Jump to content

The Stupid Walk Among US


Recommended Posts

My wife has a friend that I have written about before. Can't say two sentences without throwing in Jesus and attributes anything she can't understand to her Gods plan.

 

So today she came by the house, sat in her car while her granddaughters brought up a card and poinsettia for my wife. As I was thanking the girls she yelled and asked if I thought I had had Covid.

I said I had tested positive a couple weeks ago.

She stuck her hands out of the car and clapped.

(She is a retired nurse and subscribes to the herd theory for ending Covid)

She prattled on about Gods will and the death count is wrong.

The whole exchange with her was bizarre to say the least and left me wishing I had ran down to her car and smacked her fat gray head.

 

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are rather a lot of the Stupid among us. So damn many... and religion feeds the idea that beliefs are important for survival. So when they think they are on to some secret knowledge, something "they" don't want you to know, oh do they eat that up and repeat it as fact. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there is a lot of stupidity in the world.  When I get that feeling about someone, I have to remind myself that, except for the chance of birth, there go I.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sybaris said:

My wife has a friend that I have written about before. Can't say two sentences without throwing in Jesus and attributes anything she can't understand to her Gods plan.

 

So today she came by the house, sat in her car while her granddaughters brought up a card and poinsettia for my wife. As I was thanking the girls she yelled and asked if I thought I had had Covid.

I said I had tested positive a couple weeks ago.

She stuck her hands out of the car and clapped.

(She is a retired nurse and subscribes to the herd theory for ending Covid)

She prattled on about Gods will and the death count is wrong.

The whole exchange with her was bizarre to say the least and left me wishing I had ran down to her car and smacked her fat gray head.

 

Just be glad you feel bizarre, because if you didn't you'd be one of the herd.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AntiChrist said:

Just be glad you feel bizarre, because if you didn't you'd be one of the herd.

Yep, herd immunity is a good way to "thin the herd".

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

My 8th grade teacher once told me, "people are stupid!"

 

As we were directing people to park in the ball field behind the church for an event. We waved the person in question to park in front of the soccer goal. To which they drove all the way into the soccer goal until the net pulled tight on the car!!!!

 

That's one of those moments and sayings that I'll always remember....

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2020 at 3:41 PM, Sybaris said:

My wife has a friend that I have written about before. Can't say two sentences without throwing in Jesus and attributes anything she can't understand to her Gods plan.

 

So today she came by the house, sat in her car while her granddaughters brought up a card and poinsettia for my wife. As I was thanking the girls she yelled and asked if I thought I had had Covid.

I said I had tested positive a couple weeks ago.

She stuck her hands out of the car and clapped.

(She is a retired nurse and subscribes to the herd theory for ending Covid)

She prattled on about Gods will and the death count is wrong.

The whole exchange with her was bizarre to say the least and left me wishing I had ran down to her car and smacked her fat gray head.

 

 

Holy 5G chemtrails batman!

 

The count's wrong. Fake patients filling up hospitals...worldwide. Thousands of trusted doctors like Fauci inexplicably going rogue in March with some wild pandemic conspiracy. 

 

She's not getting the vaccination is she? :) 

 

/sarcasm 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

My 8th grade teacher once told me, "people are stupid!"

 

As we were directing people to park in the ball field behind the church for an event. We waved the person in question to park in front of the soccer goal. To which they drove all the way into the soccer goal until the net pulled tight on the car!!!!

 

That's one of those moments and sayings that I'll always remember....

 

 

My father used to say "We're surrounded by fools and idiots". I sometimes repeat it. Did you hear about the handyman who fitted a perspex shield along the desk between the operator and the computer? I suppose he wanted to protect the user from a computer virus. It's true.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2020 at 6:41 PM, Sybaris said:

My wife has a friend that I have written about before. Can't say two sentences without throwing in Jesus and attributes anything she can't understand to her Gods plan.

 

 

In March I was discussing the viral outbreak with someone.

A woman nearby upon first mention of "this virus that's becoming a problem in Asia and Europe" reacted with an automatic reflexive "well it's in the Bible!".

Like that was gonna be useful information somehow..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How many conspiracy theorists does it take to change a light bulb?

The better question is who broke it and why do they want us in the dark?

 

I've seen people say "I'm not a crazy conspiracy theorist, I don't believe in that flat earth nonsense" then go on to explain why they think the moon landing is fake, vaccines are evil, the world is only 6000 years old, Bill Gates is trying to kill everyone and 5G is some kind of mind control.  "Crazy" appears to be what everyone else is from your perspective.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

On Nov 7th when they called Biden's win in the election me and my partner were eating at an outdoor restaurant (taking proper safety precautions, wearing masks, 6 ft, etc.) and there was a guy walking around intentionally trying to caugh in everyone's food and loudly declaring that that's what Jesus would have done (unironically).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.