Goodbye Jesus

I am a new atheist

ElectricalA

Hello unbelievers.  It's been about four months since I started loosing my faith in god.  I have read the bible.  I've read the gospels several times.  I've read Genesis creation story several times.  Not to make this too long, I just want to encourage you to study and use logic.  I'm really happy to no longer believe in a heaven or hell.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

I hope you will find our company electrifying.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ElectricalA said:

Hello unbelievers.  It's been about four months since I started loosing my faith in god.  I have read the bible.  I've read the gospels several times.  I've read Genesis creation story several times.  Not to make this too long, I just want to encourage you to study and use logic.  I'm really happy to no longer believe in a heaven or hell.

That seems to happen a lot when open minded people read the bible.  WELCOME!

• Like 1

Hi @ElectricalAand welcome to the community!  You ARE brand-new to being an Ex-Christian!  Everybody has their own unique deconversion experience but there are often rough spots early on.  Being a member of a community like this makes a big difference, so I’m glad you found us. 

I’m looking forward to hearing more from you.  Was there anything in particular that led you to step out of Christianity?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ElectricalA said:

Well, Hello! We have some Florida locals on here. 

What was it that changed your beliefs? Care to elaborate? You're in good company in terms of non-belief, studying academic research about religions, and at least trying to use logic most of the time (no one seems to ace it across the board, but people try 😂). 

Welcome!!!

On 11/28/2020 at 3:30 PM, ElectricalA said:

Glad you no longer believe in the fairy tales of the Bible including the pie-in-the-sky heaven, or the eternal damnation of the fires of hell.

One "fun" scenario is that Heaven would be like two happy donkeys getting in on. And hell would be like two unhappy donkeys trying to get it on when they are both on their backs with the male on top, and the female beneath him.

Welcome @ElectricalA

Like you, I also read the book of babbling and found it wanting in any logic or reason. Glad you've made it out. Hope to see you around here more.

LF

• 2 months later...
On 29/11/2020 at 4:11 AM, Weezer said:

That seems to happen a lot when open minded people read the bible. 

I remember watching a Christian youtuber say Christians should be close minded

It more and more seems to me that Yahwe was a war God, primarily. By the way, I only recently realised how war God like the New Testament is also. Also hello!

22 hours ago, YouDontNeedToKnow17 said:

I remember watching a Christian youtuber say Christians should be close minded

That's the kind of people they like.