ok. I guess that's entertaining, if somewhat paradoxical. 

I just like writing dialogues. Nothing else.

3 hours ago, chrisassaf said:

I just like writing dialogues. Nothing else.

Do you mean this as humor? The marine, for some reason, oblivious from the outset that burning in hell means burning for eternity? Who in the world would not be aware of what hell means in this day and age? Especially a Marine, growing up in a christian dominant nation where you can hardly go anywhere without exposure to christian beliefs? 

The big punch line in the end is, "Eternity!?, Noo!!!" 

Why yes Forest, that's what burning in hell means. 

image.jpeg

Sorry, but this doesn't strike me as very creative at all. Better luck next time???

• Super Moderator
On 11/24/2020 at 6:45 PM, chrisassaf said:

SIZZLE! CRACKLE!

MARINE

Rrrghhh! A good marine can withstand anything!

CAIN

Huh? What are you on about?

MARINE

I am a marine, and I have been trained to withstand anything, no matter what it is, even these fierce flames before me.

CAIN

These flames? Surely, you jest. A man would shrink at the sight of these flames. You see, Sir, these are not earthly flames. Oh, no! These flames are godly flames; flames of divine wrath.

MARINE

You mean, ‘Hell’?

CAIN

Exactly what I mean, Friend.

MARINE

Like I have stated before, a good marine can withstand anything, come Hell or high water. I will endure. I will survive.

CAIN

Hold on there, Friend. What in the devil’s name is a ‘Marine’?

MARINE

Never heard of a Marine! What? A marine is like a soldier, only tougher. We fight on land as well as on sea.

CAIN

Fascinating.

MARINE

We’re trained to be tough; to withstand any hardship, no matter how terrible. We do not give up.

CAIN

Fascinating…

MARINE

What is your name, by the way?

CAIN

My name is Cain. What are you in for?

MARINE

Well, it goes like this; I have always liked war and fighting, whether it was in school, out on the streets, in professional wrestling, or on television in general; at the expense of everything else. It was why I joined the marines, my dream of a career. Obsessed with it, in fact. Some people in my life thought less of me because of it, but I didn’t care. I wanted that job, regardless of what I had to lose to get it. As a matter of fact, I drove those same people away with hurtful words. So, I completed all the tests and got into the Marine Corps. I completed the grueling physical training, and I finally got the job. One day, I was sent on assignment to the Middle East. “Yes,” I thought, “I get to see some action.”

CAIN

‘Middle East’?

MARINE

Yeah, Middle East. You know, Israel, Iraq, Egypt.

CAIN

Ah, Egypt. I’ve been there…

MARINE

Anyway, I get to Iraq and on my way to the base, we got ambushed by insurgents. They came out of nowhere. One of them shot me in the chest and then, everything blacked out.

CAIN

Wait! Before you say anything more, can I ask you a question?

MARINE

What?

CAIN

When you have ‘blacked out’, did you wake up in some manner of courtyard? A courtyard where a figure like the Son of God sits on a great white throne?

MARINE

You mean like a throne that shines with a bright, white light?

CAIN

Yes, that’s the one!

MARINE

Yes, I did. So there I was, and there was this ‘Son of God’ as you call him, wearing a white flowing robe. He was so majestic, so pure…

CAIN

Yes, he is such that the impure are unworthy to even look at him.

MARINE

Well, he talks to this winged dude and asks him to look in a book called, ‘The Book of Life’. He asks him if my name is there, and the winged dude says, ‘No’.

CAIN

That must be why you are here.

MARINE

And then the guy on the throne says to me, “Violence is a work of the flesh”, and “The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and the one who loves violence his soul hates.” Then he tells me, “Depart”, and here I am, battling these flames.

CAIN

Have you ever killed anyone, though?

MARINE

No, I haven’t. Say, you haven’t told me anything about yourself? Who are you, and why are you here?

CAIN

I have told you before; My name is Cain. As for why I am here, I am here for murder; for killing my own brother, in fact. I have been here six millenia.

MARINE

Six thousand years! Ahh, damn! And you still can’t get out?

CAIN

Get out!? No! None who enter here have any hope. We are here for eternity; each and every single last one of us! Let’s see how long your attitude of endurance lasts.

MARINE

Eternity!? Nooo!!!

Un-biblical teachings in this pseudo chick tract:

1. There is supposed to be a general resurrection of the dead. The Bible does not teach that once someone dies, they go to heaven or hell. That is a modern teaching not found in the Bible, but later church tradition and people who don't read the Bible, i.e, 90% of the self-proclaimed Christians. Cain would not be asking the Marine if he was at the the great white throne, they would have been there collectively and then judgment was passed.

2. Questionable on eternity or hell in general. The Bible proffers different ideas. You see some eternal hell doctrine hinted at in the gospels, but Paul knows nothing of it. In the epistles and letters of Paul, the theme appears to be ONLY the righteous will be resurrected to a new life, everyone else just stays dead. This is a generic statement because of the 14 letters of the New Testament, only seven are actually attributed to Paul by the majority of scholars. Of the letters attributed to Paul, evidence does not weigh in favor of Paul believing there was eternal punishment; and he supposedly got his gospel straight from the risen Christos.

