Goodbye Jesus

Charity is dead

AntiChrist

Why do Christian's all over the world follow the Christmas tradition when the New Testament writers say such thing's as this.

Mark 7:9
And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!

Colossians 2:8
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.

Luke 6:32
“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.

Matthew 6:1
[ Giving to the Needy ] “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen in the US that ministers and church 'leaders' avoid discussion of the well-known pagan origins and meaning of Christmas and Easter.

No way will they go out on that limb.

• 2 months later...

Well, just to toss this out there. 

When I was coming to the end of holding faith in the Christian doctrine I arrived at the conclusion that Saul (Paul) was "informed" in his ministry by Satan, not Christ. 

Which is why so many of Saul's letters/epistles contradict the Gospels account of Jesus' teachings. 

“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets” 

NKJV Matthew 22:37-40  

I think that perhaps allows the seeming observations of Saul as pertains to charity to fall into a better perspective in as far as he appears to teach against it. And of course he would if he was a satanist and not a follower of The Way.

1 hour ago, BirdShadowsOnTheDrapes said:

Well, just to toss this out there. 

When I was coming to the end of holding faith in the Christian doctrine I arrived at the conclusion that Saul (Paul) was "informed" in his ministry by Satan, not Christ. 

Which is why so many of Saul's letters/epistles contradict the Gospels account of Jesus' teachings. 

The main reason is because the so-called authentic Pauline Epistles predate any known existence of the gospels. There wasn't anything at all known to history. Then around the mid 2nd century, around 100 years after the supposed christ timeline, the Gnostic Marcion introduces the first cannon. Which were Paul's letters and his Gospel of the Lord. It isn't until after all of that when the gospels begin to appear into the historical record. Luke could be rewrite with changes of Marion's gospel according to some opinions. Whatever the case, Marcion claimed to have found Paul's letters in Antioch. No mentioned of the canonical gospels at that time. 

So it's probably the other way around and what you picked up on was where the gospels, which were written after the epistles some time later, contradict what had already been written in the epistles around the end of the 1st century. And of course satan is mythological and doesn't really play into any of it aside from being a character in a fictional storyline. 

1 hour ago, BirdShadowsOnTheDrapes said:

“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets” 

NKJV Matthew 22:37-40  

I think that perhaps allows the seeming observations of Saul as pertains to charity to fall into a better perspective in as far as he appears to teach against it. And of course he would if he was a satanist and not a follower of The Way.

An example is that what's written in Matthew came after what's written in Mark by popular estimation. And what's written in Mark is late on the scene compared to the authentic Pauline epistles. The gospels try and give a depth and background all while after the fact. It's no coincidence that christians have placed the later material in front of the older material in the bible so that it looks as if they were the 1st hand accounts and Paul followed behind them. The later christians were the one's shifting and manipulating the content. 

And ultimately, whatever Paul thought of as his jesus myth was different in many ways than what later christians of the orthodoxy in the 2nd century were thinking of their jesus myth during later periods.  

Well said.