Goodbye Jesus

The Stupid Walk Among US

Sybaris

My wife has a friend that I have written about before. Can't say two sentences without throwing in Jesus and attributes anything she can't understand to her Gods plan.

So today she came by the house, sat in her car while her granddaughters brought up a card and poinsettia for my wife. As I was thanking the girls she yelled and asked if I thought I had had Covid.

I said I had tested positive a couple weeks ago.

She stuck her hands out of the car and clapped.

(She is a retired nurse and subscribes to the herd theory for ending Covid)

She prattled on about Gods will and the death count is wrong.

The whole exchange with her was bizarre to say the least and left me wishing I had ran down to her car and smacked her fat gray head.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

There are rather a lot of the Stupid among us. So damn many... and religion feeds the idea that beliefs are important for survival. So when they think they are on to some secret knowledge, something "they" don't want you to know, oh do they eat that up and repeat it as fact. 

• Like 1

Yes, there is a lot of stupidity in the world.  When I get that feeling about someone, I have to remind myself that, except for the chance of birth, there go I.   

14 hours ago, Sybaris said:

My wife has a friend that I have written about before. Can't say two sentences without throwing in Jesus and attributes anything she can't understand to her Gods plan.

So today she came by the house, sat in her car while her granddaughters brought up a card and poinsettia for my wife. As I was thanking the girls she yelled and asked if I thought I had had Covid.

The whole exchange with her was bizarre to say the least and left me wishing I had ran down to her car and smacked her fat gray head.

Just be glad you feel bizarre, because if you didn't you'd be one of the herd.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AntiChrist said:

Just be glad you feel bizarre, because if you didn't you'd be one of the herd.

Yep, herd immunity is a good way to "thin the herd".

My 8th grade teacher once told me, "people are stupid!"

As we were directing people to park in the ball field behind the church for an event. We waved the person in question to park in front of the soccer goal. To which they drove all the way into the soccer goal until the net pulled tight on the car!!!!

That's one of those moments and sayings that I'll always remember....

• Haha 2

On 12/12/2020 at 3:41 PM, Sybaris said:

Holy 5G chemtrails batman!

The count's wrong. Fake patients filling up hospitals...worldwide. Thousands of trusted doctors like Fauci inexplicably going rogue in March with some wild pandemic conspiracy. 

She's not getting the vaccination is she? :) 

/sarcasm 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

My 8th grade teacher once told me, "people are stupid!"

As we were directing people to park in the ball field behind the church for an event. We waved the person in question to park in front of the soccer goal. To which they drove all the way into the soccer goal until the net pulled tight on the car!!!!

That's one of those moments and sayings that I'll always remember....

My father used to say "We're surrounded by fools and idiots". I sometimes repeat it. Did you hear about the handyman who fitted a perspex shield along the desk between the operator and the computer? I suppose he wanted to protect the user from a computer virus. It's true.

• Haha 1

I'm stupid.

I believed the myth of God and "the resurrection" for almost 60 years.

Human beings see what they believe.

Besides, everyone knows....

Clapton_is_God.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 2:31 PM, midniterider said:

She's not getting the vaccination is she? :) 

Certainly not. That would be dismissing the powers of Dr. Jesus.

On 12/12/2020 at 6:41 PM, Sybaris said:

In March I was discussing the viral outbreak with someone.

A woman nearby upon first mention of "this virus that's becoming a problem in Asia and Europe" reacted with an automatic reflexive "well it's in the Bible!".

Like that was gonna be useful information somehow..

• Like 1

How many conspiracy theorists does it take to change a light bulb?

The better question is who broke it and why do they want us in the dark?

I've seen people say "I'm not a crazy conspiracy theorist, I don't believe in that flat earth nonsense" then go on to explain why they think the moon landing is fake, vaccines are evil, the world is only 6000 years old, Bill Gates is trying to kill everyone and 5G is some kind of mind control.  "Crazy" appears to be what everyone else is from your perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

On Nov 7th when they called Biden's win in the election me and my partner were eating at an outdoor restaurant (taking proper safety precautions, wearing masks, 6 ft, etc.) and there was a guy walking around intentionally trying to caugh in everyone's food and loudly declaring that that's what Jesus would have done (unironically).