Side point from biblical teachings that I find to be an absurdity is the idea of eternal torment, especially in light that most Christians will tell you "God loves you. God loves you unconditionally." That statement is vacuous of meaning. Nobody who loves someone unconditionally assigns them to eternal torture. It is a grotesque notion. At some point in time, the punishment has matched the crime. Any further punishment places God as the antagonist and quite unloving, unkind, unmerciful, and he must be burning with a hatred for his creation. Traditional Christian Hell makes the holocaust look like a day in the park. Any being with a sense of compassion or mercy would surely not do such a thing.

Another point I would make to Christians, if there is a hell, your confidence that you are not going there is misplaced. At the end of the day, that conviction that you are in God's good graces is merely you soothing your own fears. Christians have no idea if they are meeting the allusive and invisible measuring stick. The Bible is not clear on salvation or if you are going to make the cut. It is a delusional and presumptuous to think that one is aware of what some God may really want. If there is a heaven, those who make it stumbled on the right path by accident, it wasn't knowledge of "the way."

My realization of this is what helped me step away from Christianity. I realized that what I thought was true was nothing more than a speculative guess; I required more investigation into the matter to know. I soon realized this was not a subject of epistemology, but a doctrine of practice and belief built on house of cards of unproven, unverifiable, unfalsifiable, assumptions.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

Another point I forgot to mention, the statement that violence is the way of the flesh is quite literally, un-biblical. YHWH himself ordered warfare and genocide of whole nations. If what YHWH commands is good, then violence in of itself is not bad, merely the motivations for doing it. I don't want to hear, "but that is the Old Testament." YHWH is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow according to the Bible. Those who translated the KJV made a blunder with the commandment, "Thou shall not kill." The Hebrew word is murder, not kill. It goes right back to what I said, it makes no sense that the Hebrews get a commandment not to kill, then all of a sudden it is okay so long as they are killing on behalf of YHWH. Killing is killing is killing, I am not interested in equivocations stating otherwise.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hierophant said:

Un-biblical teachings in this pseudo chick tract:

1. There is supposed to be a general resurrection of the dead. The Bible does not teach that once someone dies, they go to heaven or hell. That is a modern teaching not found in the Bible, but later church tradition and people who don't read the Bible, i.e, 90% of the self-proclaimed Christians. Cain would not be asking the Marine if he was at the the great white throne, they would have been there collectively and then judgment was passed.

2. Questionable on eternity or hell in general. The Bible proffers different ideas. You see some eternal hell doctrine hinted at in the gospels, but Paul knows nothing of it. In the epistles and letters of Paul, the theme appears to be ONLY the righteous will be resurrected to a new life, everyone else just stays dead. This is a generic statement because of the 14 letters of the New Testament, only seven are actually attributed to Paul by the majority of scholars. Of the letters attributed to Paul, evidence does not weigh in favor of Paul believing there was eternal punishment; and he supposedly got his gospel straight from the risen Christos.

Side point from biblical teachings that I find to be an absurdity is the idea of eternal torment, especially in light that most Christians will tell you "God loves you. God loves you unconditionally." That statement is vacuous of meaning. Nobody who loves someone unconditionally assigns them to eternal torture. It is a grotesque notion. At some point in time, the punishment has matched the crime. Any further punishment places God as the antagonist and quite unloving, unkind, unmerciful, and he must be burning with a hatred for his creation. Traditional Christian Hell makes the holocaust look like a day in the park. Any being with a sense of compassion or mercy would surely not do such a thing.

Another point I would make to Christians, if there is a hell, your confidence that you are not going there is misplaced. At the end of the day, that conviction that you are in God's good graces is merely you soothing your own fears. Christians have no idea if they are meeting the allusive and invisible measuring stick. The Bible is not clear on salvation or if you are going to make the cut. It is a delusional and presumptuous to think that one is aware of what some God may really want. If there is a heaven, those who make it stumbled on the right path by accident, it wasn't knowledge of "the way."

My realization of this is what helped me step away from Christianity. I realized that what I thought was true was nothing more than a speculative guess; I required more investigation into the matter to know. I soon realized this was not a subject of epistemology, but a doctrine of practice and belief built on house of cards of unproven, unverifiable, unfalsifiable, assumptions.

But the bible says that it is appointed into someone once to die, and then the judgment.

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, chrisassaf said:

But the bible says that it is appointed into someone once to die, and then the judgment.

It does, but the judgement isn't immediate. Look at Paul's other writings. I'll find the specific verses.

5 hours ago, Hierophant said:

Another point I forgot to mention, the statement that violence is the way of the flesh is quite literally, un-biblical. YHWH himself ordered warfare and genocide of whole nations. If what YHWH commands is good, then violence in of itself is not bad, merely the motivations for doing it. I don't want to hear, "but that is the Old Testament." YHWH is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow according to the Bible. Those who translated the KJV made a blunder with the commandment, "Thou shall not kill." The Hebrew word is murder, not kill. It goes right back to what I said, it makes no sense that the Hebrews get a commandment not to kill, then all of a sudden it is okay so long as they are killing on behalf of YHWH. Killing is killing is killing, I am not interested in equivocations stating otherwise.

But the book of psalms that those who love violence he hates. Also the fifth chapter of galatianscsays violence is a work of the flesh.

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, chrisassaf said:

But the book of psalms that those who love violence he hates. Also the fifth chapter of galatianscsays violence is a work of the flesh.

How do you square that with the wars conducted by Isreal? It's not like it didn't happen. 

How could YHWH hate violence? He directly commanded it. Literally the wholesale slaughter of man, woman, and child.

Perhaps a contradiction posed by various biblical authors....?