Goodbye Jesus

Alcoholics Anonymous Without A Higher Power

Freed

Okay so here's what happened my boss told me to stop having attitude with customers. He recommended Alcoholics Anonymous to me. He said that if I don't get my binge drinking under control he will fire me. Apparently some customers complained about me. I'm lucky he's a family friend or I'd been out the door already. But Hell though. That woman was a total BITCH! Then she complains against me after I gave attitude back to her!! Anyway. Is there any A.A. that doesn't require a stupid higher power? Please help I can't be fired! I'm struggling not to lose my place! I don't blame the alcohol. I blame me. I'm not a teenager anymore. I should stop being like one! I have serious pressure now. Please! 

• Super Moderator

There are agnostic/atheist AA groups.  You'd just have to check for meetings in your area.  You might also look into Smart Recovery and Refuge Recovery.  If you're serious about getting sober, you'll find something that works for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freed said:

Okay so here's what happened my boss told me to stop having attitude with customers. He recommended Alcoholics Anonymous to me. He said that if I don't get my binge drinking under control he will fire me. Apparently some customers complained about me. I'm lucky he's a family friend or I'd been out the door already. But Hell though. That woman was a total BITCH! Then she complains against me after I gave attitude back to her!! Anyway. Is there any A.A. that doesn't require a stupid higher power? Please help I can't be fired! I'm struggling not to lose my place! I don't blame the alcohol. I blame me. I'm not a teenager anymore. I should stop being like one! I have serious pressure now. Please! 

There's no quick way to fast track becoming responsible about consuming alcohol. So I'll give you the simple approach that will kick thing's off. Get all the knowledge we currently understand about alcohol. Because having that knowledge is power to you (To have power over you) Not anything else.

Thanks everyone. I will look into that. I don't want my drinking problem to land me out on the street. I'll just have to smoke when I get the urge to drink. Least I never went to jail for smoking. A.A. here I come.

I eventually want to stop smoking. But one thing at a time.

• Super Moderator
51 minutes ago, Freed said:

I eventually want to stop smoking. But one thing at a time.

I've had more than one recovering drug addict/alcoholic tell me that quitting smoking was harder than kicking heroin or booze. It seems addictive personalities need an outlet of some kind. Everything fun is bad for you!

I smoked cigarettes my whole life and enjoyed the shit out of it. It didn't cause me any health problems, oddly enough, but I had an emergency procedure and spent three days in hospital where they kept asking me if I wanted a nicotine patch - the thought had never occurred to me and I haven't wanted a cigarette since. I do like a nice vape (without nicotine) though. Mysterious how the urge to smoke just left without me doing anything.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, florduh said:

I've had more than one recovering drug addict/alcoholic tell me that quitting smoking was harder than kicking heroin or booze. It seems addictive personalities need an outlet of some kind. Everything fun is bad for you!

I smoked cigarettes my whole life and enjoyed the shit out of it. It didn't cause me any health problems, oddly enough, but I had an emergency procedure and spent three days in hospital where they kept asking me if I wanted a nicotine patch - the thought had never occurred to me and I haven't wanted a cigarette since. I do like a nice vape (without nicotine) though. Mysterious how the urge to smoke just left without me doing anything.

Don't tell Christian's that story, because you know exactly what they'll say.

Nah. "Must have been Joe Pesci"

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, AntiChrist said:

Don't tell Christian's that story, because you know exactly what they'll say.

Nah. "Must have been Joe Pesci"

It was like magic!

14 minutes ago, florduh said:

It was like magic!

Do you do a lot of walking? Because I have smoked cigarettes since I was 15-49 and my heart is fine. For me it might be connected with not driving an automobile.

• Super Moderator

I never did cocaine; but I've always loved the way it smells.

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, AntiChrist said:

Do you do a lot of walking? Because I have smoked cigarettes since I was 15-49 and my heart is fine. For me it might be connected with not driving an automobile.

I have no healthy habits. Good genes, I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, florduh said:

Do you know why Redbull has wing's? Because it's made from the urine of Angel's.

5 hours ago, florduh said:

If you never eat vegetables, do you end up a couch potato?

That's only due to the fact that you only nuke your food, and yourself in the process.

But, have you tried fried cheese yet?

On 12/5/2020 at 12:36 PM, Freed said:

Is there any A.A. that doesn't require a stupid higher power? 

The higher power doesn't have to be "god".  Just something outside yourself.  I heard of one person who chose the, "collective wisdom of mankind", to be his higher power.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Weezer said:

The higher power doesn't have to be "god".  Just something outside yourself.  I heard of one person who chose the, "collective wisdom of mankind", to be his higher power.

What is a higher power?

• Super Moderator

16 hours ago, Weezer said:

Good thinking. My higher power will be wanting to stay out of jail and not become homeless. I don't want that, ever. Especially with this Goddamn virus. 

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Thanks for the link. I'll keep others safety for my higher power. I'm nasty when I drink. I haven't been in any physical altercations in a while at least. Don't want that again. I'm an aggressive cunt when I'm drunk. It takes all my filters away. It's so humiliating. I'm lucky no ones killed me yet. 

I come from a family of abusive drunks sadly. Thanks fam. And fuck you all by the way!!! I 

Well this forum is not therapy. I need to stop talking like it is. Sorry folks.

6 hours ago, Freed said:

Well this forum is not therapy. I need to stop talking like it is. Sorry folks.

This forum can be therapeutic like any well-intended advice can be. One can listen to advice that makes sense to them and sometimes gain insight into solving the problems of life without faulty religious doctrine, and sometimes get some laughs while doing so.

Here's a couple of AA jokes. If your intention is to drink and drive be sure you have a car.

The good news is that after joining AA I don't drink any more. The bad news is that I don't drink any less.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, pantheory said:

This forum can be therapeutic like any well-intended advice can be. One can listen to advice that makes sense to them and sometimes gain insight into solving the problems of life without faulty religious doctrine, and sometimes get some laughs while doing so.

Here's a couple of AA jokes. If your intention is to drink and drive be sure you have a car.

The good news is that after joining AA I don't drink any more. The bad news is that I don't drink any less.

Thanks hun. 😆